mitzab

K1 visa pakistan only

97 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Do you require police certificate for the K1 visa in Pakistan? If yes from all police stations where she lived or only recent residence.

I appreciate a response with some concrete background if you can please.

Couldn't find on US embassy site

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

2 hours ago, mitzab said:

Do you require police certificate for the K1 visa in Pakistan? If yes from all police stations where she lived or only recent residence.

I appreciate a response with some concrete background if you can please.

Couldn't find on US embassy site

No you do not need police certificate for Pakistan, however if your fiancée lived in a country outside Pakistan for more than 6 months then it’s needed from that particular country. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

all information is on the Pakistan webpage

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/ISL-Islamabad.html

If you are older than 16 years of age:  Police certificates are not required from Pakistan. However, an original police certificate is required from any countries where you previously lived.  For more information on obtaining these certificates, visit Reciprocity by Country. If the first three items are all true, or the fourth item is true, you must obtain and bring a more recent police certificate to the interview:

1. You are older than 16 years;
  2. Your stay in that country was more than a year; and
  3. You obtained a police certificate and submitted it to NVC more than one year ago; or
  4. You still live in the country that issued the police certificate and you submitted it to NVC more than one year ago. 

Timeline
45 minutes ago, Arsalan111 said:

No you do not need police certificate for Pakistan, however if your fiancée lived in a country outside Pakistan for more than 6 months then it’s needed from that particular country. 

Thanks

We're you able to upload all the required documents via CEAC or you had to take them all in person during interview? Have you already received your passport with visa?

• March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)

2 hours ago, mitzab said:

Thanks

We're you able to upload all the required documents via CEAC or you had to take them all in person during interview? Have you already received your passport with visa?

You have to take the documents to the interview if you are going through fiancé visa. I am waiting for passport to pick up. It’s issued on CEAC. Waiting for courier call. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Arsalan111 said:

You have to take the documents to the interview if you are going through fiancé visa. I am waiting for passport to pick up. It’s issued on CEAC. Waiting for courier call. 

Thank you so much

Timeline
16 hours ago, Arsalan111 said:

Do you know if they accept Cansino vaccine? 

Timeline
On 10/21/2021 at 1:41 AM, Arsalan111 said:

Any vaccine that is approved by either USFDA or WHO. I have never heard of this vaccine. Look WHO approved list of vaccines 

Sorry for peppering you with questions but I am hoping you can help me with this

So we finally got NVC Case number, hoping that our file makes it to the embassy soon

I have already filled out DS160 on CEAC website, but I have not submitted it, when exactly should I submit it? Seems like common consensus is when your case is at the embassy? what was your experience on that

for I134, I have also had it ready, do we take it in person to the interview or at some point after the file gets to the embassy we will get an option to upload all these

also, you were approved on 12th of October, have you receieved the passport yet?

again thanks for all your help

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

No, if you lived in  an other  country for more than six months then you need one from that country.but if you still want one from pakistan for your peace  of mind  , you go to nearest  district  court to get one.in lahore they have special  booth for police report at liberty  chowk.

On 10/23/2021 at 2:13 AM, mitzab said:

Sorry for peppering you with questions but I am hoping you can help me with this

So we finally got NVC Case number, hoping that our file makes it to the embassy soon

I have already filled out DS160 on CEAC website, but I have not submitted it, when exactly should I submit it? Seems like common consensus is when your case is at the embassy? what was your experience on that

for I134, I have also had it ready, do we take it in person to the interview or at some point after the file gets to the embassy we will get an option to upload all these

also, you were approved on 12th of October, have you receieved the passport yet?

again thanks for all your help

You need to track you case on CEAC website by putting NVC case number which I believe you have at this point. You get that number by calling NVC or also they email your petitioner. On CEAC it will show status of your case and when it says “Ready” then you need to submit DS-160 and next step is making an account on Ustraveldocs for interview appointment. 
then you need medical appointment after getting an interview date. (You need to check for your approved medical center whether they accept the vaccine you have received if not better get The approved vaccine first)
For K1 no document gets uploaded. So you have to take every document with you. You MUST take I-134 Affidavit of support with you during for interview or they won’t approve the visa and refuse it. Also, make sure you take petitioners tax returns or tax tax transcripts. I took both and they ended up taking tax transcripts.

yes, my visa got approved on 12th October and I got my visa on hand just yesterday 

Edited by Arsalan111

Timeline
59 minutes ago, Arsalan111 said:

You need to track you case on CEAC website by putting NVC case number which I believe you have at this point. You get that number by calling NVC or also they email your petitioner. On CEAC it will show status of your case and when it says “Ready” then you need to submit DS-160 and next step is making an account on Ustraveldocs for interview appointment. 
then you need medical appointment after getting an interview date. (You need to check for your approved medical center whether they accept the vaccine you have received if not better get The approved vaccine first)
For K1 no document gets uploaded. So you have to take every document with you. You MUST take I-134 Affidavit of support with you during for interview or they won’t approve the visa and refuse it. Also, make sure you take petitioners tax returns or tax tax transcripts. I took both and they ended up taking tax transcripts.

yes, my visa got approved on 12th October and I got my visa on hand just yesterday 

Many thanks and I am glad your long journey on this is over. Now I am hoping that my fiance can make it here soon 🙏 

On 10/24/2021 at 11:16 AM, mitzab said:

Many thanks and I am glad your long journey on this is over. Now I am hoping that my fiance can make it here soon 🙏 

Thank you 😊 
your fiancé will make it too. Make sure your relationship is well documented.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Arsalan111 said:

Thank you 😊 
your fiancé will make it too. Make sure your relationship is well documented.

Yes brother if we document it anymore we will have enough material for a documentary series 😅

Hey my visa catagory k1 & my interview appointment September 16 slamabad Pakistan. Before interview I submit form i-134 W2 Tex return evidence last 3 year. Bank statement $25500. Then my interview start CO question about my fiance I reply answer. Then CO give me 221G pepper and he say you need to joint sponsor form i864 & IRS Tex individual get-transcipt. After interview my status showing Refused..i submit that decoment October 10.2021 .then I checked my NVC stuats October 15 my last date update at NVc Case.  Then 18 October then October 27 update my last update date. So that means someone work on it my case and review documents ??you have idea how many days required for review documents  ??? my passport hold on embassy after interview..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.