CatXplosion

German Fiance & Police Certificate Question

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello,

I'm trying to get some kind of closure or put my mind at ease.

My fiancé and I have been in the visa (K1) since early 2019. 

We're basically at the point where he only needs a interview and medical.

However, he needs to get his police certificate and new passport pictures.

So it shouldn't be hard right? Well, now he says he's asked for a police certificate multiple times and it hasn't arrived. 

So then I asked him, well next time you go ask for a receipt so we know its done and ask for them to mail it to the city hall to prevent things from getting lost in transit etc. (Oeynhausener Strasse 41
32584 Löhne - +49 5732 1000)  And he tells me that they just don't give out receipts.

Personally I don't think he has any reason to lie to me, and so far he hasn't.. I just want to make sure and cover my behind. I don't want to be somewhere or with someone that lies to me.

Let me know if anyone knows anything. I've went as far as emailing and sending a dm through FB of his closest city hall.

I even asked the Frankfurst embassy if they needed an updated police cert. and they said yes. I feel like they should of extended that but whatever. I've asked for extensions on the K1 visa multiple times because of this and I'm getting stressed out.

Thanks!

*** Moved from Off Topic to the regional forum, for Germany-specific information ***

1 hour ago, CatXplosion said:

now he says he's asked for a police certificate multiple times and it hasn't arrived.

This DOS page says minimum processing time is 3 to 4 weeks.  Has it been that long already?  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Germany.html

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Chancy said:

*** Moved from Off Topic to the regional forum, for Germany-specific information ***

This DOS page says minimum processing time is 3 to 4 weeks.  Has it been that long already?  https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country/Germany.html

Over a month. On the “first” request. The “second” one has been less than a week. I messaged the city/town hall and they said that they always give out receipts no exceptions. So he lied to me about that and I don’t know what to do. Or understand why when we’re so close. And he’s order one and received it before. 

36 minutes ago, CatXplosion said:

I messaged the city/town hall and they said that they always give out receipts no exceptions.

Not sure what town hall receipt you're expecting.  The DOS page says the right office to request police records from is the Federal Office of Justice in Bonn.  No other police certificates will be accepted by the consulate in Frankfurt.

Timeline
18 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Not sure what town hall receipt you're expecting.  The DOS page says the right office to request police records from is the Federal Office of Justice in Bonn.  No other police certificates will be accepted by the consulate in Frankfurt.

In order to request a police certificate from the federal office you can go to your local town hall/city hall and request it there and they put a request from there. Since its a transaction they give you a receipt like any transaction does. Regardless, I spoke with him and he was lying to me. 

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

German in the AOS process within the US here. He can just do it online on the Federal Office of Justice website if he has his National ID Card (Perso) unlocked for it. I requested it while residing in the us. Took 4 working days for me to get it to my parents house. And town halls do give out a receipt as you have to pay for the fee (13€). Germans love paper receipts so they can complain (another thing germans love :))when things like this happen. 

Edited by Shockboxx

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 11/8/2021 at 9:49 AM, CatXplosion said:

In order to request a police certificate from the federal office you can go to your local town hall/city hall and request it there and they put a request from there. Since its a transaction they give you a receipt like any transaction does. Regardless, I spoke with him and he was lying to me. 

Sorry that this has happened. If you have any other country specific questions about the process you can always post in the topic for Germans above. We usually write in German but feel free to interrupt us 😁

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.