joone745

HOW I MAINTAINED BEING THIN AT 30

42 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Joon Nice post!

The Best method of determining Daily Caloric Requirements is The Harris benedict Formula it calculates Lifestyle and activity.

Harris Benedict formula for calculating BMR & Daily Caloric needs

A lot of people who are trying to lose weight are so consumed by the numbers and Counting calories that they fail to implement the basic comcepts of Healthy lifestyle.

the controlable factors of simply moving more, and eating smaller portion sizes through the day will yield dramatic results.

in addition to eating a healthy Balanced breakfast to start the day.

My wife is 5'6 and weights 115 she breakfast everyday and we are active, she doesn't go the gym but walks a lot and spends very little time sitting. on the weekends we go Mt. biking, hiking or Play tennis.

Neither of us Count calories.

The Best method of determining Daily Caloric Requirements is The Harris benedict Formula it calculates Lifestyle and activity.

gewelcome-vi.gif

3dflagsdotcom_japan_2faws-vi.gif

IMPORTANT NOTICE:Like you all, I am not an attorney ; I am a layperson (I have laid a lot of persons ) My advice is based on Experience obtained by filing ourselves

AOS met in Japan 1994 married 10/2004

DO:Los Angeles,Ca.

6/17/06 Forms Sent (I-130, I-485, and I-765)

6/19/06 RD I-130,I-485, I-765

6/26/06 NOA rcvd

7/15/06 Biometrics complete Day 22

8/4/06 Interview Notice Rcvd Day 42

9/9/06 EAD Card Received :)Day 78

9/13/06 SS Card Received :)Day 82

9/27/06 AOS Interview Los Angeles APPROVED LPR Day 96

12/04/06 Welcome To the United States Letter received

12/08/06 Green Card Received- expires 12/2016

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see the report in another 30 years. I am fast approaching 60 and for me to loose weight I have had to make some drastic changes. I have always gone to the gym but it doesn't help as much as before so I have had to really cut back on the calories and I also try to keep my grams of fat intake each day to 20 or less.

I was taking cholesterol medication and that also had an affect on my weight loss. I stopped taking the medication and now am having good success in loosing weight. I dropped 14 pounds in the first six weeks but lost another 10 pounds in the last two so I am very happy.

Basically I am eating a lot more vegetables and fruits with very little animal fat. I am probably consuming about 1400 calories a day and burning about 600 in the gym. I know my weight loss will slow down but have a goal of loosing another 25 to 30 pounds by Christmas.

Good luck to anyone who is attempting to loose weight, I sure know how difficult it is once you get older :thumbs:

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

Let's see the report in another 30 years. I am fast approaching 60 and for me to loose weight I have had to make some drastic changes. I have always gone to the gym but it doesn't help as much as before so I have had to really cut back on the calories and I also try to keep my grams of fat intake each day to 20 or less.

I was taking cholesterol medication and that also had an affect on my weight loss. I stopped taking the medication and now am having good success in loosing weight. I dropped 14 pounds in the first six weeks but lost another 10 pounds in the last two so I am very happy.

Basically I am eating a lot more vegetables and fruits with very little animal fat. I am probably consuming about 1400 calories a day and burning about 600 in the gym. I know my weight loss will slow down but have a goal of loosing another 25 to 30 pounds by Christmas.

Good luck to anyone who is attempting to loose weight, I sure know how difficult it is once you get older :thumbs:

\

good for you brother jim

Peace to All creatures great and small............................................

But when we turn to the Hebrew literature, we do not find such jokes about the donkey. Rather the animal is known for its strength and its loyalty to its master (Genesis 49:14; Numbers 22:30).

Peppi_drinking_beer.jpg

my burro, bosco ..enjoying a beer in almaty

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&id=10835

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

thats so nice of u to have all those determination... its only a matter of doing it... :blush:

MY TIMELINE

05-18-2006 went home to the Philippines to visit her

06-02-2006 sent out I-129F

06-24-2006 NOA1

09-13-2006 TOUCHED for the first time :)

09-19-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed by CSC

09-20-2006 TOUCHED

09-23-2006 IMBRA RFE received

09-25-2006 IMBRA RFE mailed overnight to CSC

09-29-2006 IMBRA RFE received by CSC

10-01-2006 TOUCHED

10-16-2006 APPROVED via email!!!!!! (136 days later)

10-20-2006 received NOA2 in the mail

11-01-2006 Manila received

03-02-2007 Medical

03-09-2007 Interview

03-16-2007 Visa in hand

03-23-2007 flight to SFO

05-04-2007 civil wedding

09-07-2007 AOS interview

thats so nice of u to have all those determination... its only a matter of doing it... :blush:

No determination for me, I am living it :yes: I find it hard sometimes when Claudeth is sitting there eating hamburgers and french fries but so far so good!

usa_fl_sm_nwm.gifphilippines_fl_md_clr.gif

United States & Republic of the Philippines

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid." John Wayne

City: Philippines but Filed in Bangkok Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
97 lbs at 5'2" is underweight. The BMI is 17.7 and the lower range of normal is 18.5.

It's irresponsible to encourage people to be underweight.

I agree. This The ideal weight for 5'2" is 105-112lbs. You'd better eat a little bit more :yes::)

ME<!--aimg-->philpine.gif<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->HIM<!--aimg-->usflagc.gif<!--Resize_Images_Hint_Text--><!--/aimg-->

<span style='color:purple'><span style='color:red'>August 2002--met at www.dreamdates.com

October 11, 2003--first meeting in Thailand

October 13, 2003--He proposed!!

February 2004--Hired a lawyer, sent I-129

May 25, 2004--US embassy in Thailand received the papers

June 2004--I received packet 3

August 24, 2004--Received Interview schedule

October 20, 2004 @7.00am--consular interview---SUCCESS!!

November 6, 2004--Flight to US

December 18, 2004--Wedding

January 26, 2005-Sent I-765 (EAD), I-485(AOS), and I-130

Feb. 26, 2005--Received NOA1

March 11, 2005--Fprints/ Bio Appt, approved online.

March 17,2005--Received EAD card in mail. Yay!!

April 4, 2005--got a job.

April 14, 2005--Received AOS interview Date

June 21, 2005--AOS Interview

August 15, 2005--Got my <span style='color:green'>GREEN</span>CARD</span></span>

May 15, 2007--Filed 10 year extension greencard

July 11, 2007--Fprints/Bio appt.

April 13,2008--Letter from USCIS notifying of transfer from NSC to CSC

May 16, 2008--10 year Greencard arrived!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm 5'1" and a half and 118 ... I was down to 108 a couple of years ago and looked sickly

Met in Cleveland 07/07/05 ... Fireworks!!!

Emails and phone calls until first visit back September '05

Many trips to Cleveland and overnight stays in New York

Engaged 05/07/06

07/18/07 - Interview yeeehaaa .. approved

07/26/07 - received Visa from Montreal (should have received 07/24)

07/26/07 - POE Buffalo, NY (Peace Bridge) .. No EAD stamp

07/27/07 - Beautiful marriage .. now you may call me Mrs. :)

07/28/07 - Filed AOS,EAD, and AP for me and AOS and AP for my son via UPS .. received 08/01

08/16/07 - applied for ssn

09/03/07 - received ssn card

11/07/07 - AP approved and received 11/12/07 :)

11/19/07- EAD approved online and received same day (actual approval 11/07/07) :)

12/27/07 - AOS transferred to CSC

02/26/08 - 485's approved without interview

01/14/09 - Sent I-751 - removal of conditions

02/23/10 - Biometrics

03/17/10 - Removal of conditions approved .. card production ordered

"Life is not measured by the amount of breaths that we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

Im 5ft 5ins and clearly 97lbs means cutting off a couple of limbs. I do agree that even at 5ft 2, 97lbs is too low. Nicole Richie is that height and 94lbs and honestly looks deathly so Im inclined to agree with others that 97lbs is underweight. Ive never gone above 130 but also never below 120 for as long as I can remember and that bracket is perfect for me. I do try and eat well but the odd donut or bar of chocolate isnt going to kill me so hail to Krispy Kreme and Lindt !!!

Filed: Timeline

You are T tiny :P

I'm 5'2 too and weight 108lb, I wear size 2 pants and xs shirts and I'm 31. I used to be lighter a while ago but quit smoking, since then I gained and kept 10 pounds. I'm not on a diet and eat tons of burgers, candies, sodas but have a healthy diet base to begin with. I know I owe a lot to my genetics to begin with but also know I maintained this weight because I'm a nullipara. My mother gained a lot of weight when she was pregnant with me, lost some but was never like she used to.

I came across that book here, French Women Don't Get Fat: The Secret of Eating For Pleasure because a lot of women ask me if I follow the diet that is in the book... We sure eat better because we focus on the quality for the customer and not the lifetime of the product on the shelf and it's no big news if I tell you we love our traditional gastronomic food more than anything. Eating well is a lifestyle we practice (at least most of us) all year long. I've noticed that I cooked more than any Americans I know and exercise on a regular basis, I'm a very active person and need to burn a lot of energy to go through my day.

I know people look at me eating with a lot of curiosity because my diet is "strange". First I start my meals with fresh produces, through the season it can go from a salad with nuts and apple to half a grapefruit or cantaloupe. Then I have my main course, always meat, fish, eggs with some vegetables again according to the season, then well not everyday anymore but sometimes when I go to Seattle and can get a hold on real cheese, I have a few slices of different cheeses with bread and butter + salad. I barely have dessert because at that point I'm full. My secret is to NEVER eat some of the main course dish a second time, instead if I'm still hungry I eat something else or have a dessert.

Take your time to cook your own food, don't see eating well or better as a punishment, it's good for your heart and it brings a lot of satisfaction.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Skinny people scare me.

ONE DAY AT A TIME....

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

12/30/2008: Overnighted I-751 package to VSC

01/06/2009: Check cashed

01/06/2009: NOA (arrived 01/09/09)

01/23/2009: Biometrics appt letter received

01/31/2009: Biometrics scheduled

05/20/2009: APPROVED

06/23/2009: 10 Year Green Card arrived

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
To the OP, maybe you could tell me how do you eat everyday. I mean do you reduce the portion of your meals into a half or something ?. I have the same height with you but I weight like 105lbs. I don't know if it's still in BMI range but I know my fat tummy looks annoying :/

-G

You weigh 105 and think you have a fat tummy? :blink:

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord