JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, misahk said:

Is yours from Tokyo embassy? Either way, I will continue to check throughout this week! I emailed the Embassy and they told me to wait at least 3 weeks... I am already done with DS-160 and have scheduled an interview in late December so hopefully I receive the instruction by then. 

Yes it is from Tokyo, it will get there sooner for sure! You can schedule your medical if you already have your Ds160 conf number  I think but you have to wait for the packet because there will be a page there that you will have to give a copy of to the clinic(one that contains your NVC number), and they will also ask for a copy at the police headquarters. It took 2 weeks for the police certificate to be released amd less than a week for the medical results to be mailed to me.

5 hours ago, alexmamone said:

Yes it is from Tokyo, it will get there sooner for sure! You can schedule your medical if you already have your Ds160 conf number  I think but you have to wait for the packet because there will be a page there that you will have to give a copy of to the clinic(one that contains your NVC number), and they will also ask for a copy at the police headquarters. It took 2 weeks for the police certificate to be released amd less than a week for the medical results to be mailed to me.

Thank you for all the info. I actually have the medical appointment tomorrow. Since they only asked for the document with my case number on it, I was going to print the e-mail from NVC and bring it with me. Since the clinic I am going has already closed for today, I asked a different clinic that does medical checks for visas and they said the document doesn't need to be from embassy (the email copy works)... guess I'll see tomorrow lol My clinic didn't ask for the police certificate either!

14 minutes ago, misahk said:

Thank you for all the info. I actually have the medical appointment tomorrow. Since they only asked for the document with my case number on it, I was going to print the e-mail from NVC and bring it with me. Since the clinic I am going has already closed for today, I asked a different clinic that does medical checks for visas and they said the document doesn't need to be from embassy (the email copy works)... guess I'll see tomorrow lol My clinic didn't ask for the police certificate either!

Oh that's good to hear that they don't need theactual paper from the packet. About the police certificate, I meant that when you request the police certificate they will need the letter from the embassy to process the request (at least that's what the prefectural headquarters that I went to asked for) :)

Good luck on the medical tomorrow!

3 hours ago, alexmamone said:

Oh that's good to hear that they don't need theactual paper from the packet. About the police certificate, I meant that when you request the police certificate they will need the letter from the embassy to process the request (at least that's what the prefectural headquarters that I went to asked for) :)

Good luck on the medical tomorrow!

Ya, I am not sure yet but hopefully I don't need it! In my prefecture, I was able to get the police certificate without the document from embassy. Just the copy of email from NVC worked fine!

11 minutes ago, misahk said:

Ya, I am not sure yet but hopefully I don't need it! In my prefecture, I was able to get the police certificate without the document from embassy. Just the copy of email from NVC worked fine!

That's nice! Good luck on the medical and the interview! My interview is later this month as well. Good luck to us!

On 12/2/2021 at 6:37 PM, alexmamone said:

That's nice! Good luck on the medical and the interview! My interview is later this month as well. Good luck to us!

The medical check didn't require any documents from the embassy. The copy of the email from NVC worked just fine. Also I received the instruction from the embassy when I got home. It took 1 week  just like you told me :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 11/30/2021 at 8:30 PM, misahk said:

I might be just impatient but has anyone received instructions from the embassy by email or mail already after the status became ready? Our case has shipped last week (11/23) and when I checked on Saturday (11/27), the status was ready. I have been waiting for the instruction since then (only 3 days tho) but haven't heard anything...

I'm in the same boat.  Mine shipped the same day.  DHL shows delivery on 11/26, but the last update date is 11/24.  So I know it's been there a whole week as of today (12/3), and no update yet.

8 hours ago, Caboose29 said:
8 hours ago, Caboose29 said:

I'm in the same boat.  Mine shipped the same day.  DHL shows delivery on 11/26, but the last update date is 11/24.  So I know it's been there a whole week as of today (12/3), and no update yet.

It could depend on the embassy. Looks like Tokyo embassy takes a week as of now. I think 1 week is pretty quick too. Maybe you can check timelines of people with the similar timeline in your area?? I’m pretty sure you’re close tho!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Anybody else waiting for the instruction letter?

Since the end of November I haven’t heard anything lol. Guess it’s normal to receive a letter, filled out my DS160 and paid already. All it says is that my case is in review before I can schedule anything lol

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
22 hours ago, thekevkev said:

Since the end of November I haven’t heard anything lol. Guess it’s normal to receive a letter, filled out my DS160 and paid already. All it says is that my case is in review before I can schedule anything lol

Yes, although we are waiting on the instructions (email/snail mail), we've already scheduled the interview.  I realize this is "out of order", but we're confident that the embassy will have the IMBRA check completed, and sent instructions by then.  One thing I don't quite understand is if the petition was physically delivered on 11/26, why would it show a ready date of 11/24?  Obviously if there is no update before her interview date, we'll need to reschedule, but we still have a few weeks left to wait.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 12/4/2021 at 1:50 PM, thekevkev said:

I was just about to ask the same thing. Our NOA2 is October 1st in the letter but October 4th online. It's been two months, we still haven't heard anything - no letter, no e-mail. 😕

K1 Process (536 Days)

• 01/28/2021: I129F Packet Sent - 07/20/2022: Visa On Hand

• 08/12/2022: POE - Dulles

• 09/20/2022: Marriage

AOS (Pending)  EAD & AP (88 Days):

• 09/30/2022: AOS, EAD, AP Packet Sent
  • 01/09/2023: Combo Card on Hand (Expedited)

Complete timeline can be checked on my profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 hours ago, Zoozoo said:

Does USCIS forward the entire package to NVC and then NVC forward the original k1 package to embassy? 

So I was wondering the same thing.  I noticed when I received the email (and forwarded it to her) that it only had the I-129F petition.  No supporting (pictures, etc) that I could tell.  Also, they forgot a page (i guess they were not concerned about it) of my past states I lived in.  For me, all that matters is that stamp and writing at the top of page one :).  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/5/2021 at 6:53 PM, Caboose29 said:

Yes, although we are waiting on the instructions (email/snail mail), we've already scheduled the interview.  I realize this is "out of order", but we're confident that the embassy will have the IMBRA check completed, and sent instructions by then.  One thing I don't quite understand is if the petition was physically delivered on 11/26, why would it show a ready date of 11/24?  Obviously if there is no update before her interview date, we'll need to reschedule, but we still have a few weeks left to wait.

Kind of weird, but interesting how every embassy handles it different. I received the instructions letter but the US embassy in Germany allows to schedule an interview once I delivered all documents. Kind of funny.

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Finally got the "In Transit" email from NVC. Positive signs!

As per the DHL website, it will reach Muscat, Oman in a week. So, I was wondering if I should have my fiancé courier me I134 and other documents soon. Is there an expiry date for the I134 and the bank statement?
Let's say the I134 is dated 12.14.2021 but my interview is the 12.25.2021? Would the date be an issue?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.