RTam

Interview Scheduling - Black Hole

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi, Brand new to this site so please forgive in advance for my clumsiness and stark honesty.....After 12 months, finally at the stage where we (my future hubby and I) can finally be together, INCHALLAH!  But OMG. I do NOT understand the Casablanca Consulate At ALL! We got the USCIS I-129F approval, went through NVC and docs were forwarded to Casablanca, we were instructed to go to the consulate website. We went through the whole process of signing up for the USTravelDocs website, filled out the DS-160, paid the interview fee at Banque Populaire, got the receipt number, filled in the receipt number back on the website to finally get us to the interview scheduling page and WHAM!! Full stop. Message on the screen is "There are currently no appointments available."  And no other info. No instructions to keep trying. No instructions saying we are on a waitlist. Nothing! Then when I try to call the consulate to get more info, the front office message says Press 1 for English or 0 for Operator etc  - it doesn't work - I try pressing the buttons, call 4 times - and I get disconnected. So I don't give up, I call the Embassy in Rabat, tell them I can't get through to the Consulate in Casa, and they seem to know the problem and without saying anything, just connect me to American Citizen Services person in Casa. But I tell her I have a K1 Visa interview scheduling question and she says she knows nothing about that - call the Visa Processing Center in Cairo, Egypt - gives me the number. I call and on hold for 2 hours, no answer. So my fiance and I try to send emails. No answer. #######? Is anyone else hitting a wall to schedule the interview????? Are there any insider tricks??? Do I have to bribe someone (it is Morocco after all)??? hahahahah ( please don't take offense)  Any help would be GREATLY appreciated?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What is your current case status? It's very typical for it to take Casablanca 1-2 months from when the status first appears as "Ready" to send out the K-1 interview date. You don't set it up yourself, they will email you a packet with details and an interview date and time. If it's been awhile, you can also try emailing K1Casablanca@state.gov to try to speed things up. Hope you get an interview date soon!

If you are going through the visa process and will be interviewing in Casablanca, Morocco, join us over at the

US-Morocco Visa Discussion Facebook Group! :) 

K1 Visa Process                                                                                                   

Spoiler

December 19, 2016: NOA1 receive date 

May 5, 2017: NOA2 hardcopy (still listed as 'received' online...)

May 23, 2017: NVC case number assigned

July 10, 2017: Interview
July 14, 2017: Visa in hand
July 27, 2017: POE at ORD

August 5, 2017: Married!

AOS Process    

Spoiler

AOS Process  

September 8, 2017 : Mailed AOS Packet

September 16, 2017 : NOA1 text/emails (receive date Sept. 12)

October 2, 2017 : Biometrics Appointment

October 13, 2017 : RFIE letter received in mail (they want an English translated Birth Certificate, which we included in the original petition...)

January 24, 2018: EAD/AP Combo Card in hand

August 9, 2018: AOS Interview (Approved)

August 9, 2018: "Card in Production"

August 16, 2018: Green card in hand

May 2020: ROC!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
15 hours ago, RJandHamid said:

What is your current case status? It's very typical for it to take Casablanca 1-2 months from when the status first appears as "Ready" to send out the K-1 interview date. You don't set it up yourself, they will email you a packet with details and an interview date and time. If it's been awhile, you can also try emailing K1Casablanca@state.gov to try to speed things up. Hope you get an interview date soon!

Thank you for the reply!! I’m not sure how to say “current status”. We are approved by USCIS and NVC. Our case was sent to Casablanca 30 Aug 2021.  Where do we look for status? And if it is “ready”?. We were simply told in an email to our immigration lawyer from the NVC, to contact the consulate. Which we tried and with no success, followed the steps on the “US travel docs” website which NEVER said we are supposed to wait to hear from the consulate BEFORE we fill out the DS160 and pay the fee and attempt to schedule an interview. How do you know what you know? When did you complete the k1 process? It kind of makes sense to wait to hear FROM the consulate since we had to wait to hear FROM USCIS and NVC, but sadly we never got that kind of instruction. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

leave it on immigrant 

and put in your case #

You have not recd the email with instructions for the medical exam,  list of drs ,   and the 2 criminal reports that will be needed ?n 

BTW Rabat has no information whats so ever about visas and appointments /  they are solely done by Casa

and PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do a timeline

Edited by JeanneAdil

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

• 3 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Funny, your story could have been written by me......except my future wife is in Vietnam. 

We have had the exact same issues for months trying to schedule an appointment in Ho Chi Minh City Vietnam for her K1 visa. You do everything like you are asked to do, pay all the fees and submit every document known to man.........then you are stopped dead in your tracks when you try and schedule an interview.

Oh.......and you are only allowed to login (3) times each day to check and see if there is an open interview schedule to book a date, login more than that and they will lock you out for a few days. They are nice enough to NOT tell you this upfront by the way, you have to figure it out on your own like with most of the rest. 

Yep.......our lovely government isn't so good at providing instructions, unless they want more money and then you will easily be able to do that.

One shouldn't have to wait months just to schedule an interview date.........it's sad, very sad.

You have a better chance of winning the lottery then you do setting up an interview date..........at least in Vietnam anyway. 

I think that they would love it if people would just give up and go away, they already have your money and they really don't care what happens to you.

Good luck with your visa journey!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.