My timeline: 

March 29, 2021 - I 130 filed (Nebraska)

April 20, 2021 - case being actively reviewed by USCIS for I 130

July 9, 2021 - I 131, I 765 and I 485 filed

September 27, 2021 - Medical documents submitted to USCIS for I 485

December 7, 2021 - finger peints given

December 8, 2021 - case is being actively reviewed by USCIS for I 485

After 1 year-I 765 AND I 131 approved on june 3, 2021

On june 10, 2022- EAD/ADVANCE PAROLE Combo card received. 

Oct 1, 2022 file e request for case outside normal processing time for I 130 as it was now pending for 18 months!!!! 

Oct 14, 2022 received an email from USCIS saying basically they are sorry for the delay and there is nothing else i can do except wait. 

Oct 28, 2022 suddenly recieved an email on case status change and when i logged in it shows that "case closed" for I 765 AND i 131. This confused me as i already had those applications approved about 5 months ago in june 2022. When i searched on forums i saw that it means nothing. At some point USCIS closes those cases that were approved. 

Two days later i.e. today oct 30, 2022- i just check my staus and it shows " case approved" for I 485 and approval notice will be sent. 

Funny thing is I didnt get an interview. Also, my I 130 is still showing "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS."

MY Questions to all you wonderful people are: 

1. What does this mean? Am i done with this endless wait? Or i will still have to go for interview? Or i will still have to wait for I 130 APPROVAL which shows being actively reviewed? 

2. If i am done with everything then how long does it take to get the actual green card? 

3. Will i get conditional green card (2 years) or 10 year green card? (Marriage was in May 2020= >2.5 years)

Any guidance will be heavily appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

It has been a long long long wait for me of almost 19 months since I 130. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
On 10/30/2022 at 10:41 PM, Immiwait said:

Hello everyone, 

My timeline: 

March 29, 2021 - I 130 filed (Nebraska)

April 20, 2021 - case being actively reviewed by USCIS for I 130

July 9, 2021 - I 131, I 765 and I 485 filed

September 27, 2021 - Medical documents submitted to USCIS for I 485

December 7, 2021 - finger peints given

December 8, 2021 - case is being actively reviewed by USCIS for I 485

After 1 year-I 765 AND I 131 approved on june 3, 2021

On june 10, 2022- EAD/ADVANCE PAROLE Combo card received. 

Oct 1, 2022 file e request for case outside normal processing time for I 130 as it was now pending for 18 months!!!! 

Oct 14, 2022 received an email from USCIS saying basically they are sorry for the delay and there is nothing else i can do except wait. 

Oct 28, 2022 suddenly recieved an email on case status change and when i logged in it shows that "case closed" for I 765 AND i 131. This confused me as i already had those applications approved about 5 months ago in june 2022. When i searched on forums i saw that it means nothing. At some point USCIS closes those cases that were approved. 

Two days later i.e. today oct 30, 2022- i just check my staus and it shows " case approved" for I 485 and approval notice will be sent. 

Funny thing is I didnt get an interview. Also, my I 130 is still showing "case is being actively reviewed by USCIS."

MY Questions to all you wonderful people are: 

1. What does this mean? Am i done with this endless wait? Or i will still have to go for interview? Or i will still have to wait for I 130 APPROVAL which shows being actively reviewed? 

2. If i am done with everything then how long does it take to get the actual green card? 

3. Will i get conditional green card (2 years) or 10 year green card? (Marriage was in May 2020= >2.5 years)

Any guidance will be heavily appreciated. Thank you in advance. 

It has been a long long long wait for me of almost 19 months since I 130. 

I've seen a lot of approved cases without interview lately in the fb group... If you applied after already being married 2 years, then it will be a 10 year card, I believe. Otherwise... you'll need to apply for the 10 year one after this one is expiring.

3 minutes ago, NB5347 said:

I've seen a lot of approved cases without interview lately in the fb group... If you applied after already being married 2 years, then it will be a 10 year card, I believe. Otherwise... you'll need to apply for the 10 year one after this one is expiring.

Thank you for your response. 

Updated timeline. 

I 130 also shows "case approved" 2 days after I 485 approval. 

I 485 status changed to "card was produced" 5 days after approval  

Then "card was picked up by USPS" 1 day after that. It has tracking number of priority mail anticipated to come in 2 business days. 

Hopefully everything is done. 

Thank you for ur help. 

12 hours ago, NB5347 said:

Which Facebook group is that? Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I spoke with Ask Emma today regarding my husbands case. Informed me that the case is at the local field office and that the interview is marked as waived.

Is this info usually accurate? So far no update in our online account. I'm assuming it will change soon.

For those who chatted with Emma and were told the same thing, how long did it take before you received an update on your status? 

1 hour ago, MrsAb2021 said:

I spoke with Ask Emma today regarding my husbands case. Informed me that the case is at the local field office and that the interview is marked as waived.

Is this info usually accurate? So far no update in our online account. I'm assuming it will change soon.

For those who chatted with Emma and were told the same thing, how long did it take before you received an update on your status? 

They are usually accurate. 

You may hear from them soon. However, chatting may not impact quick outcome or decision. 

If u file an e request for outside normal processing time then it will help. 

Good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/7/2022 at 2:51 PM, MrsAb2021 said:

I did the same about a week ago and we just got notification that case was approved!

Timeline
10 hours ago, NB5347 said:

I did the same about a week ago and we just got notification that case was approved!

Oh Awesome! Congratulations!! 

I hope we see same thing here soon.

Timeline
On 11/6/2022 at 8:29 PM, Immiwait said:

Thank you for your response. 

Updated timeline. 

I 130 also shows "case approved" 2 days after I 485 approval. 

I 485 status changed to "card was produced" 5 days after approval  

Then "card was picked up by USPS" 1 day after that. It has tracking number of priority mail anticipated to come in 2 business days. 

Hopefully everything is done. 

Thank you for ur help. 

Thanks for the update! My husband got approved on the 15th so maybe next week we will get the card for our one-year anniversary present!! 

Timeline

Woke up today and checked and husbands case is also approved. No interview. Original filing date 11/18/2021. Now to just wait on the card!

Timeline
On 11/19/2022 at 9:54 AM, MrsAb2021 said:

Woke up today and checked and husbands case is also approved. No interview. Original filing date 11/18/2021. Now to just wait on the card!

Woohoo! We got "card produced" on November 18! My husband just got another "case update" but not seeing what it is yet -- guessing it's card mailed though!! Yay!

Timeline
On 11/21/2022 at 5:32 PM, NB5347 said:

Woohoo! We got "card produced" on November 18! My husband just got another "case update" but not seeing what it is yet -- guessing it's card mailed though!! Yay!

I hope so! Congrats again to you both! 

we are still on “case approved”, hopefully it will update here soon!

Timeline
On 11/23/2022 at 7:33 PM, MrsAb2021 said:

Didn’t get a text from USCIS but the status on the online account portal is now listed as “card produced.”

Yay! We received it within 5 days once it went to card produced! Congrats!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.