10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hoping someone has been through this in Ireland recently and can give some insight.

My husband is currently awaiting his spousal visa. He attended his interview November 2nd but due to backlog he only had his medical on November 15th.

The CO told him once they received his medical report then they would request his passport and issue the visa. I know it’s only been 2 days but we have a 3month old daughter he hasn’t even met yet and just want him here ASAP. 

Has anyone been through this in Ireland 🇮🇪 lately and if you have, how long did it take after the medical to get your passport sent to the embassy and back again ?

Thanks advance ☺️

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
26 minutes ago, kweeva21 said:

Hoping someone has been through this in Ireland recently and can give some insight.

My husband is currently awaiting his spousal visa. He attended his interview November 2nd but due to backlog he only had his medical on November 15th.

The CO told him once they received his medical report then they would request his passport and issue the visa. I know it’s only been 2 days but we have a 3month old daughter he hasn’t even met yet and just want him here ASAP. 

Has anyone been through this in Ireland 🇮🇪 lately and if you have, how long did it take after the medical to get your passport sent to the embassy and back again ?

Thanks advance ☺️

Results should be ready a week after medical and it takes about 10 days after they receive that to issue Visa so i would say end of next week he should hear from embassy to drop off passport then about 10 business days after that he should have Visa issued.

Did they tell him how long it takes for them to send results. I assume they send now to embassy and no more pick up by the beneficiary?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, dwheels76 said:

Results should be ready a week after medical and it takes about 10 days after they receive that to issue Visa so i would say end of next week he should hear from embassy to drop off passport then about 10 business days after that he should have Visa issued.

Did they tell him how long it takes for them to send results. I assume they send now to embassy and no more pick up by the beneficiary?

The hospital said they send the results electronically and they would do that same day (so this past Monday) or the following morning at the latest. They also told him that the embassy is up to date with processing from what they’ve been told. 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 11/17/2021 at 6:49 PM, kweeva21 said:

Thanks advance ☺️

Hello any updates since?🙂

On 1/18/2022 at 11:30 AM, Martha86 said:

Hello any updates since?🙂

On 11/17/2021 at 6:23 PM, kweeva21 said:

The hospital said they send the results electronically and they would do that same day (so this past Monday) or the following morning at the latest. They also told him that the embassy is up to date with processing from what they’ve been told. 

I would also like to know what the update is! 🙂

Timeline
32 minutes ago, OfficialGreenT said:

I would also like to know what the update is! 🙂

So update!

Liams medical revealed he has Sarcoidosis of the lungs (an autoimmune disease). Because of this he had to get a CT scan and bloodwork done privately to show it wasn’t TB or anything transmissible. So that set us back about €900 on top of the €650 for the medical. 

Those results were sent to the embassy and we still didn’t hear back for over a week. I got in touch with Senator Markey office here in Massachusetts who contacted the embassy for me, as I was getting no response from them. 
a previously uploaded and approved document on CEAC was “missing” so they couldn’t continue the process (no way of us knowing this without Markey’s office bugging them).

Sorted that out and got the request for his passport December 14th. Liam overnighted it and we got the email it was being returned on December 23rd. He picked it up from the courier Christmas Eve morning at 7am and got the first flight out of Ireland and landed in Boston Logan at 8pm Christmas Eve 🥰❤️
Finally finished and have him here and United with his daughter 

1 minute ago, kweeva21 said:

So update!

Liams medical revealed he has Sarcoidosis of the lungs (an autoimmune disease). Because of this he had to get a CT scan and bloodwork done privately to show it wasn’t TB or anything transmissible. So that set us back about €900 on top of the €650 for the medical. 

Those results were sent to the embassy and we still didn’t hear back for over a week. I got in touch with Senator Markey office here in Massachusetts who contacted the embassy for me, as I was getting no response from them. 
a previously uploaded and approved document on CEAC was “missing” so they couldn’t continue the process (no way of us knowing this without Markey’s office bugging them).

Sorted that out and got the request for his passport December 14th. Liam overnighted it and we got the email it was being returned on December 23rd. He picked it up from the courier Christmas Eve morning at 7am and got the first flight out of Ireland and landed in Boston Logan at 8pm Christmas Eve 🥰❤️
Finally finished and have him here and United with his daughter 

Gosh that's awful about the disease, although I guess lucky they came accross it! Glad to hear everything worked out in the end.

How was your experience contacting the Senator's office and them bugging the embassy? My wife and I are currently in a similar situation where the consulate just won't request my passport and isn't replying to e-mails.

Cheers,

Timeline
14 minutes ago, OfficialGreenT said:

Gosh that's awful about the disease, although I guess lucky they came accross it! Glad to hear everything worked out in the end.

How was your experience contacting the Senator's office and them bugging the embassy? My wife and I are currently in a similar situation where the consulate just won't request my passport and isn't replying to e-mails.

Cheers,

They were so great at the Senator’s office. They tried to help us back in August to expedite his visa so he could be here for her birth but the embassy refused. In fairness to Tristan (the person I was in contact with), they tried and kept in contact with me after that to see if they could help with anything.

She emailed me same day and got a response from the embassy within 24hrs. After that the embassy responded to every email I sent immediately. 
Where is your wife from ? 

4 minutes ago, kweeva21 said:

They were so great at the Senator’s office. They tried to help us back in August to expedite his visa so he could be here for her birth but the embassy refused. In fairness to Tristan (the person I was in contact with), they tried and kept in contact with me after that to see if they could help with anything.

She emailed me same day and got a response from the embassy within 24hrs. After that the embassy responded to every email I sent immediately. 
Where is your wife from ? 

Wow, that sounds much more effective than I had anticipated! My wife is in Fredericksburg, VA, so I'll have her look into who represents her district. Did you call or write to a generic office number/address, or did you address a letter to the actual senator (which I presume would end up on his staff's desk initially anyway)? Any tips/help/insight on that process are much appreciated!

Oh, edit to add: the email address you used for the embassy, was that similar to "AmsterdamIV@state.gov", or was it an actual embassy email address (after the '@')?

Edited by OfficialGreenT

Timeline
Just now, OfficialGreenT said:

Wow, that sounds much more effective than I had anticipated! My wife is in Fredericksburg, VA, so I'll have her look into who represents her district. Did you call or write to a generic office number/address, or did you address a letter to the actual senator (which I presume would end up on his staff's desk initially anyway)? Any tips/help/insight on that process are much appreciated!

Oh yeah more than happy to help! I know how awful this all is.

So my mother had told me that Senators Ed Markey and Elizabeth Warren had helped colleagues of hers with issues with landlords and would be worth checking them out myself. I just went onto their websites individually and both of them had a section on the website saying “Help with a Federal Agency”.

Through that they two separate forms to fill out. One was to give them as much information as I deemed necessary for my “request” (at the time it was to expedite under humanitarian reasons to be here for his daughters birth). The other form was a privacy waiver which they use so the embassy will discuss case specific information. 

Then the following day I got an email from Tristan at Senator Markey’s office (never heard back from Elizabeth Warrens), who is his Constituent Services Director. 

I never actually spoke to Ed Markey, I only spoke with his staff and they were the ones who contacted the embassy. Seemed to do the trick no problem.

So most recently, after Tristan emailed them, they said if we had anymore questions then we could email them ourselves (obviously we had already done that before and got no response). From then on they responded to every one of my emails with 24hrs or less.

So yeah I would recommend that your wife contact any US Senator in her district, check their websites and go from there.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.