Natalia & Igor

N-400 October 2021 Filers

309 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,  had my Oath Ceremony today. My husband and daughter were with me, but no phones were allowed in the building , only regular cameras. there were about 50 people at the same time,  everything took about 40 mins. 

Wish all who is still on this journey and who finished with it good luck and happiness in your lives guys!!!❤️

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Mahsamina said:

Hello everyone, finally after 10 months I have received and interview letter today, I was so happy until I found out that they have scheduled only me not my husband! Does anyone have an Idea why?

just not his turn, every case is different. they dont do couples.

From Queens, NY

Online application on 10/15/2021

We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time on 10/15/21

We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice on 10/15/2021

Interview Was Scheduled on 7/15/2022 for 8/25/2022

I'm getting close...really happy to get the notice that my interview was scheduled!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Montenegro
Timeline

Hi all! I had my interview on June 11 and was approved in Mt. Laurel. Due to travel plans I told the officer that I couldn't take the oath that day and she was really accommodating and wrote down my return date so that she can get my oath ceremony scheduled accordingly. I haven't heard back since. When I log in to check my case status, the last thing I see is that my oath ceremony was canceled on June 13. What does this mean? I tried calling but it's impossible to get through to a real person. Any help would be appreciated!

I had my interview on Friday, 07/22/2022 and I passed. Arrived on time and was called in 5 minutes upon arrival. The officer was very friendly and nice. She started with the English reading and writing test, passed, and finally the civics test. I got the first 6 questions correct and then she moved on to the ‘have you ever’ questions. The 6 civics questions asked were:

1) who is the father of our country 

2) name the war fought between the north and the south in the 1800s 

3) how many representatives are there in the house

4) who is your representative now

5) name one state that borders mexico 

6) why does the flag have 13 stripes 

After the interview she handed me the approval paper and informed me to expect the oath ceremony paper in the mail. At the beginning of th interview she checked my application date and did make sure that I didn’t apply too early. Total interview time took about 15 minutes in total. 

Case updated online to, oath ceremony will be scheduled. 

Applied: 2/17/2022

Interview scheduled: 6/6/2022

Interview: 7/22/2022. 

Based on 5 years residency. 

Congratulations to us all! 

2 hours ago, jsean said:

I had my interview on Friday, 07/22/2022 and I passed. Arrived on time and was called in 5 minutes upon arrival. The officer was very friendly and nice. She started with the English reading and writing test, passed, and finally the civics test. I got the first 6 questions correct and then she moved on to the ‘have you ever’ questions. The 6 civics questions asked were:

1) who is the father of our country 

2) name the war fought between the north and the south in the 1800s 

3) how many representatives are there in the house

4) who is your representative now

5) name one state that borders mexico 

6) why does the flag have 13 stripes 

After the interview she handed me the approval paper and informed me to expect the oath ceremony paper in the mail. At the beginning of th interview she checked my application date and did make sure that I didn’t apply too early. Total interview time took about 15 minutes in total. 

Case updated online to, oath ceremony will be scheduled. 

Applied: 2/17/2022

Interview scheduled: 6/6/2022

Interview: 7/22/2022. 

Based on 5 years residency. 

Congratulations to us all! 

Congratulations!

On 7/8/2022 at 1:46 PM, jjoe123 said:

How long did it take you guys for status to change after interview was done?

Passed the interview earlier this week (got the congratulations letter), but status online is still "Interview was scheduled". Is this normal? 

About 4 hours

• 1 month later...
On 7/19/2022 at 9:01 PM, little immigrant said:

Filed 10/17 online, biometrics waived. Received Interview notice 7/18 for 8/23 

Husband's interview went well and he was recommended for approval. He's in line for oath. They asked the following questions 

1-Who is the father of the United States
2-What is the Capital of the United States
3-How many senators
4-When we send taxes
5-What was Benjamin Franklin famous for
6-What is the political party of the current president

Edited by little immigrant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.