Dil & Malar

NOVEMBER 2021 I-130 Filers

370 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 11/9/2022 at 6:34 AM, Dil & Malar said:

Friends - Last night I got an alert "case is actively reviewing" for the second time (6 days after I sent RFE response).  I logged in and saw the approval notice in the documents tab.  What a journey for one year approval, especially in the last 6 days when they asked me to send the marriage certificate which I already submitted in the initial filing.    Jesus, Allah, Muruga, Shiva, Vishnu...   I wish you all to get the APPROVAL VERY SOON.   VERY SOON.  Thanks for all of your prayers and I will pray for you to have approval and subsequent steps as fast as possible.

NOA1 -  11/10/2021 (from Nebraska SC)

Actively Reviewing - 11/10/2021 (transferred to California SC)

RFE for marriage certificate - 11/02/2022 

Responded - 11/02/2022

Actively revieing - 11/08/2022

Approval in the documents tab - 11/08/2022

NOA2 - 11/09/2022

Congratulations!!! So happy for you both!  I'm on a similar path as you are NOA1 - 11/19/2021 (from Nebraska SC - Transferred to California SC). Hoping to see approval soon! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline
24 minutes ago, RJ&RV said:

Congratulations!!! So happy for you both!  I'm on a similar path as you are NOA1 - 11/19/2021 (from Nebraska SC - Transferred to California SC). Hoping to see approval soon! 

Can someone tell me step-by-step how I get in touch with Emma Thank you

على بابا

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
Just now, alibabaa said:

Can someone tell me step-by-step how I get in touch with Emma Thank you

Visit this page on Desktop - https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant 

Scroll a bit down - On the top right, you would notice a pop up that mentions "Need Help? Ask Emma". Click on it. 

Type "speak to a live agent". Then choose "Technical difficulties" from the list of options. Usually that works. 

Follow rest of the commands (Receipt Number, DOB, Address) requested by the live chat bot.  

Hope this helps! 

Spoke to Emma, case is still in Potomac Center. There processing time says 80% of cases are approved within 12 months and its been over 12 months by 6 days. According to their website, I cant inquire about it until Feb 2023 if I don't get approved in the next couple of months.. Sigh. Life is always on hold for visa stuff... 

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Hanbee said:

Spoke to Emma, case is still in Potomac Center. There processing time says 80% of cases are approved within 12 months and its been over 12 months by 6 days. According to their website, I cant inquire about it until Feb 2023 if I don't get approved in the next couple of months.. Sigh. Life is always on hold for visa stuff... 

I have difficult to talk to Emma anytime I say something they send me the link what do I need to do. Thank you

على بابا

Timeline
41 minutes ago, RJ&RV said:

Visit this page on Desktop - https://www.uscis.gov/tools/meet-emma-our-virtual-assistant 

Scroll a bit down - On the top right, you would notice a pop up that mentions "Need Help? Ask Emma". Click on it. 

Type "speak to a live agent". Then choose "Technical difficulties" from the list of options. Usually that works. 

Follow rest of the commands (Receipt Number, DOB, Address) requested by the live chat bot.  

Hope this helps! 

Thank you

على بابا

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
Just now, alibabaa said:

I have difficult to talk to Emma anytime I say something they send me the link what do I need to do. Thank you

when you emma chat screen,  type "Connect to Live Chat"...  you will get a long menu and you will see this.  Click connect to live chat
image.png.368f020b470af7f99108a16950c913d6.png

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Dil & Malar said:

when you emma chat screen,  type "Connect to Live Chat"...  you will get a long menu and you will see this.  Click connect to live chat
image.png.368f020b470af7f99108a16950c913d6.png

Thank youThank you

على بابا

1 hour ago, Hanbee said:

It’s frustrating having your life on hold for an indefinite period of time. I’m seeing loads of 2022 approvals now too and it’s really getting to me. Just saw a July 30th 2022 case get approved at Vermont- 103 days. I’m happy for them but I do feel like I’ve been forgotten about and left behind now. 🥲

Timeline

Bad news for me my case at vermont service center they receive my cause November 15, 2021 After I talk to Emma representative told me I cannot file inquire before August 2023. 

Any feedback I appreciate it. 

على بابا

11 minutes ago, alibabaa said:

Bad news for me my case at vermont service center they receive my cause November 15, 2021 After I talk to Emma representative told me I cannot file inquire before August 2023. 

Any feedback I appreciate it. 

That’s ridiculous especially when a Vermont case got approved today in 103 days without expediting. Try not to get too upset, honestly I think you will get it long before then. If I ever survive this without having a heart attack it will be a miracle. Sometimes I think it’s best not to reach out to the Emma chat it can make things a lot worse. I’m praying for all us November 2021 cases for some good news soon 🙏

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Icedgem said:

That’s ridiculous especially when a Vermont case got approved today in 103 days without expediting. Try not to get too upset, honestly I think you will get it long before then. If I ever survive this without having a heart attack it will be a miracle. Sometimes I think it’s best not to reach out to the Emma chat it can make things a lot worse. I’m praying for all us November 2021 cases for some good news soon 🙏

Well said.   Reaching out to EMMA is very discouraging and it is very hurtful activity.  They have (almost all the time) no useful information and they give the blanket answer.  Say for example,  the RFE response received and usually it is getting approved within 3 days,  when I asked they said, it will take 60 days, but it is done in 5 days.  When you do not have any fun, you can chat with Emma.  Especially to find out when to ask, you can check in the site itself.  VERY VERY RARE you get useful information.  Based on my analysis,  the I-130 takes about a year to approve now..Potomac is taking upto 14 months.  There are some cases gets done way before that, but not sure what is the factor triggering the approval.  I wish and pray every gets approval ASAP

Happy for everyone that got approved! It gives us hope that we can be approved next! 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻 it's so frustrating because I can't even apply to renew my tourist visa for fear of getting denied and have that seen during the process. My anxiety level is through the roof because of this and not helping healing from cancer (still under meds for a few more years). 🙈

image.png.68d1f8934343c84f549dca84c8bf2915.png

Current processing times via visajourney. Not sure if its completely accurate. But that said, does anyone know where I can find Potomac service center processing times on visajourney? Because its not even listed here.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 5/30/2022 at 11:08 AM, alibabaa said:

thank you we all witting for the news by the way my case start with IOE what service center is that ??

According to the USCIS website IOE means on line processing and the case can end up at any of the 5 or 6 processing office. The main ones that get transferred sometimes more then 2x are the ones that file other applications besides I-130. Stand alone I-130 are very minimal that are transferred.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.