Bill y Bella

ATTENTION JULY FILERS!

6,102 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

hmm; bucking the trends as I have with my engagement ring (white gold and garnets), I am not planning on having a wedding dress per se :)

have never wanted to, in fact; but as my mother said: this situation gives me every excuse ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
hmm; bucking the trends as I have with my engagement ring (white gold and garnets), I am not planning on having a wedding dress per se :)

have never wanted to, in fact; but as my mother said: this situation gives me every excuse ;)

I'm not going the traditional wedding dress route either. We're getting married in Vegas so we dedided to do 'Vegas-traditional'. I'm wearing white jeans, white t-shirt and this.....

post-32638-1190619126_thumb.jpg

I'm still uncertain about the white cowboy boots with rhinestones. :whistle:

We plan on taking our marriage very seriously but our wedding will be quite tongue-in-cheek and a lot of fun. :D

Timeline

what a cool idea :lol:

We plan on taking our marriage very seriously but our wedding will be quite tongue-in-cheek and a lot of fun. :D

:yes:

I love when people distinguish between the marriage and the wedding; we all know they're different but it can be easy to forget in the mad rush of planning ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Here is mine,

I have another tiara and veil, but I have just crush for that dress.

We also already have the wedding ring and the boutonnière and my bouquet is blue.

I hope you will be able to see the picture

post-32439-1190632066_thumb.jpg

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

April 2007 :Second meeting in Us for a month

June 2007: we engaged our lawyers

17 July 2007 : I-129F send to USCIS California center

22 July 2007 : [1st NOA

16 September 2007 : Half of the waiting time done 60 days

09/22/2007 : day 66 what a long time still to wait........

11/29/2007 : NOA2 YEEEEEAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH

03 January 2008 : Package 3 fromthe embassy

17 January 2008 : Medical examination

03 Febuary 2008 / Package 4

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

25 MARCH APPROVED GOT MY K1

05/17/2007: we hope this will be our wedding day.......

dreams are made to come true, Cyril & I are made to be together

.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline

I don't have engagement rings as I really don't wear rings. Going to make exception for wedding rings though. We both getting titanium rings with the kanji symbol for love on them. Nicks engraving will be in blue and mine in antique gold. Both rings will be highly polished silver colour. Oh and my tiara is victorian and has been passed down the family and my veil was my mums so got the "something old" part covered.

With regards to not getting visa by wedding....I have until 3rd May so if no sign of it by early april then I'll make a fuss but will have been 9months by which point I'll be making so much fuss anyways.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

Timeline
I don't have engagement rings as I really don't wear rings. Going to make exception for wedding rings though. We both getting titanium rings with the kanji symbol for love on them. Nicks engraving will be in blue and mine in antique gold. Both rings will be highly polished silver colour. Oh and my tiara is victorian and has been passed down the family and my veil was my mums so got the "something old" part covered.

With regards to not getting visa by wedding....I have until 3rd May so if no sign of it by early april then I'll make a fuss but will have been 9months by which point I'll be making so much fuss anyways.

Yeaaah titanium ring are beautiful my fiancé 's one will be in titanium.... Too cool that you have a family tiara.... I really hope you will have your wedding as planned, I saw your dress it is a really beautifull on I like the middel-age look on it....

September 2006 : first meeting in US for a month ,after on year of communication

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
Yeaaah titanium ring are beautiful my fiancé 's one will be in titanium.... Too cool that you have a family tiara.... I really hope you will have your wedding as planned, I saw your dress it is a really beautifull on I like the middel-age look on it....

Titanium is becoming very popular it seems. Scott's decided he wants a titanium ring too - a black one! My engagement ring is platinum so my wedding ring will be too.

Timeline

I wasn't going to have an engagement ring either - I hardly ever wear rings - but we saw this one in Prague and it was so lovely, and felt lovely on my hand (VERY rare for me to say that!) so we just went ahead... plus that way he could officially 'ask' on the Charles Bridge... at dusk... on his birthday ;)

(all together: awwwww :lol:;) )

don't know yet about the wedding rings - we'll both get one; that's about as much as we know! I think I'll go white gold again; he'll probably go titanium... guess we'll look ;)

we're thinking we might get rings in Australia, just to keep up the exotic theme ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Timeline
:angry: I don't know what is going on I just can get on the USCIS site right now.... i know there will be probably ( should i say surely :lol: ) nothing but like every day ( twice or 3 a day) I want to check....

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

.png

My fiance picked out her own ring, it's small, with three rubies on it and a couple of diamond accents. She had told me for a long time how she hates big diamonds, and thinks they are meaningless as they are only status symbols.

I've seen a black titanium band that I thought would be nice for me, but I don't know what I'm going to wear yet.

Our Immigration Journey!

I-129F

July 27, 2007 - NOA1 Received!!!!!!!!!

July 28, 2007 - Touch

November 28, 2007 - Touch!?

November 28, 2007 - NOA2 Received!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 5, 2007 - Told by NVC that our case has already been forwarded to London!

December 11, 2007 - Packet 3 mailed out by London!

January 08 - Packet 3 lost in the mail, waiting on a new one...

January 14, 2008 - Packet 3 finally received!

March 3, 2008 - Medical Appointment

April 10, 2008 - VISA INTERVIEW!!!!!! - APPROVED!!!!!

April 15, 2008 - Visa in hand!

May 12, 2008 - POE in the US!!!!

June 21, 2008 - Wedding!!!!!!!

I-485

July 30, 2008 - Filed for AOS

August 8, 2008 - NOA's received! (for 485, 765, 131)

August 27th, 2008 - Biometrics Appointment

September 22nd, 2008 - Case transferred to CSC

October 3rd, 2008 - Case at CSC, Touched, Touched again on 7th

October 20, 2008 - AP and EAD Approved!!!

October 27, 2008 - AP and EAD Received!!!

December 19th, and 21st 2008 - Touched

January 26th, 2009 - RFE...

February 27th, 2009 - NOTICE MAILED WELCOMING NEW PERMANENT RESIDENT!!

March 6, 2009 - GREEN CARD RECEIVED!!! LPR STATUS NOW OFFICIAL!!!

You are nuts folks!!! dont put your future in jepody for the sake of a ceremony, jet the visa first, then get married, why the rush?

As I have previously mentioned (a lot because I don't want to look like more of an idiot than I already feel!) we booked our wedding before we realised how long the visa process would take and before we knew there was going to be a fee increase causing an increased number of applications... I don't feel like I am putting my future in jeopardy - if we don't get the visa in time for our ceremony then we will make alternative arrangements - I'm not suddenly going to cancel my marriage and relationship because we don't get a visa in time... I'm just trying to figure out all my options so I can make an informed decision if and when the time comes that I need to make one...

The dresses are all gorgeous!!! I am so so impressed!! They are beautiful and what I love is the fact that they are all so different!!! Here's a link to mine:

http://www.sachajames.plus.com/2006/prints...james_D1157.htm

And as for my ring... lemme find it...

http://www.generousgems.com/pink_dia_3stone.jpg

It's actually gone up in price as well - I swear Jeremy only paid half of what the asking price is now :D Bargain!! It's "14k White Gold Three Stone Diamond Ring featuring a .30ct round Pink Diamond in the center with two .15ct round Diamonds (G-H in color, SI in clarity). This ring would be .60tcw." according to the website :D

Oh this is just soo exciting!! Bring on the NOA2s!!!

(¯`v´¯).•*¨`*•?.•´*.¸.•´*

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

10 Year GC Received 03/16/11 - Apply for Citizenship 01/28/12!

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Updating our story and website @ Jeraly.com!

Ucavm8.png?5mOl2yoSa4X9m8.png?i1gWjM94

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

August 2008 AOS Spreadsheet is here! • • • July 2007 K-1 Spreadsheet is here!

Timeline
You are nuts folks!!! dont put your future in jepody for the sake of a ceremony, jet the visa first, then get married, why the rush?

As I have previously mentioned (a lot because I don't want to look like more of an idiot than I already feel!) we booked our wedding before we realised how long the visa process would take and before we knew there was going to be a fee increase causing an increased number of applications... I don't feel like I am putting my future in jeopardy - if we don't get the visa in time for our ceremony then we will make alternative arrangements - I'm not suddenly going to cancel my marriage and relationship because we don't get a visa in time... I'm just trying to figure out all my options so I can make an informed decision if and when the time comes that I need to make one...

The dresses are all gorgeous!!! I am so so impressed!! They are beautiful and what I love is the fact that they are all so different!!! Here's a link to mine:

http://www.sachajames.plus.com/2006/prints...james_D1157.htm

And as for my ring... lemme find it...

http://www.generousgems.com/pink_dia_3stone.jpg

It's actually gone up in price as well - I swear Jeremy only paid half of what the asking price is now :D Bargain!! It's "14k White Gold Three Stone Diamond Ring featuring a .30ct round Pink Diamond in the center with two .15ct round Diamonds (G-H in color, SI in clarity). This ring would be .60tcw." according to the website :D

Oh this is just soo exciting!! Bring on the NOA2s!!!

I love your dress .... In fact like you i love all the dress they are gorgeous and all different we are all going to look so good and our man too yeeeaaah USCIS Come on we are ready we have been patient..... SPEED UP!!!!!

17 MARCH INTERVIEW

.png

Btw - am working on Debz' K-1 Prayer - going to try and funky it up a bit and post it here if I can or I'll put it somewhere where people can download it or something :D

My OH suggested we send it to CSC :D I thought it would be quite funny so I'm working on that too :D

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Join the VJ facebook group! • • • Live in Cali? Join the Brits in California facebook group!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
Btw - am working on Debz' K-1 Prayer - going to try and funky it up a bit and post it here if I can or I'll put it somewhere where people can download it or something :D

My OH suggested we send it to CSC :D I thought it would be quite funny so I'm working on that too :D

hahaha..can just imagine the puzzled look on the faces of the workers at CSC. That took me all of 5mins to write. Was one of these go with the flow things.

I too love the fact that we all have very different dresses but they all stunning...damn we have good tatse. I wanted a corset style one as I love corsetry and do voluntary victorian costume stuff at historical places in glasgow. I currently tightlace with a steel boned corset to 22" waist...now I'm 5'10 so looks quite dramatic. Not going to go any smaller though.

MY TIMELINES

K1

06/21/2007 - petition mailed....finally

07/09/2007 - NOA1 (hard copy 07/11/2007)

11/13/2007 - NOA2...127days after filing (hard copy 11/17/07)

12/22/2007 - packet 3 rec. (12/28/2007 returned)

01/11/2008 - medical (allergic to tetanus shot, requirement waived)

02/05/2008 - interview @ 10am - APPROVED!!!!!!

03/12/2008 - Flying Glasgow - Dublin - Chicago - Omaha

05/31/2008 - WEDDING

AOS

07/31/2008 - AOS and EAD finally mailed

08/02/2008 - Delivered

08/08/2008 - Check cleared

08/11/2008 - NOA1's for AOS and EAD recieved (reciept date 08/07/2008)

08/16/2008 - Biometrics letter recieved

09/09/2008 - Biometrics at 1pm, Omaha

09/26/2008 - AOS transferred to CSC

09/29/2008 - AOS touched (took out envelope at CSC and put in new pile)

10/03/2008 - AOS touched (probably that RFE coming soon!!!!)

10/06/2008 - AOS touched AGAIN!!! (surely it's an RFE)

10/15/2008 - EAD CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED!!!!YEY!!!

10/27/2008 - EAD IN HAND

01/12/2009 - AOS touched

01/26/2009 - Email from CRIS. GREENCARD PRODUCTION ORDERED..YIPPPPEEE

ROC

10/25/2010 - ROC mailed

11/15/2010 - NOA1 and check cashed

http://www.jeraly.com/images/VisaDocs/CSC%...20-%20Final.jpg

See what you think :D

I have a friend who makes corsets - I have asked her to make me one for my wedding - this is what it will be based on:

http://www.bridalcorsets.com/v176u.htm

Debz - you sound like you lead a very interesting life - you do so much!! When do you ever see Nick?!

.`*.¸.*´ ~Timeline~

¸.•´¸.•*¨) ¸.•*¨)

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•

*´•.¸.*´•.?•*`.¸

(¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•? •

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.