Adwoa123

Interview scheduling in Ghana

9 posts in this topic

Timeline

Hello everyone. Please, I stumbled upon this platform and it seems many people here have some great insight. I need some guidance about my fiancé's petition please. It has been finally submitted to the embassy in Ghana and the status says:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment..." should we complete the DS 160 now and schedule the interview or the embassy will notify us first? Will they notify me or my fiancé..? And will this be email or mail? (We all know the mailing system in GH - sigh). It's been like this since the beginning of November...any tip is appreciated.

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Yes ,  time to do the ds 160

The Form DS-160 must be completed and submitted online prior to your interview at the Embassy or Consulate. The barcode number on the Form DS-160 confirmation page is required in order to book your interview. The Form DS-160 must be submitted online and the printed confirmation page must be brought to the interview.

best to u

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 12/24/2021 at 4:37 AM, Missfely said:

Hello everyone. Please, I stumbled upon this platform and it seems many people here have some great insight. I need some guidance about my fiancé's petition please. It has been finally submitted to the embassy in Ghana and the status says:

"Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment..." should we complete the DS 160 now and schedule the interview or the embassy will notify us first? Will they notify me or my fiancé..? And will this be email or mail? (We all know the mailing system in GH - sigh). It's been like this since the beginning of November...any tip is appreciated.

Thank you!

Yes, you should do the DS-160 online. Then go to an authorized bank and pay the interview fee. The bank will give your fiancé a receipt. You use that receipt number to schedule your appointment. The embassy does not schedule fiance interviews….. you do it yourself 

Timeline

For married couples, they have sent out interview letters for those DQ’d in early March 2020. For fiancé’s, they just finished those whose NOA2 was the end of March 2020. My friend’s children have their interview next week and he filed for them early 2020. Hope that helps. The embassy is moving, but they are maintaining an extremely low volume of interviews because of this pandemic. 

• 1 year later...
Timeline

Did I make a mistake? After my case status says ready in CEAC, I went ahead and did DS 160, pay the visa fee, and booked my interview date. I did all this without receiving packet 3 from the embassy. I'm worried that my fiancée will be turned away for her interview.  Any advice will help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.