SF83

Renewing Permanent Resident Card

9 posts in this topic

Hi there,

It will soon be time for me to renew my permanent resident card which I know I have to do by filing form I-90 within the 6 months of my card expiring. I have a question though. During my time as a permanent resident I was diagnosed with a couple of mental illnesses. I know that there is no medical examination to renew my green card but could this affect anything? I have never committed a crime. I've wound myself up into quite a panic and am quite stressed about this.

Thanks in advance

Jinxxabelle's Removal Of Conditions Timeline

Mailed Package To Vermont Service Center: 06/06/2012

Package Received At Vermont Service Center: 06/08/2012

Checks Cashed: 06/15/2012

NOA1 Received: 06/18/2012

Biometrics Notice Received: 07/07/2012

Biometrics Appointment: 07/24/2012

Approved: 03/11/2013

Card Production Ordered: 03/11/2013

10 Year GC Received: 03/16/2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Jinxxabelle said:

Hi there,

It will soon be time for me to renew my permanent resident card which I know I have to do by filing form I-90 within the 6 months of my card expiring. I have a question though. During my time as a permanent resident I was diagnosed with a couple of mental illnesses. I know that there is no medical examination to renew my green card but could this affect anything? I have never committed a crime. I've wound myself up into quite a panic and am quite stressed about this.

Thanks in advance

Have you read through the form. Is there anything on it that asks about your health?  How would they possibly know what you have been diagnosed with? 

First go over the form and its instructions.

That way you know what info is needed.

If mental health info is needed, then you are prepared for it as you file out the I-90

FYI a quick search of the instructions does not mention anything about you submitting health info

Edited by randy32

4 minutes ago, Wuozopo said:

Have you read through the form. Is there anything on it that asks about your health?  How would they possibly know what you have been diagnosed with? 

No there is absolutely nothing to do with anything medical on the form. 

1 minute ago, randy32 said:

If mental health info is needed, then you are prepared for it as you file out the I-90

I have read the form and it's instructions. There is nothing pertaining to mental health on it, nor health or anything medical in general. 

14 minutes ago, randy32 said:

FYI a quick search of the instructions does not mention anything about you submitting health info

Thank you for your assistance! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
2 hours ago, SF83 said:

No there is absolutely nothing to do with anything medical on the form. 

Then Keep Calm and Carry On 🇬🇧
It’s like renewing your driver license. You don’t have to take a driving test all over again for a renewal. Just fill out the paperwork, pay them the money, and wait for your card to arrive in the mail. 

Have you thought about applying for citizenship? Get that, and USCIS is out of your hair forever. No greencard  renewal, No telling them every time you change addresses. Stay out of the US as long as you need to if something comes up with family in the UK. You’ll have two citizenships.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
17 hours ago, SF83 said:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance

Please stop overthinking this. Your illness doesn't affect your renewal in any size, shape or form. The form doesn't even ask for such info.

18 hours ago, SF83 said:

Hi there,

Thanks in advance

No

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.