laislabonita96

EAD I765 expedited - what’s next?

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, 

I have expedited my I765 last week over the phone. 
How soon after that does the status for my case number change?
It’s still on “being actively reviewed” since November. Should it have changed right after I spoke to USCIS agent? 

thank you all in advance :) 

Hi all, it’s been over a week and I still haven’t heard anything from the USCIS. My case status still hasn’t changed to “Expedite request received”. How long does that usually take? 

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 1/24/2022 at 6:27 AM, laislabonita96 said:

Hi all, it’s been over a week and I still haven’t heard anything from the USCIS. My case status still hasn’t changed to “Expedite request received”. How long does that usually take? 

I wish you all the best but I'd like to help manage your expectations. For me, it took 3 months after expedite request to get approved (even with the help of a member of congress). I recommend you to reach out to your member of congress right away to expedite. Go to house.gov or senate.gov and once you find the member of congress that you wish to contact, go to their website and look for "help with a federal agency" and follow instructions. It will usually require signing a Privacy Release form and faxing it to them before they will help you.

Hint: Try to contact a member of congress who is up for re-election as they are more likely to put urgency on your request. At least that was my experience :D The first one (Senator) is not up for re-election and they sat on it for many weeks. The second one is a Congressman who is retiring and their office called me 2 weeks later LOL. I got tired and contacted the Senator in my area that is up for re-election in the midterms and I got approved within 7 days of contacting their office.

Edited by chancecody

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 1/24/2022 at 8:27 AM, laislabonita96 said:

Hi Any news? I also expedited based on job offer. Fax documents to NBC but no answers yet.

Just posting here to add my experience (or lack thereof).

I requested expedition on 02/14/22 through EMMA. I received the email asking for additional evidence on the 02/18/22 and faxed it on 02/24/22. The first few faxes did not go through, but eventually I got confirmation (from the fax machine, not USCIS). I've been waiting since then with no update or status change.

09/15/21 - Sent packet via USPS to Chicago lockbox

09/22/21 - Priority date

09/26/21 - Text/email confirmation of receipt by USCIS

09/28/21 - Checks cashed by USCIS

09/30/21 - Received I-797C for I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130 in mail

10/09/21 - USCIS online account updates to schedule biometrics

11/01/21 - Biometrics appointment (Brooklyn, NY)

11/04/21 - Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

02/14/22 - I-765 Expedite requested

02/24/22 - Expedite evidence sent

03/23/22 - EAD arrived in mail

05/06/22 - AP approved (expedited)

01/03/23 - RFE for I-693, case transferred to Boise, ID office

01/17/23 - I-485 approved

01/25/23 - GC arrived in mail

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 8:20 PM, Yorkie62 said:

Just posting here to add my experience (or lack thereof).

I requested expedition on 02/14/22 through EMMA. I received the email asking for additional evidence on the 02/18/22 and faxed it on 02/24/22. The first few faxes did not go through, but eventually I got confirmation (from the fax machine, not USCIS). I've been waiting since then with no update or status change.

Have you heard back?

55 minutes ago, hemac said:

Have you heard back?

I have not. I called this morning to see if they could tell me whether or not the fax was received and all the agent could say was that the expedite had not been rejected, which suggests that it had been received (they said that if the evidence is not faxed after a while then the expedite gets auto rejected). I was told to call back after 30 days if I hadn’t heard anything.

09/22/21 - Priority date

11 minutes ago, Yorkie62 said:

I have not. I called this morning to see if they could tell me whether or not the fax was received and all the agent could say was that the expedite had not been rejected, which suggests that it had been received (they said that if the evidence is not faxed after a while then the expedite gets auto rejected). I was told to call back after 30 days if I hadn’t heard anything.

Sorry to hear that. I called to expedite last Monday (03/07/22) and they said they would get back within 7 days but nothing yet. Let us know what happens! Thank you!

Quick update for me. After following up on my first expedite request because I didn't hear anything after 30 days, I called the USCIS again and the agent worked with me to create a second expedite request with the same job offer. this time, I received an email asking for evidence, so I sent the fax and two weeks later I had my EAD card in my hand! :)  good luck everybody.

22 hours ago, hemac said:

Sorry to hear that. I called to expedite last Monday (03/07/22) and they said they would get back within 7 days but nothing yet. Let us know what happens! Thank you!

Update today that EAD card is being produced 

Edited by Yorkie62

09/22/21 - Priority date

I will add to help answer the question that OP had (in case others have the same question) that there was no notification of any kind between the email asking for additional information and the notice that the card was being produced. I believe others have had the same experience. After you send in the fax, you have to just sit and wait.

Edited by Yorkie62

09/22/21 - Priority date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.