Visahelp1

I-134 question

66 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I was looking at the guidelines on what to send my finance now that the noa2 has been approved. I am a little confused about the i-134 document. here is what I gather

1 everybody has to fill this form out?

2 i need to have it notarized and i need to send it to Elina with the rest of the things mentioned? and she just brings it to the interview at the embassy?

also, do i need to have anything else notarized?

I am a little confused about this document and why i need to fill it out if any one can help, i already sent all my tax documents in the i-129f.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

1) The I-134 is technically optional, but you need to affirm, and provide proof that you can support the benificiary after they arrive in the USA, and the benificiary wont become a charge of the state, the I-134 is the best way to document this.

2) Only the I-134 form needs to be notarized.

Bank statements are only needed is you are using a savings account as an asset, if your income is above 125% poverty line the don't bother listing assets, they are more concerned with income.

If your income exceeds 125% of the poverty line, then don't bother with assets, it only gives the consular officer more questions to ask.

In our case this what the I-134 included.

• I-134 signed and notarized.
  • Tax transcripts from the IRS for past 3 years, (Redundant for the (1040,W2,1099) but are free from the IRS
  • Photo copy of IRS form 1040, and W2s for past 3 years
  • Letter from my employer stating annual salary, job responsibility, and that is full time, on company letterhead.
  • Photo copies of past 6 months pay stubs up to a few weeks before the interview.

If you list the asset things the consular officer then just has more to ask questions about and you will have to provide more financial evidence. I have bank accounts, 401k and other things but did not list them on the I-134.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

thanks for your quick response YuAndDan, I also have another question. in 2004 i was well above the poverty line, as in 2006 and now in 2007, however in 2005 i was below the poverty line as i was in the police academy for half the year. will this effect her getting approved as they want the last 3 years of returns?

Timeline
thanks for your quick response YuAndDan, I also have another question. in 2004 i was well above the poverty line, as in 2006 and now in 2007, however in 2005 i was below the poverty line as i was in the police academy for half the year. will this effect her getting approved as they want the last 3 years of returns?
Should not be a problem, they are most concerned with current income, 2006, and now, a letter from employer and recent pay stubs will establish steady income, above the required level.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

All you need to do is send her:

A notarized I-134

A letter from your employer "Ryan is the best cop since RoboCop and is going to work here for the next 20 years." (Or just, "from the office of XXXXXX 'Ryan is in good standings with our company and is employed full-time")

A few recent pay stubs (copies)

Tax Info for 3 years ONLY!!! (1040 is good, but you can use even just a print out saying what your taxable wages and taxes were each year)

A statement from your bank saying "Ryan has a bank account here and the balance is about $312.19/month." (Trust me, that's enough!)

AND THAT'S IT!!! All they're looking for is that she's going to be supported by someone. There's a minimum requirement, and if you meet it, don't worry about "proving" more. You only need to be meeting it now, don't worry about what happened a couple years ago. You have a job, you make $xx,xxx (above the minimum standard) and you meet/exceed the requirement. That's all that's necessary. You're money and you don't even know it!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
Tax Info for 3 years ONLY!!! (1040 is good, but you can use even just a print out saying what your taxable wages and taxes were each year)
Anyone can download a blank 1040 from the IRS website, and fill it out with favorable data, that is why the W2 and/or 1099s need to be included, the W2/1099 prove the numbers on the 1040.

Tax transcripts are better, because they prove the income level. http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
I was looking at the guidelines on what to send my finance now that the noa2 has been approved. I am a little confused about the i-134 document. here is what I gather

1 everybody has to fill this form out?

2 i need to have it notarized and i need to send it to Elina with the rest of the things mentioned? and she just brings it to the interview at the embassy?

also, do i need to have anything else notarized?

I am a little confused about this document and why i need to fill it out if any one can help, i already sent all my tax documents in the i-129f.

Please update your timeline. Have you received your interview date yet?

K1 - Timeline

03-26-07 I-129F sent to Texas Service Center

03-27-07 NOA1 recieved date

04-04-07 notice date on NOA1 - (Case at California Service Center)

04-06-07 recieved hardcopy NOA1 in mail

04-06-07 Check cashed

04-09-07 touched

06-25-07 touched

06-26-07 NOA2 email approval at 12:30 AM

06-26-07 touched

06-27-07 touched

06-30-07 NOA2 rec'd hardcopy in mail

07-16-07 NVC rec'd case

07-18-07 NVC sent case to Moscow

07-26-07 Moscow sent out packet 3/4

10-01-07 Interview

waiting............

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I'm probably just crazy, but I thought tax transcripts were only needed if you were self employed?

5/11/2007 - Submitted I-129F

5/14/2007 - Packet Received by USCIS

5/21/2007 - Received NOA1

7/11/2007 - Ordered Police Certificate

8/16/2007 - Received Police Certificate

8/23/2007 - Received NOA2 Email Confirmation

8/30/2007 - Received NOA2 Hardcopy

9/4/2007 - Received NVC Letter

9/10/2007 - Packet 3 Received

9/24/2007 - Packet 3 Returned

10/7/2007 - Medical Interview - London

11/6/2007 - Interview - PASSED!

11/13/2007 - Passport Returned

11/18/2007 - Coming Home for Good

11/19/2007 - Had trouble at the aiport...NOW coming home for good.

12/18/2007 - Applied for Social Security Card

12/27/2007 - Received Social Security Card

2/05/2008 - Getting Married!

2/18/2008 - Submitted AOS packet

2/26/2008 - NOA for I-485, I-I-765, and I-131

2/28/2008 - Received ASC Appointment Notice

3/12/2008 - Biometric Appointment

3/13/2008 - RFE for I-485

3/24/2008 - Submitted Evidence

5/2/2008 - I-485 Transfer Notice - sent to CA center

7/17/2008 - Received EAD

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My memory of reading the requirements were that it was one year if you were an employee and three if you were self employed. I looked very hard at that on my first go round since I am sort of between the two. I am legally an employee but own the company I work for which unofficially makes me self employed. I went with one year by the way. You should have at least your last three pay stubs as well.

Ryan, your guess of Sept 17th sounds about right. We too are doing some guessing and it sounds like you are looking at the same time lines.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline
I'm probably just crazy, but I thought tax transcripts were only needed if you were self employed?
The instructions with I-134 are very old, USCIS does not use the form for anything, only the consulates use it for non-immigrant visas, the consulates tend to use the same level of financial evidence that are required for by I-864, Tax returns are at the top of that list for I-864. The Immigrant visa unit process the K-visas, and this is why they tend to request IRS returns.

Examples:

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwfivk1.pdf (Read the financial requirements for K-Visa from Manila)

http://guangzhou.usconsulate.gov/uploads/i..._law_OF-167.pdf

Again see what China recommends for financials.

It is best to use form I-134, but consider that the K-Visa is a non-immigrant with immigrant intent, and should treat the evidence requirements like the I-864 used for immigrants.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Tax transcripts are better, because they prove the income level. http://www.irs.gov/faqs/faq1-6.html

Tell me please that you do not believe that the tax transcripts cannot also be "faked" like you indicate the 1040 can be.

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Tell me please that you do not believe that the tax transcripts cannot also be "faked" like you indicate the 1040 can be.

But you won't need to submit W-2's if you use the tax transcripts.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Taxes, shmaxes.

1040/W2/Transcripts/etc..... all you're doing is proving you have some income, and that income is above the poverty level. Send what you want, just make sure it has your social security number on it and it says the same thing as your IRS statements (in the off-chance they cross-reference).

If you're a young(er) single guy, have one job (for a company/govt. agency) no kids, etc., and provide a letter from your employer and a bank statement, your tax info (whatever form you choose to submit) does nothing more than serve as "official" proof that you make what you claim you make on your I-134.

I sent my wife (in 2006) my 2005 W-2 and 1040EZ, my 2004 1040EZ and that's about it. With the three most recent check stubs, the letter from my employer, and the letter from my bank, the consulate could see that I claimed I made X, my employer said they paid me X, the IRS took X out of my checks (and gave me X back) and the bank said I had X left in my account.

Just paint the picture that you make above the poverty level for you and your sweety, and you'll be OK. Submit the tax info you have. This isn't an IRS audit. It's simply providing proof that you make enough to sponsor a nice young lady.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Tax transcripts should be fine whether you are an employee or self-employed since they are official records from the IRS and not copies of your tax returns. Obviously anyone can create fictious tax returns with software available today. That's why W-2's are requested for employees and copies of bank statements for self-employed. The state department wants to see that you actually have the income you state either through the production of a W-2 or bank statements showing deposits equallying or exceeding the income of your business.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.