Patrick_A

Today I sent E-mails to all of my Senators and Representatives

24 posts in this topic

Hi all, I have been in touch with one of my senators about my wifes AOS being stalled at the FBI. So today I went one step further and sent E-mails to our other Senator and 6 House of Representatives.

I also sent one to President Bush himself....LOL!

On 7-12-2007, It will be 3 years since we filed for AOS for my wife. I have run out of adjectives to describe my consternation with this whole damn process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick_A

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

Holy smokes. Three years is a long time. I know there are several people here with the same problem. I can't imagine the frustration.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

Filed: Other Timeline

I might suggest letters. You know, old fashioned snail mail. My Senator at least answered me with something less than a canned response, and even had a staffer look into my husband's case. It didn't do us much good other than confirm when the fingerprint check was done, but it was something. I don't think I would have gotten that action with e-mail.

I agree with rebeccajo - I had an issue early on, and contacted my senator with a snail mail, and got an immediate response.

Remove Conditions

08-19-2009: I-751 Sent to VSC

3 freaking years?!?! 3 FREAKING YEARS!!!??!?!

Ok.. I've had my own freak out about your wife's case. All I can say is that I truly hope those emails get you at least a little bit closer. All good thoughts and energy going out to you tonight.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline
3 freaking years?!?! 3 FREAKING YEARS!!!??!?!

I ditto that!!! Unbelievable. I'm not to that stage yet, so never heard of such a thing. I thought us waiting a year for NOA2 was bad. I'm so sorry....can't even imagine your frustration!!!!

Agree with everyone else on the snail mail. Even a phone call. When we were first contacting Congressmen/Senators, I emailed first as well. Got a response from 1...just 1 (and it was very generic, but a response just the same). Next came phone calls and that got me somewhere....and it happen to be the 1 Congressman that replied to my email that ended up helping us. He gets my vote come election time!!!

Aug. 2001 - met online playing trivia

May 2006 - engaged

06-12-06 - Met with lawyer, filed for a K-1 visa

07-17-06 - NOA1

10-31-06 - Touched

01-29-07 - Found out from USCIS that my lawyer had filed at the wrong service center and nothing has been processed.

02-08-07 - Found out that our petition had been closed back in Oct. 2006. No one was ever notified of this from USCIS

02-09-07 - Began gathering paperwork once again to start all over. Started cancelling our wedding plans

02-20-07 - Filed for a K-1 visa once again

02-27-07 - NOA1

04-21-07 - Originally planned wedding date (had to cancel) :(

05-22-07 - Touched

06-01-07 - Granted a Congressional Inquiry!

06-15-07 - NVC received our approved I-129F petition (I never received an NOA2 via email or snail mail). We are just so HAPPY to finally move on!

06-25-07 - Packet 3 received (but it was rec'd by our lawyer, she has forwarded it on to my fiance in Australia)

06-28-07 - Fiance rec'd Packet 3

06-30-07 - Finally rec'd NOA2 via snail mail. It is dated June 25, same day as Packet 3 was rec'd.

07-05-07 - Mailed back form letter DSL-1076 (Applicant's Statement of Readiness to be Interviewed).

07-05-07 - Just waiting now in hopes of an interview date before APEC

07-13-07 - Received Packet 4

07-30-07 - Interview!!!! - APPROVED!

09-01-07 - Fiance arrives in the USA!

10-06-07 - Getting Married

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Snail mail and FAX.

Maybe trying to get the Presidential candidates involved too, fax, email, snail mail there campaign HQ, they're always looking for something to help their candidacy. :wacko:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I feel your pain Patrick. Ours application was submitted in Oct. 2004. E-mail actually is a surprisingly good option. My local congressional liason actually prefers it and I have gotten responses from them.

t

Hi all, I have been in touch with one of my senators about my wifes AOS being stalled at the FBI. So today I went one step further and sent E-mails to our other Senator and 6 House of Representatives.

On 7-12-2007, It will be 3 years since we filed for AOS for my wife. I have run out of adjectives to describe my consternation with this whole damn process!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Patrick_A

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Patrick_A

HAve you contacted the Ombudsman?

http://www.dhs.gov/xabout/structure/editorial_0482.shtm

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Syria
Timeline

well patrick i hope u get more replys then i did. i got fed up about 2 months ago and did the same...wrote emails and letters to the white house...####### chenney and whoever else i wanted to tell off. well here i sit 2 months later and not a reply from anyone.

sent email to the congress man telling him he needs to find a new liason cuz shawn isnt doing his job. i get the same reply from him every time i call...ur not the only one waiting, theres nothing we can do. let me send u some info on name checks....blah blah blah. ok shawn, ur sounding like a broken record i want action.

ive contacted the senator only to be told immigration is not their problems i should call the congressman.

oh yeah after sending my email to the congressman all i got in return was...thank u for ur email, dont forget to visit my website and sign up for my news letter. u know one of those automated reponses they send everyone. they dont read the emails.

even sent the umbudsman a letter of our situation. still havent heard anything from them either.

basically its all a dead end. no one is willing to help.

even tried to make an appointment with the congressman himself since his staff doesnt seam to give a #######. haha...what a joke. no one gets an apt. to see him. u have to go thru his staff. they say...call shawn he takes care of that.

I am going to try writing a "Letter to my Editor" in our local newspaper, and see how that comes out.

Filed for I-485 AOS 7-12-04

File went to FBI for Name Check on 10-08-2004

AOS interview 2-16-2006

Told that AOS approved "Pending Name Check"

Refiled for EAD 12-12-2006

EAD approved 3-04-2007

I-131-AP filed 2-18-2007

I have written both Senators of my state with no luck.

I have written my district congressman with no luck.

They all say it is out of their hands.

I even wrote GW Bush a letter asking for help , but got no reply.

• 4 months later...
Filed: Timeline

I dont know what state you are from, but, both of our senators have a "services for texans" link on their website. One of the menu items is "help with gvt agency".

There is a release form that you have to sign and fax in to their local office, it allows them to contact agencies on your behalf. They also ask for a letter explaining your situation. I signed the form, typed up the letter, and faxed it in to their respective offices. Then, called the office. One of them had a caseworker assigned that day.

The trouble is, the first thing they do is an inquiry for the information, and they told me that the USCIS has 30 days to respond. After that, they can take additional action.

I noticed our representative has the same form on his website, but I wanted to try the senators first.

Good luck with your case

David and Nitadyah

Hi Patrick,

We are one of the old timers as well waiting since Oct of 2005.

We have done everything. Now the Senator tells us only to contact them once every six months because the FBI has restricted their inquiries since there is such a huge backlog.

I get the same "sorry" letter from both senator, congressman and ombudsman. I think writing to the ombudsman was totally useless after sending them an entire package, all we got back was a short form letter saying what we already knew in the beginning.

Wondering if anyone has ventured with the WOM and the cost of starting that. We will be on our fourth EAD come the beginning of next year. I cringe when I think of all this $ knowing that we are just wanting to get on with our lives.

Being Patient is getting tiring when you see ones just going through, it gets to the point of upsetting. If they contacted us right from the start and gave us some timeline maximum I would even feel better.

Hi Patrick,

We are one of the old timers as well waiting since Oct of 2005.

We have done everything. Now the Senator tells us only to contact them once every six months because the FBI has restricted their inquiries since there is such a huge backlog.

I get the same "sorry" letter from both senator, congressman and ombudsman. I think writing to the ombudsman was totally useless after sending them an entire package, all we got back was a short form letter saying what we already knew in the beginning.

Wondering if anyone has ventured with the WOM and the cost of starting that. We will be on our fourth EAD come the beginning of next year. I cringe when I think of all this $ knowing that we are just wanting to get on with our lives.

Being Patient is getting tiring when you see ones just going through, it gets to the point of upsetting. If they contacted us right from the start and gave us some timeline maximum I would even feel better.

Hi Sunnyisland,

I haven't thought about the WOM yet.

If I may ask, how was the contact you've had with the senators of your state? I'm getting impatient with the one I've contacted. This is a timetime of my contact with my senator's office:

09/25/07 - sent her office a fax asking them to do an inquiry

10/04/07 - spoke to her immigration liason because my fax had been transfered from one office to another

11/03/07 - sent my senator's office a letter asking if they've heard from the USCIS

now I'm wondering if I should just wait for a reply, call her office, or show up there in person. What has been your experience?

Thanks!

2 years and 13 days from NOA to card in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.