Visahelp1

I-134 question

66 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Can you please be a little more specific about this letter from the bank? What exactly should it include? My co-sponsor is a self-employed writer, with some other odd jobs here and there. We were planning to just bring 1040's for the last three years, and even on the embassy website it doesn't say that 1040s aren't acceptable! Does anyone have an experience where they weren't? Just for my information, how do you go about getting the tax transcripts from the IRS? Is it free? If you have a tax transcript does that mean you don't need any letters from the bank? Thanks in advance :)

-Milena.

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two ways to get information about your tax returns from the IRS. The forms are 4506 and 4506T. The 4506 is a complete copy of your tax return as filed. It costs $39 for each year that you request. The 4506T is a transcript only and there is currently no charge. Below are links to the IRS web page with each form in pdf format. I hope this answers your questions. The first is the 4506.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506t.pdf

Timeline

The letter from the bank should include how long you have banked there. Total deposits for the past 12 months, Average and current balance. Going from memory that should cover it. There are some guidelines here about the bank letter posted somewhere.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

I don't understand why there are so many questions regarding the evidence needed... :bonk:

:idea:

Just follow the instructions included with the I-134... :pop:

Evidence.gif

If you want to bolster your case then include more evidence.

Cheers!

725268776.png

Timeline

Thanks guys, now I understand :)

Участник Русского Форума

03/2003: Met Online

12/2003: I went to Moscow as an exchange student, we met in person.

20/09/2006: Sergey proposes to me!

21/02/2007: I-129F Package mailed from Wroclaw, Poland to California Service Center

28/02/2007: NOA1 issued

22/5/2007:Approved!!!!!!!!!

04/06/2007:NVC received case

11/06/2007:Left NVC for Moscow

23/08/2007: INTERVIEW, APPROVED :)

• 1 month later...
Timeline

The I-134 is not required. However, it MAY be asked for dependent on the individual counselor officer. IOW, Have one ready for your lady, just in case! :thumbs:

Jeffery AND Alla.

0 kilometers physically separates us!

K-1 Visa Granted... Wednesday, 21 May 2008

Alla ARRIVED to America... Wednesday, 12 November 2008

russia_a.gif Алла и Джеффри USA_a.gif

AllaAndJeffery.PNG

Taxes, shmaxes.

I sent my wife (in 2006) my 2005 W-2 and 1040EZ, my 2004 1040EZ and that's about it. With the three most recent check stubs, the letter from my employer, and the letter from my bank, the consulate could see that I claimed I made X, my employer said they paid me X, the IRS took X out of my checks (and gave me X back) and the bank said I had X left in my account.

Sound like a tic-tac-toe winner

Thom n Elena

Arrived Grand Rapids 12/13/06

Finally Home

Married 12/28/06 Husband and Wife finally

AOS

Card Received 7/23/07

Aleksandr arrives 8/29/07 7 lbs 19in

ROC

Filed April 21, Received NOA May 5,2009

Biometrics 7/7/2009

Biometrics Cancelled 6/29/09

Reschedule 7/22/09

Biometrics complete only 2 people in office wifey done in 15 min

Letter received New LPR Card in 60 days WOOHOO!!!!

LPR Card Received

Timeline

Whats all this talk about going to the IRS to get an official record of your taxes?

When the instructions said; for self employed to furnish a "copy" of recent taxes, I figured they just wanted me to print one off my desk-top :)

Am I fixin to screw up?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Taxes, shmaxes.

I sent my wife (in 2006) my 2005 W-2 and 1040EZ, my 2004 1040EZ and that's about it. With the three most recent check stubs, the letter from my employer, and the letter from my bank, the consulate could see that I claimed I made X, my employer said they paid me X, the IRS took X out of my checks (and gave me X back) and the bank said I had X left in my account.

Sound like a tic-tac-toe winner

Tic-tac-toe?

X, X, X,..... Oh!

Whats all this talk about going to the IRS to get an official record of your taxes?

When the instructions said; for self employed to furnish a "copy" of recent taxes, I figured they just wanted me to print one off my desk-top :)

Am I fixin to screw up?

No. People are getting a little carried away with this I-134 stuff. This isn't an IRS audit. This is only you submitting to an govt. agency, USCIS, you make $XX,XXX/year and having another govt. agency, the IRS, as "proof" that what you're claiming to make, you actually make.

This is just Uncle Sam's way of keeping you honest. Well, as honest as you are on your taxes, anyway!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

They say i-134 might be asked for,but they always take it.So i would say this:IF you want to get Your visa do everything as they ask!And make sure you provide everything done correct!If they ask there must be a reason and its not Your business to care what they need it for lol.Just do it!

Timeline

I think the official wording is that it "may be required". Most do send it along but I don't think they pay a lot of attention to it. I was always under the impression that it needed to be notarized but someone said the Moscow web site says it does not. I have mine sitting here ready to fill out in the next day or two but have not had time to visit the Embassy website to see what it says. For a few bucks I will likely get it notarized anyway. Yes, she just takes it to the interview with the rest of the stuff.

No, nothing else needs to be notarized but they do ask for originals of your birth certificate and any divorce decrees to be available at the interview but usually they don't ask to see them.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Timeline

Just a question about supporting evidence I've heard mentioned before and I was in a discussion about and no one had an answer.

If your home is paid for and worth several hundred thousand dollars...how would you use it for the AOS? any particular form needed for it?

bruc

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
I think the official wording is that it "may be required". Most do send it along but I don't think they pay a lot of attention to it. I was always under the impression that it needed to be notarized but someone said the Moscow web site says it does not. I have mine sitting here ready to fill out in the next day or two but have not had time to visit the Embassy website to see what it says. For a few bucks I will likely get it notarized anyway. Yes, she just takes it to the interview with the rest of the stuff.

No, nothing else needs to be notarized but they do ask for originals of your birth certificate and any divorce decrees to be available at the interview but usually they don't ask to see them.

Turboguy,

Affidavit of support must be notarized for sure!And also at the interview they ask it just as important as the forms she had to fill out.It is important and they always take it from my experience and people i know went through this.

I had birth certificate of fiance and even original they never took it even thought they saw i had it.

They dont need to collect bunch of ####### papers so i guess if you have sent it at first place with your application they dont need another copy again.

For a few bucks I will likely get it notarized anyway. Yes, she just takes it to the interview with the rest of the stuff.

Your bank should be able to notarize it for free. I stepped up to the teller window and the girl working there simply stamped my forms for me. (And made out my "bank statement" as well, with another notary stamp. Grand total for all notary services...... $0!)

If your home is paid for and worth several hundred thousand dollars...how would you use it for the AOS? any particular form needed for it?

You can list it on the I-134 in the section detailing your "assets." However, if you have a house worth several hundred thousand dollars (paid for) I would assume you wouldn't need to list assets as your income should be WAY WAY above the poverty level.

As for another form needed? How about a prenup?

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

Does anyone know if the you have to have the Interview invitation letter??? She has to be in Moscow in 4 weeks so I don't think she is going to get another packet in mail. I'm sending her the forms. I requested Embassy to send another packet to her.

K1 - Timeline

03-26-07 I-129F sent to Texas Service Center

03-27-07 NOA1 recieved date

04-04-07 notice date on NOA1 - (Case at California Service Center)

04-06-07 recieved hardcopy NOA1 in mail

04-06-07 Check cashed

04-09-07 touched

06-25-07 touched

06-26-07 NOA2 email approval at 12:30 AM

06-26-07 touched

06-27-07 touched

06-30-07 NOA2 rec'd hardcopy in mail

07-16-07 NVC rec'd case

07-18-07 NVC sent case to Moscow

07-26-07 Moscow sent out packet 3/4

10-01-07 Interview

waiting............

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.