Dil & Malar

NOVEMBER 2021 I-130 Filers

370 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
10 minutes ago, Hanbee said:

Hey guys! Update, just received the USCIS email this morning that our case is being actively reviewed. Hoping to get that NVC email in the next few days and we will officially be on to the next stage. I’ll keep you all posted. We filed Nov 4, 2021 and processing center is Potomac. So things are moving. 

Congratulations.. keep watching documents tab for approval notice.  NVC email comes in 3 to 5 days

32 minutes ago, Hanbee said:

Hey guys! Update, just received the USCIS email this morning that our case is being actively reviewed. Hoping to get that NVC email in the next few days and we will officially be on to the next stage. I’ll keep you all posted. We filed Nov 4, 2021 and processing center is Potomac. So things are moving. 

Just checked my documents tab and got the approval notice!!!! Officially approved and moving on to the NVC stage! 🎉🎉🎉 

Hi Friends!

Maybe it would be beneficial if we all posted our current timelines so those who have not gotten their approvals can see just how quickly USCIS is moving this January for November 2021 filers. 

I-130 NOA-1 Received at Texas Center: 11/4/21

Transferred to Potomac Center: 4/20/22
I-130 NOA-2 Approval:  1/4/23

On 1/4/2023 at 6:44 PM, AMH said:

Yeah, I just checked my email and it looks like it was 3 days between the USCIS email (Subject: "We have taken action on your case") and the NVC email (Subject: Notice of Immigrant Case Creation). Then it took us about a week to get all our documents together and submitted. If you can get started on prepping your NVC docs ahead of time, it'll help speed up that part. Good luck!

Yey, we got the welcome letter  after 3 working days too! After paying, we wait for them to acknowledge right? And then fill up the form and submit docs? Anyone have info on how long they review documents? Does NVC expedite? 

31 minutes ago, Azc1122 said:

Yey, we got the welcome letter  after 3 working days too! After paying, we wait for them to acknowledge right? And then fill up the form and submit docs? Anyone have info on how long they review documents? Does NVC expedite? 

Congratulations on your approval. Once you pay the NVC fees it takes around 3 days for their system to update and come out of pending status. You will need to check that as they won’t notify you. Then you can upload all the documents. I submitted my docs on November 28th and got DQ’D on December 30th, it is about 1 month currently which is great. I do believe you can expedite if you have a valid reason. Good luck 

43 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

Congratulations on your approval. Once you pay the NVC fees it takes around 3 days for their system to update and come out of pending status. You will need to check that as they won’t notify you. Then you can upload all the documents. I submitted my docs on November 28th and got DQ’D on December 30th, it is about 1 month currently which is great. I do believe you can expedite if you have a valid reason. Good luck 

Oh wow, thank you! Yes, health reasons :( mine. Hopefully the medical certificate will help. Appreciate the reply! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Finally got second active review notice and approval today. I am sure fact that we contacted congressman worked because they replied to him today as well. So NVC here we come :)  

Timeline
Just now, Margo2017777 said:

Finally got second active review notice and approval today. I am sure fact that we contacted congressman worked because they replied to him today as well. So NVC here we come :)  

CONGRATULATIONS.

10 hours ago, Azc1122 said:

Same! NVC here we come!

1 minute ago, Margo2017777 said:

That's amazing!!! 

14 hours ago, Azc1122 said:

If you want to check the review time for NVC you can do it on their website or this nicer one, which will also track interview data for different embassies. Good luck!

Got word (NOA 2) yesterday that our November 2021-filed I-130 for IR-1/CR-1 was approved.

The NOA 2 came from the Potomac Service Centre, but NAO 1 (416 days ago!) came from Texas Service Centre. We didn't (as far as I know) get any notice that our case had been transferred from Texas to Potomac. Where can I determine the date the case was transferred - irrelevant now, but I am curious.

Service Center : Texas Service Center
Transferred? Potomac Service Center
I-130 Sent : 2021-11-23
I-130 NOA1 : 2021-11-24
I-130 RFE : n/a
I-130 RFE Sent : n/a
I-130 Approved : 2023-01-14

• 2 weeks later...

this is off topic, does anyone know which affidavit form/s do we need to fill out in our situation, my income is not sufficient however i have a friend who is willing to sponsor, 

which affidavit form should i fill out? 

and which one should he fill out?  

Timeline
8 hours ago, mdshaheen said:

this is off topic, does anyone know which affidavit form/s do we need to fill out in our situation, my income is not sufficient however i have a friend who is willing to sponsor, 

which affidavit form should i fill out? 

and which one should he fill out?  

You completed a Form I-864, you do not meet the minimum income requirement, and you are using a household member to meet the minimum income requirement

You, the sponsor (petitioner), and the joint sponsor must complete Form I-864A.

See tips for completing Form I-864A.

• 1 month later...

Hey everyone, hoping we're all nearing the end of our visa saga! My wife and I just had our interview yesterday at the embassy in Seoul, South Korea and the visa was issued today, so we're done! 16 months start to finish... and that was without any RFEs or anything. Here's our brief timeline, good luck to everyone on the last stages!

Nov 15 2021: Filed with USCIS (transferred from Nebraska to Vermont, who knows where else)

Nov 11 2022: Got approved and sent over to the NVC

Dec 29 2022: Got approved / DQ'd

Feb 7 2023: Got the interview appointment

Mar 8 2023: Had our interview in Seoul, South Korea

Mar 9 2023: Visa Issued

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.