mitzab

K1 visa pakistan only

97 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, mitzab said:

No issues

Let me know if any other qs

2 hours ago, rooji said:

Just a piece of advice. Attorneys are often not helpful. they will miss something or the other. Very rare attorneys will help you all the way. This forum is very helpful when it comes to helping each other out. I have asked for help. Right now all you need to do is fill out the ds-160 form and then the next step will come. Ask if you need help. anyone of us can help.

Thanks rooji. I will definitely ask if I get stuck. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We have been trying to schedule the medical exam in Lahore with Wilcare… it’s been about 3 days trying to do so. Does it typically take so long?

They asked for copies of many of the forms even though they have an online appointment booking.

Anyone have any experience with this? 

thanks!

Timeline

Try the aziz medical center in Islamabad if lahore is giving you a hard time

Edited by mitzab
  • Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

11 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

We have been trying to schedule the medical exam in Lahore with Wilcare… it’s been about 3 days trying to do so. Does it typically take so long?

They asked for copies of many of the forms even though they have an online appointment booking.

Anyone have any experience with this? 

thanks!

Yes they ask for 3 main documents

K1-FTP

Appointment letter

and ds-160 confirmation page. You need all three in order for them to confirm your medical appointment. If you have vaccine card, then take that as well.

Timeline

I am going to try to schedule both locations. We have sent documents to the Lahore location via email and completed the online booking with all the numbers multiple times. We have called multiple times, myself included, but they are still waiting for someone to confirm the documents in one of their departments. I am not confident they will actually confirm anything in time to have this exam and get the results to the embassy in time for the 16th.

Trying Aziz Medical Center now. It will be a 6hr trip for my beneficiary but starting to feel desperate over here.

3 hours ago, rooji said:

Yes they ask for 3 main documents

K1-FTP

Appointment letter

and ds-160 confirmation page. You need all three in order for them to confirm your medical appointment. If you have vaccine card, then take that as well.

14 hours ago, mitzab said:

Try the aziz medical center in Islamabad if lahore is giving you a hard time

Thanks for the confirmations!

2 hours ago, Patou & Kashou said:

I am going to try to schedule both locations. We have sent documents to the Lahore location via email and completed the online booking with all the numbers multiple times. We have called multiple times, myself included, but they are still waiting for someone to confirm the documents in one of their departments. I am not confident they will actually confirm anything in time to have this exam and get the results to the embassy in time for the 16th.

Trying Aziz Medical Center now. It will be a 6hr trip for my beneficiary but starting to feel desperate over here.

Thanks for the confirmations!

My cousin who is my brother's fiance contacted them via whatsapp and got it done within a day. It is also likely they may not have an availability. Which is why it is best to do the interview date after confirming with medical. For lahore at least 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, rooji said:

My cousin who is my brother's fiance contacted them via whatsapp and got it done within a day. It is also likely they may not have an availability. Which is why it is best to do the interview date after confirming with medical. For lahore at least 

It's a catch 22 because at least in Islamabad they won't give you an appointment till you have your interview date scheduled and printed copy of your interview confirmation 🤪

• March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)

Timeline

Anyone who recently had K1 interview in Islamabad embassy

- Any specific documents that they wanted (minus the items that they have already stated on their website)

- any tips on interview, any questions that you can remember. Especially the question that why are you not getting married in Pakistan and why in US, this question has been bugging me a lot

Any general advice, her interview is in a couple of weeks and I am more stressed as it had been a long long wait and I am just here on the sidelines waiting

Thanks in advance

Timeline
6 hours ago, mitzab said:

It's a catch 22 because at least in Islamabad they won't give you an appointment till you have your interview date scheduled and printed copy of your interview confirmation 🤪

Mitzab is right, there’s so much back and forth I could write a Yelp review… 2 star rating on this appointment scheduling process. The interview had to be scheduled first. 

Will try scheduling via what’sapp we thought that was risky at first… 

thanks 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Patou & Kashou said:

Mitzab is right, there’s so much back and forth I could write a Yelp review… 2 star rating on this appointment scheduling process. The interview had to be scheduled first. 

Will try scheduling via what’sapp we thought that was risky at first… 

thanks 

Whatsapp was built for Pakistan 🇵🇰  fear not 😁

15 hours ago, mitzab said:

Lahore asks to schedule interview first too but what I am saying is that find out when the medical dates are available and then set up interview. or do 2 weeks time, that is what my cousin did for hers. anyways whatsapp is best to reach lahore place. I hope something happened by now for you patou.

On 11/2/2021 at 12:18 PM, Sdm21 said:

Thank you so much Mitzab. I got the above information checked from embassy too now scheduling my interview via attorney. Thanks for your time and help.

Finally I have told my attorney to fill out my form DS 160. 

I have few questions:

How will I schedule my interview appointment?

I saw that US embassy Islamabad schedules interview appointment after 9 days. Is it true?

In how many day medical exam will be scheduled in Karachi?

Which documents required for medical exam?

Finally which documents are required at the time of interview?

Please respond. Thank you in advance.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Sdm21 said:

Finally I have told my attorney to fill out my form DS 160. 

I have few questions:

How will I schedule my interview appointment?

I saw that US embassy Islamabad schedules interview appointment after 9 days. Is it true?

In how many day medical exam will be scheduled in Karachi?

Which documents required for medical exam?

Finally which documents are required at the time of interview?

Please respond. Thank you in advance.

Can you kindly update your timeline here as well

It also helps people especially from Pakistan to have a better idea for dates

Once you/beneficiary have your DS160 submitted you will create an account on ustraveldocs and fill out all the information.

Before selecting the interview date of ustraveldocs it will ask you to print the visa fee page and take it to the local bank and pay the fees, that fee slip will then be updated in 24 hours on US travel doc and you will be able to select the interview dates

My beneficiary selected the dates and when she did that last month the whole November was pretty open.

As rooji mentioned above before selecting the interview date call the medical center to see which dates they have available and based on that select 2 weeks after the medical date

I don't know about medical exam in Karachi, I only know about Islamabad. But you can get their number from the Pakistan embassy website and call them to ask the availability.

Again keep a little cushion between medical and interview date.

You can read above on the documents that were required in Islamabad and also interview documents.

Hope this helps

5 minutes ago, mitzab said:

Can you kindly update your timeline here as well

It also helps people especially from Pakistan to have a better idea for dates

Once you/beneficiary have your DS160 submitted you will create an account on ustraveldocs and fill out all the information.

Before selecting the interview date of ustraveldocs it will ask you to print the visa fee page and take it to the local bank and pay the fees, that fee slip will then be updated in 24 hours on US travel doc and you will be able to select the interview dates

My beneficiary selected the dates and when she did that last month the whole November was pretty open.

As rooji mentioned above before selecting the interview date call the medical center to see which dates they have available and based on that select 2 weeks after the medical date

I don't know about medical exam in Karachi, I only know about Islamabad. But you can get their number from the Pakistan embassy website and call them to ask the availability.

Again keep a little cushion between medical and interview date.

You can read above on the documents that were required in Islamabad and also interview documents.

Hope this helps

Thanks again for the help.

2 hours ago, Sdm21 said:

Thanks again for the help.

another to add: ask the medical center how long it takes them to finish and send the reports to the embassy because in Lahore it takes 4 to 5 business days (which according to usa is only the weekdays from m-f and not saturday but in pakistan saturday is also working day). anyways my cousin told me that she called the lahore medical center and they confirmed her the available dates or if your medical center in karachi has online website, you can check from there and then schedule your appointment and do it right away in both places. The moment you select your interview date at the embassy, you should receive an email right away with the list of required documents to take to the interview. Then right away select your medical and if karachi is good, then they will get back to you right away (hopefully).

A lot of people I heard had a better time in Islamabad as opposed to lahore. I don't know anything about karachi.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.