carolina0815

I-130 for my twin step daughter

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

What is best route recommendation I brought my husband with fiancé k1 visa unfortunately I was just told by immigration his paperwork was lost and have to send everything again for his adjustment of status,so now we want to send a whole package including petition his twins do I add them to ny husband AOS case or do I file a deléitate I-130 for the twins? They are 15, what is the time line for they to come approximately  ??

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

His paperwork isn't lost. The downside of K1 is that you have to AOS when you get to US. So, probably, that's what they told you. 

You did not list his daughters on K-1 application? They would have been K-2, follow to join. 

Are the twins in the US? I cannot figure that out from your statement. 

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Timeline

When I file his AOS and called to see the status update they told me they can’t find his package I sent even though ups tracking number said they received it, so now thankfully I have a copy of the package and will send it again but want to know can I send his package and do the i130 for twins ? I didn’t list the twins when I did the k1 because the mom was not ready for the transition this was in 2019 when I file k1 my husband enter us in Jan 2020 with approved k1 visa and married within 90 days is it too late to do join k2 or do I have to do i130 for twin and just continue AOS for my husband ? 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Timona said:

When I file his AOS and called to see the status update they told me they can’t find his package I sent even though ups tracking number said they received it, so now thankfully I have a copy of the package and will send it again but want to know can I send his package and do the i130 for twins ? I didn’t list the twins when I did the k1 because the mom was not ready for the transition this was in 2019 when I file k1 my husband enter us in Jan 2020 with approved k1 visa and married within 90 days is it too late to do join k2 or do I have to do i130 for twin and just continue AOS for my husband ? 

His paperwork isn't lost. The downside of K1 is that you have to AOS when you get to US. So, probably, that's what they told you. 

You did not list his daughters on K-1 application? They would have been K-2, follow to join. 

Are the twins in the US? I cannot figure that out from your statement. 

Two different processes- one is adjustment of status for your husband: -second is sending off two I-130 petitions for your stepdaughters. 

Yes, too late to add them as K2 -he’s been in the US for two years now. Why wait so long to file AOS?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
10 minutes ago, milimelo said:

Two different processes- one is adjustment of status for your husband: -second is sending off two I-130 petitions for your stepdaughters. 

Yes, too late to add them as K2 -he’s been in the US for two years now. Why wait so long to file AOS?

I started to set up the paper work but when my mom passed away from COVID in April 2020 I didn’t have the mental space to work on the paperwork work and found the day after her funeral that I was pregnant then my landlord didn’t want to renew lease so we had to move.in July 2021 I finally finished his package and mailed it out in dec 2021 they told me they can’t get a hold of his package and they deem them package lost and to re apply 

4 minutes ago, carolina0815 said:

I started to set up the paper work but when my mom passed away from COVID in April 2020 I didn’t have the mental space to work on the paperwork work and found the day after her funeral that I was pregnant then my landlord didn’t want to renew lease so we had to move.in July 2021 I finally finished his package and mailed it out in dec 2021 they told me they can’t get a hold of his package and they deem them package lost and to re apply 

I’d involve your congressperson or senator’s immigration aide to follow up on this before sending another package. It’s not unusual to take a while to process received mail and you have a tracking number showing it’s been received. 

But good on you keeping a full copy of what you sent in - if you do need to send again just enclose another personal check (and cancel the previous one). 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

As @milimelo said. 

However, just to add, you will have to fill out those papers afresh. That's because some are past their edition date and if you filled them a while back, USCIS is going to reject. So, I'd suggest look at each and every papers edition date on bottom left, and crosscheck with current editions online. Replace those that need to be replaced. 

If you send expired edition, USCIS will reject and you're back to square one. 

Oooo and cancel the check from earlier AOS..

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.