top_secret

They made it through Saint Luke's.

12 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
7 hours ago, top_secret said:

So we are in the home stretch now.  Wife and stepdaughter just successfully made it through Saint Luke's relatively unscathed.  Well, my wife survived her round of Russian roulette with Saint Luke's x-ray machine.  The odds are similar.  ~15% of Filipinos loose to that x-ray machine, and 16.66% of folks would loose a round of Russian roulette.   Daughter got SIX shots plus a blood draw.  Two shots in each arm and one shot in each leg.  Poor girl, I don't think she knows there will be another round of shots in a few months in the US.  The wife only got 4 shots.

Saint Luke's was the last major hurdle.  The interview is October 5 and we feel prepared for that.  Since we just only filed the I-130's March 8 of this year it's looking like just under 7 months total from start to finish.

Did you ever resubmitted docs to nvc? Or were you right away DQed by the time your filing date was reviewed? 

Edited by immigratingmama

3 hours ago, immigratingmama said:

Did you ever resubmitted docs to nvc? Or were you right away DQed by the time your filing date was reviewed? 

We lost 2 whole months in NVC because I had to resubmit our marriage certificate separately for my stepdaughters case.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Wow thats great.  Congrats.  Kind of the last major hurdle with the x-ray machine.  Everything else should be smooth sailing.

7 months is extremely fast.  I am sure you are not regretting that decision to do the CR1.  You would still be at NVC if you had done the K1.  Also, shows the applicants who decided to bring a lawsuit, switching to the CR1 was still faster.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulation! had my saintlukes medical exam too last week 16th at 7am and it took me only half a day to complete the entire procedure. The lady radiographer who took my xray so kind and friendly she even tied up my long hair perfectly. At around 1 pm the lady nurse at the counter called my name and asked me some questions and then she handed me the brown sealed envelop, CD and the immunization record form and by the way, this is my second medical exam the first one done last October 2020 but got  expired so need to redo. I got 2 shots this time.

On 9/22/2021 at 2:23 AM, top_secret said:

So we are in the home stretch now.  Wife and stepdaughter just successfully made it through Saint Luke's relatively unscathed.  Well, my wife survived her round of Russian roulette with Saint Luke's x-ray machine.  The odds are similar.  ~15% of Filipinos loose to that x-ray machine, and 16.66% of folks would loose a round of Russian roulette.   Daughter got SIX shots plus a blood draw.  Two shots in each arm and one shot in each leg.  Poor girl, I don't think she knows there will be another round of shots in a few months in the US.  The wife only got 4 shots.

Saint Luke's was the last major hurdle.  The interview is October 5 and we feel prepared for that.  Since we just only filed the I-130's March 8 of this year it's looking like just under 7 months total from start to finish.

Once approved and visa in hand, do you plan on them flying out of Philippines in a short period?

4 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Once approved and visa in hand, do you plan on them flying out of Philippines in a short period?

Until now we have been more focused on the getting the visas part, than the actually moving part.  We haven't really planned the move and there are important details to be worked out like the child’s school, property in the Philippines and stuff like that.  We are also definitely not taking anything for granted until we actually have visas in hand.  I’m kind of thinking it may work best for them to come here immediately for just like 3 or 4 weeks temporary visit to "activate" their green cards, SS#'s and have a look around.  Then return to the Philippines to wrap up all the loose ends there and the holidays through the end of the year.  Then come back permanently right after the first in 2022. But that is not a highly developed plan.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.

20 hours ago, BJ&V said:

Congratulation! had my saintlukes medical exam too last week 16th at 7am and it took me only half a day to complete the entire procedure. The lady radiographer who took my xray so kind and friendly she even tied up my long hair perfectly. At around 1 pm the lady nurse at the counter called my name and asked me some questions and then she handed me the brown sealed envelop, CD and the immunization record form and by the way, this is my second medical exam the first one done last October 2020 but got  expired so need to redo. I got 2 shots this time.

Congratulations to you as well!!  I hope that means your case is back on track because I know it has been especially frustrating for those waiting on K-1 interviews.  I had seen allot of people recently mention finishing Saint Luke's in a single day and we were kind of hoping that was a new thing due to social distancing or whatever but no such luck for us on that.   It was still 2 days.   I think because the child gets IGRA test instead of the x-ray, the results for that take 24 hours. 

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.