J&D1008

NOVEMBER 2021 I-129F K1 FILERS

260 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

Its currently 2 am where i live. This process is really stressful and i keep trying to estimate the time my NOA2 will arrive. 

I got my NOA1 November 16th and its almost been 3 months. Some say the processing time take 5 to 8 months others say 9 to 12. 

i find this page like i can talk to people that really understand the struggle. 

MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US !!!

2 hours ago, maria dakotta said:

Hello everyone,

Its currently 2 am where i live. This process is really stressful and i keep trying to estimate the time my NOA2 will arrive. 

I got my NOA1 November 16th and its almost been 3 months. Some say the processing time take 5 to 8 months others say 9 to 12. 

i find this page like i can talk to people that really understand the struggle. 

MUCH LOVE TO EVERYONE AND GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF US !!!

Yeah you're right it's too hard, we're September filers so it's almost been 5 months, and we know it's going to take us 5 to 6 more months. 

You can go to the USCIS website and they recently updated their timeline to 9-12 months.  

And of course if it stays this way, it might take us 13+ months to get 2NOA.

we pray for a MIRACLE, because it's been a disaster the last few months. 

You can always follow the March and April filers, you can take an idea about the situation, they're very active and they post daily processed cases and updates. 

Other groups are still sleeping. Lol .

Best luck 🙏

Edited by OM&OL

On 2/6/2022 at 9:37 PM, OM&OL said:

You can go to the USCIS website and they recently updated their timeline to 9-12 months.  

And of course if it stays this way, it might take us 13+ months to get 2NOA.

we pray for a MIRACLE, because it's been a disaster the last few months. 

1NOA on November 1, 2021 here!

Seeing that updated timeline was an absolute gut punch last week, since the lawyer we consulted had recommended the fiancé visa route rather than getting married (we had been leaning toward getting married first and applying). Because when we started filling out the application, it had been a mere five months estimate and married visas took much longer. 

Oh well, we're on this path now... Best of luck to you as well! I keep telling myself that what goes up (estimates) must come down.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
22 minutes ago, selember said:

1NOA on November 1, 2021 here!

Seeing that updated timeline was an absolute gut punch last week, since the lawyer we consulted had recommended the fiancé visa route rather than getting married (we had been leaning toward getting married first and applying). Because when we started filling out the application, it had been a mere five months estimate and married visas took much longer. 

Oh well, we're on this path now... Best of luck to you as well! I keep telling myself that what goes up (estimates) must come down.

I know it's not much consolation, but a marriage visa could take as much as 3-4 years right now depending on which service center ends up with your application, so it seems like the wait is going to be on the longer side regardless of which path is taken :(

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

UGHHHH i find peace being and chatting here with everyone. i feel so drained honestly and it breaks my heart thinking i am not the only one . I keep thinking about the approval which is gonna take like a year , i really want to forget about it for some time so the months pass by easily but it keeps me up at night constantly thinking about it...

1 hour ago, maria dakotta said:

UGHHHH i find peace being and chatting here with everyone. i feel so drained honestly and it breaks my heart thinking i am not the only one . I keep thinking about the approval which is gonna take like a year , i really want to forget about it for some time so the months pass by easily but it keeps me up at night constantly thinking about it...

I wish USCIS know what they're making us go through! This is so frustrating 😭

On 2/8/2022 at 11:59 AM, dalindeck said:

I know it's not much consolation, but a marriage visa could take as much as 3-4 years right now depending on which service center ends up with your application, so it seems like the wait is going to be on the longer side regardless of which path is taken :(

That's so true. Honestly, it is a consolation. We're all just doing the best we can to be together. :) 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Posts spamming  links and FB groups have been removed. DO NOT post any outside links to groups. It is a TOS Violation and you put your account at risk~~

~~Please be very careful about any information you posts to any of the links that were shown. Any personal information from these sites can be stolen and used without your knowledge.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

🙋🏾‍♀️ Hi everyone!

Fellow November filer here! According to the current 10-13 month processing time... we are at the half way point. Wishing everyone good vibes going into the second half of the waiting period. Let's hope for more speed in the months to come🤞🏾

1 hour ago, PKKS said:

🙋🏾‍♀️ Hi everyone!

Fellow November filer here! According to the current 10-13 month processing time... we are at the half way point. Wishing everyone good vibes going into the second half of the waiting period. Let's hope for more speed in the months to come🤞🏾

Not to be Debbie Downer, but 10-13 months highly unrealistic. Current times are 13-15 Months (they are still processing end of March and have just started April 2021). lets hope that the processing times picks up. But USCIS has been nothing but disappointment. 

Edited by DSBeijing

Timeline
54 minutes ago, DSBeijing said:

Not to be Debbie Downer, but 10-13 months highly unrealistic. Current times are 13-15 Months (they are still processing end of March and have just started April 2021). lets hope that the processing times picks up. But USCIS has been nothing but disappointment. 

Yes, I am aware. Some people are getting their NOA2 at the 12-13 month range. My hopes is that once the recent federal funds given to USCIS to improve processing times that go into effect next month will get us closer to the 10-13 month range or less.

8 hours ago, PKKS said:

Yes, I am aware. Some people are getting their NOA2 at the 12-13 month range. My hopes is that once the recent federal funds given to USCIS to improve processing times that go into effect next month will get us closer to the 10-13 month range or less.

Exactly. Also, quite a few of us are leading an effort to contact Congress and the White House to bring attention to these inhumane delays and help 1) keep USCIS to its promises and 2) make those efforts better than a goal processing time of "6 months by the end of 2023". We've got people writing physical letters, emailing, a text campaign, a website, and social media accounts. Part of the battle is simply explaining to anyone what is going on since it's a complicated process so we're trying to combat that with this: https://fixthefiancevisa.com/ 

• 1 month later...
Timeline
9 hours ago, Nuba said:

Hello fellow Nov 2021 filers. After reviewing the detailed data on this site about I129F processing, sadly the processing time is still running at 13 months. No sign yet of any backlog reduction in K1 land.

Nuba! Right here with ya.

My hope is that we either get notices by Christmas.... or they do what they did last month which was starting to work on June cases. I am hoping for October more than December !🤞🏾

Hi PKKS:  

I too had hope for October when USCIS (briefly) showed 10.5 months processing time when they changed  the display from a range to a single number. Interestingly the fine print then said that this represented their internal cycle time, which is the amount of time it would take them to process the current backlog.  Assuming that the number of cases is (roughly) constant and they were working at a (roughly) constant rate, that would have put us in late Sep thru Oct.  

However this brief hope was soon dashed by reality.

1 - Soon after posting the forward-looking 10.5 they changed to a backward-looking methodology that uses the 80th percentile of time to completion over the past 6 months. The revised number was 13. According to  detailed daily processing data obtained by diligent folks on this forum running scripts against the USCIS check status page, this 13 months is accurate.

2- In order to achieve 10.5 months going forward they will have to average on each day more than the average number of cases in the backlog.  There is currently no indication that they have achieved this rate.

3 - The number of June applications processed so far has been miniscule. 

Our best hope for a Halloween treat is that after the March announcement of the intention to reduce the backlog they actually have more adjudicators who will come up to speed this summer.

Edited by Nuba
additional material

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.