AmericanNomad

Unvaccinated foreigner entering the Philippines

40 posts in this topic

Those other documents above I believe were meant for Filipino nationals, not foreigners, but again, just make sure. Maybe something else has come out since I last checked.

On 2/5/2022 at 4:48 PM, seekingthetruth said:

The latest change is that you have to buy travel medical insurance.

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2022/02/05/2158625/iatf-issues-new-foreign-entry-guidelines

Mandatory covid health insurance is only for arriving the 10th or after. I arrived today, the 9th and it wasn’t required!

Edited by Jimmyzr1

On 2/4/2022 at 6:09 AM, Will&Christine said:

The link in your post didn't say anything about unvaccinated not allowing to enter. It said they have to undergo required quarantine protocols. It sounds like they are not rejecting unvaccinated tourists.

After the 10th, or at the very latest, the 15th they will not allow foreigners not vaccinated to enter. I think it’s the before the 10th though, which is why I determined to get here today!

5 hours ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

I just made it here to Manila today, the 9th after just getting my 9a spousal visa a week and a half ago. I think I barely made it in because I think tomorrow unvaccinated are not going to be allowed in as far as I’ve been hearing. Iatf-157 originally said the unvaxxed on a visa could get in before February 16th, but it seems they deleted that, then the iatf-160B came out saying they had be been in country before the 10th. But also is a little controversial. I had to get over here to consummate my online marriage, before getting shut out and having to wait much longer to petition her to the US.

I have yet to see anything about unvaxed, partially vaxed or unverifiable not being allowed in.

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I have yet to see anything about unvaxed, partially vaxed or unverifiable not being allowed in.

Here was iatf-157 before they deleted it right before 160B came out. It is attached below I believe. Actually that’s 160B. I’ll add 157 too.

WebPage.pdf

Edited by Jimmyzr1
Add

4 minutes ago, Jimmyzr1 said:

Here was iatf-157 before they deleted it right before 160B came out. It is attached below I believe. Actually that’s 160B. I’ll add 157 too.

WebPage.pdf 398.62 kB · 1 download

Here is iatf-157 before they deleted it.

20220113-IATF-157-RRD.pdf

5 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Check with Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines on Facebook. They changed the rules again. Typical Philippines.

1 hour ago, Will&Christine said:

Check with Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines on Facebook. They changed the rules again. Typical Philippines.

I don't know how Jimmy knew it ahead of time, but he is correct now.  160 took out the part about unvaccinated being able to come in and do the 5/14 facility quarantine.  PAL's latest update on FB says clearly "Unvaccinated foreign nationals will be denied admission into the country." starting the 10th.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

1 minute ago, seekingthetruth said:

I don't know how Jimmy knew it ahead of time, but he is correct now.  160 took out the part about unvaccinated being able to come in and do the 5/14 facility quarantine.  PAL's latest update on FB says clearly "Unvaccinated foreign nationals will be denied admission into the country." starting the 10th.

What a mess.  IATF resolution 160 took out the part about unvaccinated being able to come in and do the 5/14 facility quarantine. Resolution 160A put it back in. 160B took it out again.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Spouse

Stepdaughter

43 minutes ago, seekingthetruth said:

What a mess.  IATF resolution 160 took out the part about unvaccinated being able to come in and do the 5/14 facility quarantine. Resolution 160A put it back in. 160B took it out again.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

My wife is travelling next month. Thank God I am not going until the end of the year))

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

9 hours ago, seekingthetruth said:

I wasn’t 100% sure things would change when I booked, but had a bad feeling, was just waiting for my 9a Visa to arrive with my passport. I originally was thinking of arriving on February 11th, but changed to earlier when posts and videos kept talking about letting the fully vaxxed foreigners in. I just had a bad feeling something was coming. Even though the iatf-157 was saying we were allowed in before February 16th. I was thinking how would that go, when all fully vaxxed foreigners were allowed in. Then iatf-157 disappeared and I booked my ticket for earlier! Was slightly over $2034 from San Francisco through Philippine Airlines, but I bit the bullet and booked. I was a little worried up until the flight actually took off. Everything went so smoothly once arriving in country and everyone was very nice. Now starting day 2 in quarantine.

Edited by Jimmyzr1

Since I’m just in to consummate my online Utah wedding, nothing else will bother me. If for some crazy reason they say I t3st positive, that would suc but wouldn’t be the end of the world. At least I’m getting what I had to get done to apply for my wife and her son to get the the US! After I get with her , everything is wonderful.

On 2/9/2022 at 12:28 AM, RO_AH said:

https://doh.gov.ph/sites/default/files/health-update/IATFResolution160-B.pdf

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

They put out 160a and 160b in rapid succession. 160b removed the possibility for unvaccinated travel for 9A Visa holders and visa free travel. Of course that is subject to change or may have already changed as I don't keep up with it. I only really research the sections that apply to our situation.

Edited by Carpe Vinum

So now the Cebu governor has signed a resolution to allow unvaccinated visitors into Mactan airport, effective March 1.

Spouse

Stepdaughter

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.