TBoneTX

N-400 Seattle (Part 2)

670 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
54 minutes ago, ABCW said:

So, I have my interview this Wednesday at 2:30 and I have an urgent passport appointment on June 2nd. Will I get my Naturalization certificate at that time even if I don’t get the same day oath ceremony? Or is that something you receive after the oath ceremony? Also, if I don’t get a same day oath ceremony, how far out do they book you to come back and do it? 

The naturalization certificate is handed at the oath ceremony, not at the end of the interview. 2.30pm seems dicey to get same day oath ceremony. However, if rest of things are in order (biometrics for example are clear and nothing else is pending) you can request the office to schedule for same day oath at 4 pm. They are usually very accommodative and will try to help out. If however, they need biometrics re-approved after 2.30, you are out of luck and will likely have to be done "later"

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
44 minutes ago, SnjvSea said:

The naturalization certificate is handed at the oath ceremony, not at the end of the interview. 2.30pm seems dicey to get same day oath ceremony. However, if rest of things are in order (biometrics for example are clear and nothing else is pending) you can request the office to schedule for same day oath at 4 pm. They are usually very accommodative and will try to help out. If however, they need biometrics re-approved after 2.30, you are out of luck and will likely have to be done "later"

Thank you, I’m so nervous about that. My family is throwing me a “surprise” 40th birthday party in Canada. It will be sad if I can’t go. Also, my interview is actually at 2:10 if that makes a difference. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/22/2022 at 4:46 PM, dondoncat said:

Did anyone experience filling at Seattle office and had his/her  interview in Portland Or , please will appreciate if u share it , fd 4/28/21

Interview 6/15/22 at Portland OR and did they do sameday ceremony it will be hard to go back another day As I live and work in Seattle 

Would you mind telling which city you live in the Puget Sound area ? Just trying to evaluate if there is any method to assigning cases to Portland. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
19 minutes ago, arnab221 said:

Would you mind telling which city you live in the Puget Sound area ? Just trying to evaluate if there is any method to assigning cases to Portland. 

Sumner,WA 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
9 hours ago, W8ter said:

Things seem definitely to move faster now - got my interview notice today for July!

When did you apply? 

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
18 hours ago, W8ter said:

Feb 2021

Great to hear. My wife is Feb 2021 as well. We are concerned about the April 2021 applications getting interviews while we aren't hearing anything. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 5/22/2022 at 2:09 PM, arnab221 said:

Thanks , I did see these numbers in the past . If backlog reduction were to be graded,  Seattle would receive an F.  Just look at the ferocious rate at which other large volume field offices are attacking their N400 backlogs and then look at Seattle which is in fact adding to the backlog. 

image.png.9fce0b3a2bfeab249186258cff15516f.png

In order to meet N400 cycle time goals of 6 months by end of FY23 ( October 23) , they would need to have no more than 6 months worth of pending cases by Oct 2023(i.e , earliest case must be no more than May 2023) . To make this happen they must be able to finish all of 2021 AND 70% of 2022 by early 2023. The numbers above do not show that sort of acceleration for Seattle FO. 

On 5/19/2022 at 9:18 AM, AndyGT said:

Hi, a question for anyone that also has or had a pending I-751 along with their N400:

My wife received an interview notice last week for her N400 (applied April 2021), it doesn't mention the I-751 (applied January 2020) and the case status for the I-751 has not changed (still says case ready to be scheduled for interview since Oct. 2020). We called USCIS to ask and they said it is up to the discretion of the interviewing officer on whether they want a separate interview for the I-751 and/or if they will combine them into a single interview. The USCIS representative also said I wouldn't be able to enter the building since my name is not on the N400 interview notice, obviously this would make it hard to participate in an interview if the officer wants to do one. 

What have the experiences been from other members with pending I-751 and N400 applications? Did you receive separate notice for the I-751 interview and did that case status change? Were you able to accompany your spouse with only their N400 interview notice? 

Would appreciate if you could share how it went after your wife's interview. I have mine N400 interview in early July in Seattle office, also no mention about I751 on the notice.

On 5/20/2022 at 4:21 PM, SnjvSea said:

Interview Update : My wife and I did our interviews today. Some information that might be useful for the forum here

We both applied on same date and did our biometrics on same date/time as well. The interviews were scheduled on same date but different times. Hers was in the morning & mine in the afternoon. The process for interview is defined by many here and is accurate. 1 hr tops in & out

1. If you are approved in the morning, you will get the oath ceremony scheduled in the afternoon same day

2. Two ceremonies, one at 2.30 pm & another at 4.00 pm, batch size of 30 

3. If your interview/approval extends beyond 2 pm, you will not get oath on the day. Oath ceremony notice will be mailed to you

4. If your biometrics were taken 15 months prior, they "expire". (As was the case with us)  So the interviewer has to re-submit the same for re-approval. typically takes 30 to 40 minutes. You can wait and get the interview scheduled the same day. as my wife did and got her oath scheduled for afternoon

5. My interview ended at around 1.45 but the biometrics re-approval did not happen till the cut off time of 2 pm. So, I did not get oath scheduled for same day.

6. If you are interviewed in the morning and were approved, you will be asked to come back at 2.30 or 4 pm ceremony

7. Family and kids are ALLOWED for the oath ceremony (Not for the interview)

Fairly smooth & professional experience.

Good Luck to all :)

Thanks for this. I'm up at 2.10 so will likely not get a same-day oath then. Do please keep us posted once you hear back on when your oath is - i.e. how much after the interview you are invited back for it. Thanks.

On 5/23/2022 at 7:08 PM, ABCW said:

Thank you, I’m so nervous about that. My family is throwing me a “surprise” 40th birthday party in Canada. It will be sad if I can’t go. Also, my interview is actually at 2:10 if that makes a difference. 

Hey. I'm up at 2.10 too, a couple of weeks after you though. I'd be grateful if you could post here after your interview to confirm that you weren't offered a same-day oath.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.