JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 11/24/2021 at 11:50 AM, Keithn85 said:

Worked on the DS-160 with her before work earlier.  That was fun.  I think there might be one part where I was confused a bit, but it was at the point where it said "is there anyone traveling with you" and I had her put her son for it.  But i also know she will fill out another DS-160 for him.  I figured that at least sets the stage for his DS-160 and won't really hurt to have it in there.  It was fun to have her go through all the security questions though (it was easy but explaining what the security question meant as in some of the paramilitary and other questions alike) but we made it.  We should be able to submit it before the end of the week and then get the receipt for the bank payment.  This way like @Caboose29 mentioned, we can start checking the interview slots for when we get the green light.

Hey Keith i myself just finished the ds-160, i dont really know where to go from here as it doesnt allow me to check for slots yet. On the visa appointment service it says "this case isnt ready to be scheduled for an interview yet" Not sure if we have to submit all documents such as Police certificate, affadavit of support and everything else before we can do that or if we have to wait until the status on Ceac changes, because as of today its still on "at NVC". So dont know what to do if i should call NVC or what

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
17 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Alright you both are all set.  You should receive an email the morning of the Tuesday/wednesday when the embassy requests your case #.  That is pretty much all you will receive until the embassy starts emailing.  You can check the case # for your embassy on the ceac site every other week but if they said there was a backlog, I would say maybe next shipping week but probably closer to the 13 DEC/14 DEC or sometime in January.  Again, this is not knowing how long the backlog actually is.  I am going to check previous cases that people have posted on here to see if we can get some light shed on your embassy.

The no space between 1 and A worked!! Thank you. I saw there are a few packages. 

and thank you you’re being great help. I’ve researched about the backlog for Muscat, Oman quite a lot but haven’t found anything. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Just wanted to update that it seems like at least some embassies are working today! We got an email from our embassy this morning with the instructions for next step. I think this is the ‘packet 3’. It sure can seem to go much more quickly from this stage!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My application was delivered to the embassy in Warsaw today.  The status in ceac has already changed to "Ready".  Her December interview is looking more promising!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rman616 said:

Hey Keith i myself just finished the ds-160, i dont really know where to go from here as it doesnt allow me to check for slots yet. On the visa appointment service it says "this case isnt ready to be scheduled for an interview yet" Not sure if we have to submit all documents such as Police certificate, affadavit of support and everything else before we can do that or if we have to wait until the status on Ceac changes, because as of today its still on "at NVC". So dont know what to do if i should call NVC or what

Yeah basically if you know your case will be leaving soon, once it changes to in transit and then to ready, you should be able to have the beneficiary pay the MRV fee at the local bank stated on the ustraveldocs website under the specific country.  Then that will be used to schedule.  I think for Ecuador, you schedule your own so yeah it will just be waiting for Ecuador to request your case #.  I do not remember the backlog offhand.

So i have a question. Should i start with the DS160 even tho they still dont send any email to me. Because i check today the status in the ceac with my case number and invoice and still appear this: 

DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

Or it just appear like this to everybody when they still dont have any change status in the case. I just check the DHL but there is nothing send it to Mexico!

I just wanna be sure im doing the correct steps and dont be missing something that make it longer.

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

So i have a question. Should i start with the DS160 even tho they still dont send any email to me. Because i check today the status in the ceac with my case number and invoice and still appear this: 

DS-160 must be filled out in order for a consular section to process the case.

Or it just appear like this to everybody when they still dont have any change status in the case. I just check the DHL but there is nothing send it to Mexico!

I just wanna be sure im doing the correct steps and dont be missing something that make it longer.

Can you screenshot the entire status window but white out anything that shows your case number or name?  I just want to see what it says specifically.

25 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Can you screenshot the entire status window but white out anything that shows your case number or name?  I just want to see what it says specifically.

Sin título.png

Sin título2.png

Timeline
4 hours ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

Sin título.png

Sin título2.png

Oh yeah that is what mine said (the ceac screenshot) before mine was requested from the embassy.  Once I received the email from NVC that said mine was requested, it changed to in transit and then ready the next day (for the electronic receipt).  Then I was able to track the package via DHL and it arrived to the embassy in Ukraine today actually.  I'll give more info on your embassy and check the history on this once i get out of work mode.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Keithn85 said:

Oh yeah that is what mine said (the ceac screenshot) before mine was requested from the embassy.  Once I received the email from NVC that said mine was requested, it changed to in transit and then ready the next day (for the electronic receipt).  Then I was able to track the package via DHL and it arrived to the embassy in Ukraine today actually.  I'll give more info on your embassy and check the history on this once i get out of work mode.

@Bittersweetlovee I tried to do some background research and the few I saw were maybe a few months after NVC received.  Also, K1s are being processed at the Mexico City Embassy.  This is what I read from the Juarez embassy website for the K1 part.  But as far as timelines, see if you can get an idea from posting in the Mexico/south america regional forum.  I noticed most were from the IR1/CR1 people but you might be able to get an idea from people.

11 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

@Bittersweetlovee I tried to do some background research and the few I saw were maybe a few months after NVC received.  Also, K1s are being processed at the Mexico City Embassy.  This is what I read from the Juarez embassy website for the K1 part.  But as far as timelines, see if you can get an idea from posting in the Mexico/south america regional forum.  I noticed most were from the IR1/CR1 people but you might be able to get an idea from people.

Yeah it looks like they are moving the cases to mexico city. But I will check in that forum! 

thank you for the research i appreciate it.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abhik30 said:

Is it worth sending an e request to NVC if the case hasn’t moved? 
i read somewhere we should do it if the case has spent 3 weeks or more on “At NVC” 

Unfortunately, NVC waits for the Embassy to request the case #.  NVC will just say that the embassy has not requested it.  Maybe email the embassy and see what they say about their status?  And check next week on the status of your case # to see if it ships Tuesday/Wednesday as that is the next week for shipping (7th/8th).  Remember, the embassy wants your case # but they just do not have the means to request it yet (maybe a backlog that keeps them from requesting it).  Imagine you are at a desk and you have paperwork that stacks high, you dont want someone putting a box on top of that, right?  The pile might fall and all those papers are lost.  Think of the embassy right now as toppling because they are working through the backlog.  Stay positive though because they want your case # :) 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Keithn85 said:

Unfortunately, NVC waits for the Embassy to request the case #.  NVC will just say that the embassy has not requested it.  Maybe email the embassy and see what they say about their status?  And check next week on the status of your case # to see if it ships Tuesday/Wednesday as that is the next week for shipping (7th/8th).  Remember, the embassy wants your case # but they just do not have the means to request it yet (maybe a backlog that keeps them from requesting it).  Imagine you are at a desk and you have paperwork that stacks high, you dont want someone putting a box on top of that, right?  The pile might fall and all those papers are lost.  Think of the embassy right now as toppling because they are working through the backlog.  Stay positive though because they want your case # :) 

I sent my embassy (Muscat,Oman) my case number but they just said they have a backlog. They didn’t mention the volume or by when I should expect it to move. 

i am unable to find any proper info on the embassy backlog too. 

Thankful for the case number, so I guess our option is just to wait…

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.