assila

My husband has decided not to come

20 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, assila said:

Thank you all so much for your help. My husband and I did a lot of talking, and he's going to come with our sons to give it a try. If we can't do it, he has the option of returning, or even staying here so he can still see the boys when he wants. Also, I'm happy you helped me with the naturalization issue, I almost made a very big mistake, by thinking if I became a citizen it might help to hurry the process. Whew!

A really big THANK YOU for all your help!

I’m so glad to hear this. Best of luck with everything!

Btw, did I understand correctly that you have not yet filed for n400? Which FO are you at? (Some of them have very long processing times, and it may still make sense to file soon if they are already in line for interview.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
16 hours ago, aaron2020 said:

Not a guarantee that he would get a visitor visa.  

Nothing in life is guaranteed however @SusieQQQ is right. Formally relinquishing generally increases chances.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

I’m so glad to hear this. Best of luck with everything!

Btw, did I understand correctly that you have not yet filed for n400? Which FO are you at? (Some of them have very long processing times, and it may still make sense to file soon if they are already in line for interview.)

WOW You're full of great information! We have not yet filed the n400. My Dad was planning on helping me with that, but I told him to relax for awhile. We haven't really got any idea when we'll be getting an interview date - Philippines seems to be very far behind. We received another notice this past week:

"This notice is to inform you that your case for an immigrant visa is documentarily complete at the National Visa Center (NVC) and has been since 21-Oct-2020.  NVC has received all of the fees, forms and documents required prior to attending an immigrant visa interview. Your petition is awaiting an interview appointment. At this time, no further action is required.  We appreciate your patience."

We will be filing the n400 in Cleveland. So, you think it will be ok to send as soon as their visas are approved? THANK YOU!

Cleveland is currently taking 10-14 months to process N400 https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ ,so yes probably safe to send in even as soon as they have an interview date and medicals are done (just to ensure no delay from the medical) - just check the link above again before you file to see what the latest processing times are.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
22 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Cleveland is currently taking 10-14 months to process N400 https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/ ,so yes probably safe to send in even as soon as they have an interview date and medicals are done (just to ensure no delay from the medical) - just check the link above again before you file to see what the latest processing times are.

Oh my, my mother's only took, I think, 3 months. I wasn't expecting so long. I'll definitely get everything ready and keep the link to check for updates.

Thank you, again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.