webber777

RFE on i130. Can i respond online?

24 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, Reem&Omd said:

Hi Webber 777

As I promise ...Thank god I get my I 130 Approval today  😀 , I am so surprised that it was done so fast , USCIS upload the approval letter but not yet update the case status in the case portal , I believe it will take  2 days or so to change the status Approve , and send to NVC .

Hope that you will hear also the good news sooner , keep us updated !  

That’s great news. Happy for you! Congratulations.

I won’t lie it has made me even more sad and depressed I haven’t heard anything bout my case though. I’m tempted to reload the documents again at this point. I don’t understand how they havent replied for 42 days now. Everyone else in vermont who I see upload there documents gets approved straight away. Very frustrated. 

Edited by webber777

3 hours ago, webber777 said:

That’s great news. Happy for you! Congratulations.

I won’t lie it has made me even more sad and depressed I haven’t heard anything bout my case though. I’m tempted to reload the documents again at this point. I don’t understand how they havent replied for 42 days now. Everyone else in vermont who I see upload there documents gets approved straight away. Very frustrated. 

Don't do that this will make duplicate entry and will hangout the process for you .I will give you some advise wait !

4 minutes ago, Reem&Omd said:

Don't do that this will make duplicate entry and will hangout the process for you .I will give you some advise wait !

try to open both tabs below some times the Case status tab will not reflect the accurate case status , you need to open the Documenet Tab to see if there any doc with title I-130 Approval notice , check this and if not keep calling the USCIS and speek with tier 2 officer and let me know , also pray for god that it will be clear sooner ! , thank you .image.png.a7bb7c228f3023c4269fac1872aef734.png

42 minutes ago, Reem&Omd said:

try to open both tabs below some times the Case status tab will not reflect the accurate case status , you need to open the Documenet Tab to see if there any doc with title I-130 Approval notice , check this and if not keep calling the USCIS and speek with tier 2 officer and let me know , also pray for god that it will be clear sooner ! , thank you .image.png.a7bb7c228f3023c4269fac1872aef734.png

Yeh I look in there every day.  And I have called and spoke to live agents on the chat  multiple times.  No one will help, they are useless. They just tell me to wait 60 days. I don’t think I can do any harm reloading documents, they are not doing anything either way, maybe it will actually trigger them to look at my case 

• 1 month later...
On 4/11/2022 at 9:48 PM, webber777 said:

Yeh I look in there every day.  And I have called and spoke to live agents on the chat  multiple times.  No one will help, they are useless. They just tell me to wait 60 days. I don’t think I can do any harm reloading documents, they are not doing anything either way, maybe it will actually trigger them to look at my case 

Hey, did you get any update on your case?

16 hours ago, anitka said:

Hey, did you get any update on your case?

Yeh I raised a service request after 60 days but that didn’t seem to do anything. Then I went on ask Emma bout 2 weeks after that and explained everything again and finally they said a tier 2 agent would look at my case. 2 days later got a call from tier 2 saying I would just have to wait and there nothing else I could do. That was depressing.

Then the next day my case was approved so I think even though the tier 2 agent said i would have to wait that it triggered someone to look at my case. 

at nvc now. Have submitted all docs so back to waiting 

6 hours ago, webber777 said:

Yeh I raised a service request after 60 days but that didn’t seem to do anything. Then I went on ask Emma bout 2 weeks after that and explained everything again and finally they said a tier 2 agent would look at my case. 2 days later got a call from tier 2 saying I would just have to wait and there nothing else I could do. That was depressing.

Then the next day my case was approved so I think even though the tier 2 agent said i would have to wait that it triggered someone to look at my case. 

at nvc now. Have submitted all docs so back to waiting 

oh, I hope it will go faster now ! at least someone had a look and finally approved it... when it comes to waiting and getting frustrated, any small movement is helpful ! will keep my fingers crossed for you :)

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Hijack post removed~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 11 months later...
On 4/8/2022 at 7:36 PM, Reem&Omd said:

Hi Webber ...

I got Request For Evidence (RFE) on 22 Feb 2022 , it took me 1 month + two weeks to get the information they need  from back home . they are requesting me to prove that my spouse previsions/past  divorce was final and asked for Divorce decree or death certificate or Annulment  , I response to the RFE today through the online portal  , I choose Online upload and not send by normal mail because I have had bad experience with USCIS sending documents by mail , they said they don't receive it (could you believe that 🙃 ) , well at lease through the online submission on response to RFE I can see my files are uploaded  and sitting there , and the case status  changes instantly  to " Response to RFE was RECEIVED 😊).

Very important note here if you decide to send it online , when you upload your files/docs online  :

Don't press the  Submit response button (after you upload the 1st file ) unless all your files you intend to submit are uploaded 

So simple guide in case someone need that :

1. Ensure the file size is less than 6MB.
  2. Drag your first file/doc to the dragging area .
  3. Repeat dragging the other files you need to include in your response for the RFE
  4. Ensure that the all files / docs were upload correctly and its names showed in the summary table . 
  5. Review and check  .
  6. Now press Submit response .

I know that some I -130  applicants  may decide to conceal their previous marriages specially  if the divorce for those marriages happen outside U.S , but for me I decided to include every thing  just in case they may checked and asked  later during background check step for my spouse before the interview .Also it depends on the USCIS evaluation for the jurisdiction system for the applicant's country !  if they decide to dig and gather more information about any previous marriages based on just a name that can do so !! 

In the notice they said to give USCIS  60 days to respond to our RFE  that we send  ,now  I am  here waiting for their decision . hopefully we will catch the queue very sooner  ,  Thank you   

image.png

Hi, when you submitted RFE online did you submit the coversheet and the RFE notice as well? It says that we have to mail

it with the document but I’m not sure If I have to upload it as well?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.