webber777

RFE on i130. Can i respond online?

24 posts in this topic

Got an RFE on my i130 application today. So far i only have the status update so no idea what they actually want :(

Anyone else recently get a RFE recently? Do they upload it the 'documents' section online or just send it via mail?

and then can I respond online or do I have to mail in what they want?

Do they usually respond to RFEs quickly once you give them what they want?

so frustrated right now!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
26 minutes ago, webber777 said:

Got an RFE on my i130 application today. So far i only have the status update so no idea what they actually want :(

Anyone else recently get a RFE recently? Do they upload it the 'documents' section online or just send it via mail?

so frustrated right now!

They do usually respond to RFE's pretty quickly.  When you receive the RFE, there will be detailed instructions on HOW to respond.  Usually, by mail, but this is good, because your response will quickly be on the right person's desk.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

50 minutes ago, webber777 said:

so frustrated right now!

RFE?

It will also tell you how to respond. Follow the instructions on how to respond.

FYI - There is almost always an upload option on the portal BUT read the instruction and do what it says.

great thanks for replies all.

I guess i just have to wait to see it in the portal or get the mail. there is nothing in the portal under documents yet. Just the status change to say RFE was sent.

Just wish they would upload the details of the RFE and what they want when they changed the status!

• 4 weeks later...

So the reason given was two of my uploaded documents were 'corrupted' so I had to rescan and upload them again (even though when logging into my case online I could download the 2 documents successfully to my computer)

Status updated on USCIS to 'Response to RFE received' on Feb 28th and now...nothing.

Anyone know how long average for USCIS to look at RFE once you submit your documents is? Specifically at Vermont  CSC?

Really tests your mental well being this process! the unknown timelines and lack of feedback is the worst

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Webber ...

I got Request For Evidence (RFE) on 22 Feb 2022 , it took me 1 month + two weeks to get the information they need  from back home . they are requesting me to prove that my spouse previsions/past  divorce was final and asked for Divorce decree or death certificate or Annulment  , I response to the RFE today through the online portal  , I choose Online upload and not send by normal mail because I have had bad experience with USCIS sending documents by mail , they said they don't receive it (could you believe that 🙃 ) , well at lease through the online submission on response to RFE I can see my files are uploaded  and sitting there , and the case status  changes instantly  to " Response to RFE was RECEIVED 😊).

Very important note here if you decide to send it online , when you upload your files/docs online  :

Don't press the  Submit response button (after you upload the 1st file ) unless all your files you intend to submit are uploaded 

So simple guide in case someone need that :

1. Ensure the file size is less than 6MB.
  2. Drag your first file/doc to the dragging area .
  3. Repeat dragging the other files you need to include in your response for the RFE
  4. Ensure that the all files / docs were upload correctly and its names showed in the summary table . 
  5. Review and check  .
  6. Now press Submit response .

I know that some I -130  applicants  may decide to conceal their previous marriages specially  if the divorce for those marriages happen outside U.S , but for me I decided to include every thing  just in case they may checked and asked  later during background check step for my spouse before the interview .Also it depends on the USCIS evaluation for the jurisdiction system for the applicant's country !  if they decide to dig and gather more information about any previous marriages based on just a name that can do so !! 

In the notice they said to give USCIS  60 days to respond to our RFE  that we send  ,now  I am  here waiting for their decision . hopefully we will catch the queue very sooner  ,  Thank you   

image.png

Timeline
7 hours ago, Reem&Omd said:

Hi Webber ...

I got Request For Evidence (RFE) on 22 Feb 2022 , it took me 1 month + two weeks to get the information they need  from back home . they are requesting me to prove that my spouse previsions/past  divorce was final and asked for Divorce decree or death certificate or Annulment  , I response to the RFE today through the online portal  , I choose Online upload and not send by normal mail because I have had bad experience with USCIS sending documents by mail , they said they don't receive it (could you believe that 🙃 ) , well at lease through the online submission on response to RFE I can see my files are uploaded  and sitting there , and the case status  changes instantly  to " Response to RFE was RECEIVED 😊).

Very important note here if you decide to send it online , when you upload your files/docs online  :

Don't press the  Submit response button (after you upload the 1st file ) unless all your files you intend to submit are uploaded 

3. Repeat dragging the other files you need to include in your response for the RFE
  4. Ensure that the all files / docs were upload correctly and its names showed in the summary table . 
  5. Review and check  .

I know that some I -130  applicants  may decide to conceal their previous marriages specially  if the divorce for those marriages happen outside U.S , but for me I decided to include every thing  just in case they may checked and asked  later during background check step for my spouse before the interview .Also it depends on the USCIS evaluation for the jurisdiction system for the applicant's country !  if they decide to dig and gather more information about any previous marriages based on just a name that can do so !! 

In the notice they said to give USCIS  60 days to respond to our RFE  that we send  ,now  I am  here waiting for their decision . hopefully we will catch the queue very sooner  ,  Thank you   

image.png

Concealing prior marriages is potentially a material misrepresentation carrying a lifetime ban to enter the USA.  But, that is not the reason to be honest.  Being honest is its own reward and is critical to success in the visa process.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

8 hours ago, Reem&Omd said:

Hi Webber ...

5. Review and check  .

image.png

I still haven’t heard anything on my response. 41 days later. I submitted online too. Very frustrated. I’m just waiting the 60 days now so I can submit a service request. 

Let me know when you hear back though Reem&Omd. I’ll be interested to see how long yours takes to get response. Most seem to get quick response. Mine seems to have gone into a black hole 

4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

Concealing prior marriages is potentially a material misrepresentation carrying a lifetime ban to enter the USA.  But, that is not the reason to be honest.  Being honest is its own reward and is critical to success in the visa process.  

Exactly ,but sometime people feel that previous marriages outside U.S can brought to them more hassle and more overwhelming  responses to  RFE for something(in people prospective ) ends in the past  , beside how to prove divorce ends (Final Or absolute) some times is not an easy task to obtain ! , because not all the laws and marriage regulations are the same like what we have here in U.S , here they called it Divorce Decree other countries may don't have even that terminologies in their jurisdiction for example in the Islamic marriages it is call "Talaq" and it goes through many stages like First recoverable  divorce , second and absolute/final divorce  ,and each one of these stages can be regarded as Final if specific conditions were met like "Idaa" period (normally 3-4 month after the  first divorce took place ) , the law in Islamic countries most of the time( like 90% )doesn't issue final divorce certificate but they issue first recoverable divorce to encourage and give the divorcee couple a chance to re-join and stablish their marriage back again if they wish to do so during that allowance period(Idaa) ,but if the "Idda" period span and no efforts shown to rejoin again  by default the divorce will be final automatically based on religion rules and no one ever think to go to court to issue "decree"  they just satisfied by having  the first recoverable divorce certificate which will be sufficient that divorce is final  , so to prove that is complicated ! , I believe  the USCIS need to review and understand those laws and respect the way those counties have its own regulations  and try  make it easy as possible for applicants not to undergo impossible RFE gathering that does not make sense(ambiguous) for the applicant, and be more accurate in their RFE. I try to do my best to explain it hopefully it is understandable for you .Thank you,

3 hours ago, webber777 said:

Let me know when you hear back though Reem&Omd. I’ll be interested to see how long yours takes to get response. Most seem to get quick response. Mine seems to have gone into a black hole 

Sure will keep you updated , we are in the same boat , I believe everything will be alright at the end !

Timeline
6 hours ago, Reem&Omd said:

Exactly ,but sometime people feel that previous marriages outside U.S can brought to them more hassle and more overwhelming  responses to  RFE for something(in people prospective ) ends in the past  , beside how to prove divorce ends (Final Or absolute) some times is not an easy task to obtain ! , because not all the laws and marriage regulations are the same like what we have here in U.S , here they called it Divorce Decree other countries may don't have even that terminologies in their jurisdiction for example in the Islamic marriages it is call "Talaq" and it goes through many stages like First recoverable  divorce , second and absolute/final divorce  ,and each one of these stages can be regarded as Final if specific conditions were met like "Idaa" period (normally 3-4 month after the  first divorce took place ) , the law in Islamic countries most of the time( like 90% )doesn't issue final divorce certificate but they issue first recoverable divorce to encourage and give the divorcee couple a chance to re-join and stablish their marriage back again if they wish to do so during that allowance period(Idaa) ,but if the "Idda" period span and no efforts shown to rejoin again  by default the divorce will be final automatically based on religion rules and no one ever think to go to court to issue "decree"  they just satisfied by having  the first recoverable divorce certificate which will be sufficient that divorce is final  , so to prove that is complicated ! , I believe  the USCIS need to review and understand those laws and respect the way those counties have its own regulations  and try  make it easy as possible for applicants not to undergo impossible RFE gathering that does not make sense(ambiguous) for the applicant, and be more accurate in their RFE. I try to do my best to explain it hopefully it is understandable for you .Thank you,

I think we all realize there can be various difficulties.  None of those difficulties justifies lying on an immigration form.

Lies are lies.  Most lies are intended to avoid the "difficulties" associated with the truth being known.  In the US Immigration process, the consequences can be a lifetime ban from entering the USA.  Anybody who lies on an immigration form for no reason is making a very wrong decision, no matter what there "reason".

Google Who is Pushbrk?

4 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I think we all realize there can be various difficulties.  None of those difficulties justifies lying on an immigration form.

Lies are lies.  Most lies are intended to avoid the "difficulties" associated with the truth being known.  In the US Immigration process, the consequences can be a lifetime ban from entering the USA.  Anybody who lies on an immigration form for no reason is making a very wrong decision, no matter what there "reason".

Agreed , and that why people need to be very careful  ! 

On 4/8/2022 at 11:17 PM, Reem&Omd said:

Sure will keep you updated , we are in the same boat , I believe everything will be alright at the end !

Hi Webber 777

As I promise ...Thank god I get my I 130 Approval today  😀 , I am so surprised that it was done so fast , USCIS upload the approval letter but not yet update the case status in the case portal , I believe it will take  2 days or so to change the status Approve , and send to NVC .

Hope that you will hear also the good news sooner , keep us updated !  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.