26 posts in this topic

On 9/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, Mohammad khatib said:

I just did my cr1 visa interview today in Beirut lebanon and it went well the officer said that my visa is approved but then he remembered that there is one last thing to do before giving me the visa which is to process the DS-5535 which is a background check now i have heard that some people who were given this form waited for months on end and some heard 2 weeks later did anyone get this form and how long till you heard back from the embassy

hi man, I also did my interview in Beirut and they asked for DS5535 for my dad only we are family of 5 and its been 7 months with no update from the embassy, did you get your visa or you are still waiting? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
10 hours ago, Ghanem said:

hi man, I also did my interview in Beirut and they asked for DS5535 for my dad only we are family of 5 and its been 7 months with no update from the embassy, did you get your visa or you are still waiting? 

Hey man so i got my visa a month and a half later and since you been waiting for 7 months then i would definitely try to contact the embassy for an update or consult an immigration lawyer, there's is one called nathalie has an office near City Mall Dora 

On 12/6/2022 at 11:18 PM, Mohammad khatib said:

Hey man so i got my visa a month and a half later and since you been waiting for 7 months then i would definitely try to contact the embassy for an update or consult an immigration lawyer, there's is one called nathalie has an office near City Mall Dora 

congrats mate happy for you, I already contacted the embassy and they told me my case is undergoing internal processing and their is no time frame for this process, if you please can send me nathalie office number Thanks alot.

• 1 month later...
Timeline
On 12/11/2022 at 5:37 PM, Ghanem said:

congrats mate happy for you, I already contacted the embassy and they told me my case is undergoing internal processing and their is no time frame for this process, if you please can send me nathalie office number Thanks alot.

My husband got the same response from the Beirut embassy internal processing today. After we submitted all paper work. Have you heard anything back yet? 

Timeline
On 9/14/2021 at 4:59 PM, Mohammad khatib said:

I just did my cr1 visa interview today in Beirut lebanon and it went well the officer said that my visa is approved but then he remembered that there is one last thing to do before giving me the visa which is to process the DS-5535 which is a background check now i have heard that some people who were given this form waited for months on end and some heard 2 weeks later did anyone get this form and how long till you heard back from the embassy

Have you heard anything back yet. My. Husband had his interview also at the Beirut embassy and received ds5535. We just filed it out and sent it back 

19 hours ago, Janan said:

My husband got the same response from the Beirut embassy internal processing today. After we submitted all paper work. Have you heard anything back yet? 

Hello Unfortunately no, its been 8 months since I sent the DS-5535 to the embassy and still no updates. DS-5535 average time process is between 2 weeks and 8+months. Good luck to your husband.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Ghanem said:

Hello Unfortunately no, it’s been 8 months since I sent the DS-5535 to the embassy and still no updates. DS-5535 average time process is between 2 weeks and 8+months. Good luck to your husband.

Thank you. You could hire a lawyer to Writ of Mandamus it’s a court order where they have to give you an answer in 60 days. Only thing I believe it’s costly 

• 9 months later...
On 10/10/2021 at 2:14 PM, Mohammad khatib said:

i went to my cr1 visa interview in sep 13 2021 and i got my approval but the officer gave me a 221g to fill the DS 5535 form, told me they want to process this form before giving me the visa, so did anyone here get the same form and how long did you have to wait till being issued a visa, my ceac case status says refused and case last updated in 17 sep

Hi just wanted to know when can you find the DS-5535. Because on the paper that they give me, they told me to email the embassy and I requested Farm and they have to send it to me by email the embassy in Lebanon and I waited like five days no one send it to me. Did you know where did you get the form because online I see the form but different countries on it or no expiration date. I just wanna double check how long will take to receive the form from the embassy itself. Thinks 

Hi just wanted to know when can you find the DS-5535. Because on the paper that they give me, they told me to email the embassy and I requested Farm and they have to send it to me by email the embassy in Lebanon and I waited like five days no one send it to me. Did you know where did you get the form because online I see the form but different countries on it or no expiration date. I just wanna double check how long will take to receive the form from the embassy itself. Thinks 

• 2 months later...
Timeline
On 12/6/2022 at 5:45 AM, Ghanem said:

Hello,

i have a question. I’m a U.S. citizen and my my husband was interviewed  around 40 days ago in the U.S. embassy Lebanon for CR-1 visa. Everything went well but he was asked  to fill out the form DS 5535 which he already did fill out and sent by email (5 weeks almost). My question is do you have any idea how long would it take to proceed with this form and issue him the visa? I’ve been trying to contact the embassy but we haven’t heard anything back even an auto reply when we sent the form.. Not sure if a call would be better. Any recommendations?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.