AhmedRadhy

A decision cannot be made

10 posts in this topic

So my wife had her interview today at Chicago location. She has passed all the tests but she struggled to explain the tax of 2020. The officer could not find that we have paid the 2020 tax from the printed turbotax thick 2020 tax document. She went back to check on our joint checking account to see if we paid it or not. Of course she did not find that because I have paid it from my business checking account and I have not print any statement from that account because I thought it's not Relevant here since we don't share it as a joint account. Also my wife was nervous at that moment and she forgot to tell her that i have another business account that I used to pay the tax from.

So she marked the following :

1- You passed The English test and the U.S. History and government test.

2- Follow the instructions on Form N-14,Request for Additional Information, Documents, or Forms.

3- A decision cannot be made yet about your application.

The officer told my wife that she should expect a letter coming in the mail with some instructions on providing evidence of paying the tax abd how to follow up.

Could someone explain what I need to prepare? I don't have anything to hide and I could print a bank statement from my business account showing that we have paid 2020 tax long time ago. Is there another official way to do it to make thing more smooth any easy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Don’t you have a tax transcript  for 2020 by now?

Log into  irs,gov . There are various types of transcripts. In addition to the tax transcript there is a transcript that shows if you owe the irs money 

Edited by Mike E

3 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:

So my wife had her interview today at Chicago location. She has passed all the tests but she struggled to explain the tax of 2020. The officer could not find that we have paid the 2020 tax from the printed turbotax thick 2020 tax document. She went back to check on our joint checking account to see if we paid it or not. Of course she did not find that because I have paid it from my business checking account and I have not print any statement from that account because I thought it's not Relevant here since we don't share it as a joint account. Also my wife was nervous at that moment and she forgot to tell her that i have another business account that I used to pay the tax from.

So she marked the following :

1- You passed The English test and the U.S. History and government test.

2- Follow the instructions on Form N-14,Request for Additional Information, Documents, or Forms.

3- A decision cannot be made yet about your application.

The officer told my wife that she should expect a letter coming in the mail with some instructions on providing evidence of paying the tax abd how to follow up.

Could someone explain what I need to prepare? I don't have anything to hide and I could print a bank statement from my business account showing that we have paid 2020 tax long time ago. Is there another official way to do it to make thing more smooth any easy?

Hi! That should be an easy fix. Like Mike said you can log in to the IRS website and can print the  Return Tax Transcript from there. I printed mine 2 wks ago.

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Don’t you have a tax transcript  for 2020 by now?

Log into  irs,gov . There are various types of transcripts. In addition to the tax transcript there is a transcript that shows if you owe the irs money 

I guess it was my problem for not printing those from the IRS website itself. I only got those from the turbotax document that I have done 🤦‍♂️

I hope this is all what they are going to ask for. Does the IRS provide the transcript for the fedral and state tax or just fedral?

9 hours ago, Elle Worth said:

Hi! That should be an easy fix. Like Mike said you can log in to the IRS website and can print the  Return Tax Transcript from there. I printed mine 2 wks ago.

I hope this is all what they are going to ask for. Does the IRS provide the transcript for the fedral and state tax or just fedral?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

Just federal.  America is federal republic composed of 50 independent countries. 

Edited by Mike E

7 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Just federal.  America is federal republic composed of 50 independent countries. 

So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:

1- 

Status

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

2-

Status

Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

And under Case Status there is one update :

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Mine says the 1 status since end of december, anybody know how long that'll show it? Do i need to call them? I'm a bit confused     6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?    6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?      6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?        6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?     6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?   

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Sabrina&Chuck said:

Mine says the 1 status since end of december, anybody know how long that'll show it? Do i need to call them? I'm a bit confused     6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?    6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?      6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?        6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?     6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:  So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:   1-  Status We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.   2- Status Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled   And under Case Status there is one update :     Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.   Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us?   

Correct.  Wait for the letter. I passed my interview Dec 16 2021 and  I’m in the same situation as you. All good 

6 hours ago, AhmedRadhy said:

So here is an update from the USCIS online. Under case history there are 2 updates:

1- 

Status

We recommended that your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, be approved. Your case was submitted for quality review.

2-

Status

And under Case Status there is one update :

We placed you in line for your oath ceremony and will send you a notice for Receipt Number ########, with the date, time, and location of your oath ceremony. You should receive your notice within 30 days of its mailing date. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

Does that mean all done and they don't want anytging from us? 

Correct 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

my interview was august 6th tho. they just changed it december 29th to this..I've never gotten a answer if i have passed or anything they never sent mail out like they said they would.  19 hours ago, Lil bear said:  Correct.  Wait for the letter. I passed my interview Dec 16 2021 and  I’m in the same situation as you. All good  Correct      19 hours ago, Lil bear said:  Correct.  Wait for the letter. I passed my interview Dec 16 2021 and  I’m in the same situation as you. All good  Correct 

Our Story

I'm the benificary

First met: August 23rd 2013 (F)
Engaged: November 13th 2014 :wub:
I-129f sent: March 20th 2015
Received by USICS: March 25th 2015
Mail notification + Case accepted and routed to CSC:
March 27th 2015

NOA1 hard Copy received: April 4th 2015 :dancing:

Mail notification - Petition Approved NOA2: May 8th 2015

B-) NOA2 hard Copy received: May 15th 2015 :thumbs::dance:

Called NVC & Received Case NR: May 29th 2015 :thumbs:

At NVC: Since 21th May 2015

Stuck at AP :clock:

left NVC/ In Transit to Frankfurt: 3rd June 2015 :dancing:

Ready at Embassy Frankfurt: 5th June 2015 :wow:

Packet 3 received: 11th June 2015

DS-160 Submitted: 16th June 2015

Fee paid: 18th June 2015

Package 3 sent: 13th July 2015

Ready to schedule Interview: 16th July 2015
Medical passed: 21st July 2015

Interview: 5th August 2015 :star: -> Approved

POE: 27th August 2015

Date of Marriage: 3rd September 2015 (L):luv:

:energy::energy::energy: :energy: :energy::energy:

AOS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.