Pinaylang

Need help. First time will file for the K1-visa

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please help. I'm trying to petition my fiancee in the Philippines. I want to make sure I got all the right document before I send off my paperworks. Please let me know if I am missing anything. Thank you

*application fee $170

*from I-129F

*evidence of my US citizenship

*form G-325a and photograph for both me and my fiancee

*form fc-029 for both me and my fiance

*proof of having met in person within the last 2 years

*letters of intent to marry both me and my fiancee

*2 or 5 photos together? how many emails should I include?

Am I missing anything else ?

Hello Everyone. Finally go reunited with my fiance and now husband. We are soo happy.... After 2 years since we filed 7/28/07 we received our visa on August 4, 2009... don't give up. if you know USEM is wrong fight for it... We did...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Please help. I'm trying to petition my fiancee in the Philippines. I want to make sure I got all the right document before I send off my paperworks. Please let me know if I am missing anything. Thank you

*application fee $170

*from I-129F

looks fine but dont forget:

- Cover Letter

- proof of termenation of any previous marriage for you or your fiancee (IF ANY)

- Proof of ongoing relationship (optional but recomended ) this can be ( phone records , emails, letters, chat logs ) , we sent 2 letters and 6 emails and 10 photos for us together and with family and screen shot from yahoo messanger archive includes our IM dates.

Good Luck :)

Edited by A&A

AOS

Sent..... 7/18/2008

NOA1.....7/28/2008

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

*application fee $170

*from I-129F

Please see..............

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...p;page=examples

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1guide

Both links above will give you all the info you need.

Good Luck

*application fee $170

*from I-129F

The G325a is a form that comes must be completed in quadruplicate. One set has to be filled out by the USC (4 pages all bearing an original signatures) and the other by the beneficiary fiancee (again 4 pages w/ original signatures).

Not sure why you would include e-mails....unless they go towards proving the "having met w/in the last 2 years." That is what the petition asks you to prove at this point. Some people do include evidence of an "ongoing" relationship, but it is NOT necessary at this stage of things.

Good luck,

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Some include emails to prove their ongoing relationship, although such proof isn't needed until the interview. I don't suppose it will hurt anything to send them now as long as their proof of having met within two years of filing satisfies the CO.

Glad you mentioned the 4 page thing...that can be confusing if you don't look at it close enough.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

FC-029?

first mention I've seen of that... haven't sent one to my fiance, and he was going to submit this week :s

how necessary is it? (yes, I know what it is - had a little Google)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I've read so much in the past few months that its difficult to separate statements of opinion from those of hard facts. But I did read somewhere that the FC-029 is optional, and you can just include the same statement about unaltered copies of originals in the cover letter, and avoid the FC-029. I both filed one and included it in my cover letter as sort of a belt/suspenders method. In any case, I believe only the petitioner would need to sign the form, as the beneficiery really isn't submitting anything directly in the I-129F petition. The form itself isn't listed on the USCIS web-site under immigration forms, and it apparently hasn't been updated since 1998. These lead me to believe that making the certifying statement in the cover letter would suffice. Good luck.

07-09-07 - Sent I-129F package via express mail to VSC

07-11-07 - USPS Express mail delivery confirmed at VSC

07-12-07 - Date of NOA1 (per case status search on USCIS web site)

07-13-07 - Date check cashed by USCIS for 129-F filing fee

07-16-07 - Date check posted to my bank

07-17-07 - Date check actually cleared my bank account online (& check image and case #visible)

11-27-07 - E-mail notice of NOA2, mailed to me on 11/27/07

12-03-07 - Notice of NVC receipt, assignment of MNL case number

01-03-08 - Packet (3/4?) info received from USE

02-01-08 - Medical Completed at St. Luke's

02-08-08 - Embassy Interview Appointment (APPROVED!!!)

02-17-08 - Visa received!!

02-25-08 - Jovy & Dan together for good

03-05-08 - Leaving MNL for Newark, NJ our POE and close to home.

04-26-08 - Civil service, officially married!!

06-14-08 - Private ceremony & reception (the big party)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

*application fee $170

*from I-129F

G-325a in quadruplicate all with original signatures?

If you want reliable feedback, be specific about anything you're referring to as "proof". It's really "evidence" but people disagree about what is sufficient.

Is "fc-029" something PI specific?

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Is "fc-029" something PI specific?

http://www.***removed***/forms/fc029fill.pdf

Old Form

Duh! I would just include the language as the last paragraph of a cover letter.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

thank you, you are all wonderful :D

I wasn't TOO concerned, as it wasn't listed in the I-129F checklist here (which is exhaustive in all ways), but you know how it is; you double check, you triple check, you read VJ, you read the VJ forums, you send links for pertinent threads to your fiance, you check again, you think you're hot to trot but then someone posts something you've never heard of before and you get a trifle fluttery ;)

061017001as.thumb.jpg

The Very Secret Diary of Legolas Son of Weenus - by Cassandra Claire

Day One: Went to Council of Elrond. Was prettiest person there. Agreed to follow some tiny little man to Mordor to throw ring into volcano. Very important mission - gold ring so tacky.

Day Six: Far too dark in Mines of Moria to brush hair properly. Am very afraid I am developing a tangle.

Orcs so silly.

Still the prettiest.

Day 35: Boromir dead. Very messy death, most unnecessary. Did get kissed by Aragorn as he expired. Does a guy have to get shot full of arrows around here to get any action? Boromir definitely not prettier than me. Cannot understand it. Am feeling a pout coming on.

Frodo off to Mordor with Sam. Tiny little men caring about each other, rather cute really.

Am quite sure Gimli fancies me. So unfair. He is waist height, so can see advantages there, but chunky braids and big helmet most off-putting. Foresee dark times ahead, very dark times.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.