Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

That last comment is a general comment and I direct it at myself as well as to everyone else. I hope no one will think I am attacking them. :unsure:

*grabs the axe in the back of her head and tries to yank it out*

Ahhh!! I'm being attacked!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last comment is a general comment and I direct it at myself as well as to everyone else. I hope no one will think I am attacking them. :unsure:

*grabs the axe in the back of her head and tries to yank it out*

Ahhh!! I'm being attacked!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Wow. Must be a good axe if it penetrated your hard head. :bonk:

Only kidding. ;)

PS: I am still invited to the wedding right? :lol:

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

My Favorite Links & Threads:

CSC & VSC K1 & K3 Recent approvals

Colombia Club Part 1 & Colombia Club Part 2

RFE List Learn from others' mistakes.

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Only if you leave the axe at home :whistle:

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hello All!!! I haven't been on here in awhile, so I wanted to jump on here and check in on everyone. I have been following this thread as well as many others, but I just haven't replied to any of them. Anyway, it looks like some of the service centers are actually processing again, so let's hope our dates don't slip any further back than they already have. At any rate, best of luck to everyone. All is well with Belen and I. We are just trying to be patient and hopeful at the same time. No an easy task as you all know very well.

Take Care,

Jason

TIME LINE

17 Jul 2007: I-129F Sent to VSC

18 Jul 2007: VSC received application via FedEx

26 Jul 2007: Check Cashed (Retrieved Case Number from the back of the check)

27 Jul 2007: NOA1 Hard Copy Received

27 Jul 2007: 1st "Touch"

28 Jul 2007: Touched

30 Oct 2007 APPROVED!!! (Military Expedite)

1 Nov 2007: NVC received

5 Nov 2007: NVC forwarded to Consulate Section in Quayaquil

12 Nov 07: Consulate Section in Quayaquil received application

26 Nov 07: Belen Recevied Packet 4

27 Nov 07: Interview date scheduled for 23 January 08 (requesting Military Expedite for interview at this time)

29 Nov 07: Interview date Changed to 17 Dec 07

17 Dec 07: Interview complete, VISA APPROVED (waiting on DHL now)

25 Dec 07: Belen arrived in US

28 Dec 07: MARRIED!!!!!

While i hope i am clearly wrong and the returned petitions get accepted, my final debate is this...

i dont see how using fedex or UPS or the postal service or hand delivery "files" a petition. the wording says otherwise "filed". my giving my petition to Fedex doesnt file it with USICS or any service center. they can lose the petition, deliver it to the wrong address, even return it to me etc. It doesnt mean USCIS will look at my Fedex receipt and give me expedited service because fedex filed it. Otherwise filed on means USICS or the service center filed it . And i dont think them signing and checking it for errors files it into the system. the ones that were return i bet arent in the system yet since they dont have a case number yet.

i do agree that the statement itself can be interpreted a few ways. it will be interesting to see how the returned petitions fare and if USCIS accepts they made a mistake.

Good luck to all that got returned because of the date.

Chris

Good news, your wish appears to be coming true. :P

:dance::dance::dance:

Great news today, everyone!!!!

I received a call from my US Senator's office this morning. The lady said she talked to the USCIS and that, with respect to the fee change of July 30, all applications were to be accepted or rejected based on the POSTMARK, and NOT on the date received. All items had to be postmarked BEFORE July 30 to qualify for the older, lower fees. Therefore, I am waiting for a letter from the Senator's office that I will send with my original AOS packet (and check....hehehe) directly to a specific person at the Chicago office.

If any of you are in this same boat or know someone who is, I strongly recommend a direct contact with your Senator or Rep. This bit of good news has saved us $2,300 and perhaps months more of waiting while we saved the extra money.

Now, I only need to hope that I didn't screw anything up on the orginal paperwork!! haha

Wish us luck once again. And special thanks to you guys who've been so supportive with your words and advice. :thumbs:

Charles

:D

My Timeline:

7/27/07 VSC rcvd I-129F--8/7/07 NOA1 issued--12/12/07 NOA2 issued--12/27/07 Pkg 3 returned--2/29/08 Interview & Approval--4/1/08 POE--6/27/08 Married--6/27/08-6/5/09 Trying to figure out how to make this work--6/11/09 Submitted AOS forms--6/19/09 NOA's issued--7/21 Biometrics--7/27 Rcvd 2 of 3 Interview appt letters for 8/24--8/3 Rcvd 3rd interview appt letter for 8/28--8/5 Used infopass appt to consolidate interviews on 8/28--8/6/09 Rcvd email notification of AP & EAD approvals--8/11&12 Rcvd AP's in mail--8/14 Rcvd 1st EAD card in mail.--8/23/11 Mailed ROC Pkg.--8/24/11 NOA--10/5/11 Biometrics

Red Flags Learn what to try to avoid or prepare to discuss and explain during interview.

HUSKERKIEV Thread Great insider tips from a former adjudicator at the Nebraska Service Center.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Count me in!!

Ok i guess this is not of interest anyone, just thought some consistancy would help folks, and help stop all this crazy posting thats going on about timelines and wait times that make no sense. Alot of folks here are out of control, need to chill a little, relax, breath, its a process, it sucks, yes, but it is what it is, we are not buying a cheese burger here there is no instant gratification in this, just every one relax ok.

It seems to me there is a total lake of consistancy in peoples timelines and tracking methods. VJ tracks by both by date sent ( which in my opinion is meaningless), and by receipt date ( this is receipt date on Noa-1), but many people here are tracking either by the date they received the hard copy ( meaningless) and the date sent ( meaningless). We have been told quite cleary by a guy who worked at USCIS that the clock starts from the recieved date printed on the NOA-1, NOT the date you sent it, or the receipt date ( the mods might want to clarify that with him). But whichever one it is, its not the date you posted it or they signed for it, or the date you received the hard copy.

For example if like me you you posted in June but Noa1- received and receipt date ( as printed on NOA-1) is in July, you are a July filier, I think its pretty simple USCIS dont start the clock, by your post mark.

Lets get consistancy or the data is worthless

Edited by Rob & Jin

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

Count me in!!

Ok i guess this is not of interest anyone, just thought some consistancy would help folks, and help stop all this crazy posting thats going on about timelines and wait times that make no sense. Alot of folks here are out of control, need to chill a little, relax, breath, its a process, it sucks, yes, but it is what it is, we are not buying a cheese burger here there is no instant gratification in this, just every one relax ok.

It seems to me there is a total lake of consistancy in peoples timelines and tracking methods. VJ tracks by both by date sent ( which in my opinion is meaningless), and by receipt date ( this is receipt date on Noa-1), but many people here are tracking either by the date they received the hard copy ( meaningless) and the date sent ( meaningless). We have been told quite cleary by a guy who worked at USCIS that the clock starts from the recieved date printed on the NOA-1, NOT the date you sent it, or the receipt date ( the mods might want to clarify that with him). But whichever one it is, its not the date you posted it or they signed for it, or the date you received the hard copy.

For example if like me you you posted in June but Noa1- received and receipt date ( as printed on NOA-1) is in July, you are a July filier, I think its pretty simple USCIS dont start the clock, by your post mark.

I am all for consistency in the data and I think VJ dropped the ball to a certain extent by not making it clear until recently what date should be entered for the NOA1 on the timelines. That led to people entering all sorts of dates which probably does distort the data a little. However, when we are looking at processing times of 4 months or more a little inconsistency in the NOA1 date is really no big deal.

In any case, VJ has corrected that now and they are in the process of re-evaluating their projection algorithm. I imagine they will change the timeline instructions again when they are finished. There is a very long thread in the site forum about this.

As to the question as to what determines the filing month for participation in this forum, well I say it does not matter. This thread is populated by an informal group of people who decided to hang out together while we went through this process. In the early days way back in July, many of us were not thinking of NOA1's because many of us had not even filed yet. The one thing that we had in common and that drew us together was the fact that we had mailed the petition during July or were working to get the petition in the mail box before the end of the month.

Later some of us wound up with NOA1's dated in August. But so what? This forum has absolutely no impact on VJ stats or projections. It is just a group of people hanging out and trying to keep each other sane.

As far as I am concerned, anyone who wants to consider themselves a July filer is welcome to participate in this forum. I don't care what date is on their NOA1. But when it comes to filling out timelines, everyone please follow the VJ instructions. This will help make sure the data is reported on a consistent basis.

My Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Count me in!!

I am all for consistency in the data and I think VJ dropped the ball to a certain extent by not making it clear until recently what date should be entered for the NOA1 on the timelines. That led to people entering all sorts of dates which probably does distort the data a little. However, when we are looking at processing times of 4 months or more a little inconsistency in the NOA1 date is really no big deal.

In any case, VJ has corrected that now and they are in the process of re-evaluating their projection algorithm. I imagine they will change the timeline instructions again when they are finished. There is a very long thread in the site forum about this.

As to the question as to what determines the filing month for participation in this forum, well I say it does not matter. This thread is populated by an informal group of people who decided to hang out together while we went through this process. In the early days way back in July, many of us were not thinking of NOA1's because many of us had not even filed yet. The one thing that we had in common and that drew us together was the fact that we had mailed the petition during July or were working to get the petition in the mail box before the end of the month.

Later some of us wound up with NOA1's dated in August. But so what? This forum has absolutely no impact on VJ stats or projections. It is just a group of people hanging out and trying to keep each other sane.

As far as I am concerned, anyone who wants to consider themselves a July filer is welcome to participate in this forum. I don't care what date is on their NOA1. But when it comes to filling out timelines, everyone please follow the VJ instructions. This will help make sure the data is reported on a consistent basis.

Very well said! :yes:

Sent I129-F on July 23rd to NSC

Received on July 25th at NSC

Check cashed by CSC on Aug 3rd

NOA1 mailed from CSC on Aug 2nd (Notice Date on form is Aug 1st)

Touched on August 7th.......

Touched on Sept.14...(due to me contacting CSC about the "jr." following his name...

Touched on Sept.19...again due to call to CSC about typo on NOA1..

Going to Manila Nov 1st for work...Get to spend 2 fantastic months with my baby!

With any luck, I will get my NOA2 when I get home in January!

!!!!!! WOW!!!! We are approved on Dec 21st!!!!! And I get to celebrate it here in Manila with my baby!

Visa in hand April 02, 2008

POE Mpls/St Paul May 04, 2008

Married! August 1st

AOS Papaerwork to Chicago August 20, 2008

Signed for by V. Bustamante on August 22nd

Check cashed August 29th

NOAs and Biometics appointment letters received September 5th

Biometrics appointment in St Paul on September 20th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Sept. 30th - I-485 Touch- Transfered to CSC

Oct. 6th - I-485 Touch - Arrive in CA?

Oct. 7th - Touch

Oct. 8th - Touch...I know, I know, I check the website too much

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

Nov. 13th - EAD Production ordered!!!

Nov. 20th - EAD arrived in mail!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

04/04/2009 - Welcome letter arrives

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Count me in!!

But it has alot of influence on peoples perception

Edited by Rob & Jin

Nov 2nd 2006 met online

June 28th 2007 sent 1-129f to NSC

July 11th 2007 NOA-1 received date on NOA-1 (now at CSC)

July 19th 2007 NAO 1 Reciept date on NOA-1

Nov 21st 2007 NOA-2

Dec 13th 2007 - arrives at NVC

Dec 20th 2007 - leaves NVC on route to GUZ

March 10th 2008- P3 sent & returned

April 9th 2008- P-4

May 22nd 2008 interview

Tracking:

Filing to Noa -1 -13 days

NOA-1 to NOA-2 - 133 days

NOA-2 to NVC - 22 days

NVC Processing - 7 days

NVC to GUZ - 81 days

P-3 to interview - 73 days

Interview to visa - 10 days

Filing to visa- 341 days

I just noticed your signature. Perhaps I had the same problem as you. They left off the suffix on my last name on the NOA1. So I notified USCIS and wound up getting touched and a correction notice in the mail that did not even specify the correction made. So I have no idea what they did.

I am a little paranoid about this whole suffix thing because they also left off the suffix on my passport even though it is on my birth certificate. I never noticed it until I was ready to submit the I-129F. Getting a new passport was not practical for numerous reasons so I crossed my fingers and submitted the petition with the name on the petition including the suffix and the passport without.

Huskerkiev was nice enough to respond to a message I sent to him and he said not to worry about it.

What is your situation?

My Timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just noticed your signature. Perhaps I had the same problem as you. They left off the suffix on my last name on the NOA1. So I notified USCIS and wound up getting touched and a correction notice in the mail that did not even specify the correction made. So I have no idea what they did.

I am a little paranoid about this whole suffix thing because they also left off the suffix on my passport even though it is on my birth certificate. I never noticed it until I was ready to submit the I-129F. Getting a new passport was not practical for numerous reasons so I crossed my fingers and submitted the petition with the name on the petition including the suffix and the passport without.

Huskerkiev was nice enough to respond to a message I sent to him and he said not to worry about it.

What is your situation?

Well, I called CSC today...and I'm glad I did!

This is the background:

I sent a copy of the NOA1 to my finace and he called me right away..." HEY! The Jr. at the end of my name missing". So I called "customer service" back in early August...they called it a "typo" and said they would send me something.

On Sept 13th, I got this e-mail:...and a touch, btw...

On 08/20/2007 you, or the designated representative shown below,

contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at

that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:

-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:

-- Information not available

Case type:

-- I129F

Filing date:

-- 08/01/2007

Receipt #:

-- WAC-07-###-#####

Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):

Type of service requested:

-- Typographical Error

The status of this service request is:

No correction can be made at this time. Correction will be made by the

officer assigned to your case based on the evidence you submitted at

the time of adjudication.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer

Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

So Since it said "correction will be made by the officer assigned to your case", I called to see if they need supporting documentation i could send now, instead of delaying it more than it already will be!!

I called right at 8 am california time (i used rfe "trick" number :innocent:)

I talk to a nice enough lady, but she was hurrying me off the phone.

I am supposed to fax directly to her a copy of his BC and passport, so she can add it to my file...so when the case officer gets it....he or she can approve it right away!!! :yes:

Sent I129-F on July 23rd to NSC

Received on July 25th at NSC

Check cashed by CSC on Aug 3rd

NOA1 mailed from CSC on Aug 2nd (Notice Date on form is Aug 1st)

Touched on August 7th.......

Touched on Sept.14...(due to me contacting CSC about the "jr." following his name...

Touched on Sept.19...again due to call to CSC about typo on NOA1..

Going to Manila Nov 1st for work...Get to spend 2 fantastic months with my baby!

With any luck, I will get my NOA2 when I get home in January!

!!!!!! WOW!!!! We are approved on Dec 21st!!!!! And I get to celebrate it here in Manila with my baby!

Visa in hand April 02, 2008

POE Mpls/St Paul May 04, 2008

Married! August 1st

AOS Papaerwork to Chicago August 20, 2008

Signed for by V. Bustamante on August 22nd

Check cashed August 29th

NOAs and Biometics appointment letters received September 5th

Biometrics appointment in St Paul on September 20th

Sept. 22nd - Touch

Sept. 23rd - Touch

Sept. 30th - I-485 Touch- Transfered to CSC

Oct. 6th - I-485 Touch - Arrive in CA?

Oct. 7th - Touch

Oct. 8th - Touch...I know, I know, I check the website too much

Nov. 8th - AP Approved!!

Nov. 13th - EAD Production ordered!!!

Nov. 20th - EAD arrived in mail!

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

04/04/2009 - Welcome letter arrives

Well, I called CSC today...and I'm glad I did!

This is the background:

I sent a copy of the NOA1 to my finace and he called me right away..." HEY! The Jr. at the end of my name missing". So I called "customer service" back in early August...they called it a "typo" and said they would send me something.

On Sept 13th, I got this e-mail:...and a touch, btw...

The status of this service request is:

No correction can be made at this time. Correction will be made by the

officer assigned to your case based on the evidence you submitted at

the time of adjudication.

If you have any further questions, please call the National Customer

Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

So Since it said "correction will be made by the officer assigned to your case", I called to see if they need supporting documentation i could send now, instead of delaying it more than it already will be!!

I called right at 8 am california time (i used rfe "trick" number :innocent:)

I talk to a nice enough lady, but she was hurrying me off the phone.

I am supposed to fax directly to her a copy of his BC and passport, so she can add it to my file...so when the case officer gets it....he or she can approve it right away!!! :yes:

Thaks for the reply.

Interesting. I received a hard copy that said almost the same thing. The only difference is the status. To me they said:

"We have corrected the error on your I-130 receipt notice in our systems. We apologize for the error on your notice and any inconvenience it may have caused you. We will not send you a corrected notice, as it would serve no purpose to do so."

Hopefully the reference to the I-130 is another typo because I submitted an I-129F.

They also already have my bc and passport so there is nothing new I can send them.

My Timeline:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
VJ tracks by both by date sent ( which in my opinion is meaningless), and by receipt date ( this is receipt date on Noa-1), but many people here are tracking either by the date they received the hard copy ( meaningless) and the date sent ( meaningless).

Just some perspective from the 'other side'. All of these dates are not meaningless. I will give examples.

I mailed my application in on the July 24th, this date is important because it determines what fees I pay.

It was received on the 27th, I sent it to TSC. This is important because when I was freaking out about not having a NOA1 or my check cashed, until I found 3 others on this very forum in almost the exact same situation! Guess what they had not received NOA1s either... no more freaking out for me...

I tend to use this site as a weather balloon of sorts, so many people going threw this shared experience as me, with dates before, and after. I watch what steps they are going threw and what there experiences are, then I am prepared for what is coming next!

My opinion is this site need not be cut up into such strict groupings, and it appears this is not the intent either!

Just food for thought, and maybe you can see things a bit better from this 'July' filers perspective hehe ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

My personnal opinion is that in fact what counts about the date is not the more important thing here,

we are on a friendly place trying to support each other while we wait for our visa, we try to give hope when one of us is done and to help those who need it. (F)

The timeline is there for that and everyone is aware that it is just a help this won't give you the perfect prediction on when you will have NOA2 or K1.... :no:

(L) I love this place it helps me keeping on, and i love being able to go peek at May fillers place and chair all the joy like today when around 10 of them suddenly received their approval... It was so good to chair that joy and to discover that the california center is back on work.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

(L) This place is my home of hope (L)

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Ahhh! Dec 8th?! That's the latest it's ever been!!! Oh well - it's all swings and roundabouts - hopefully it will all even out again soon :D

NOA1 is almost 2 months old now :) The time really has kinda flown in a weird way...

And it is just under 5 months until I get married - how scary is that?!?!?!?!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.