Trish_

Should we have received a letter from the colsulate for K1 visa??

3 posts in this topic

Hello, all! I checked the ceac website and discovered that our case status is ready. This is for the k1 fiancé visa from UK to US. Are we supposed to be waiting for an appointment letter to be sent to my fiancé in London? I see I can start filling out the forms and preparing for the interview, but how does the interview get scheduled?

This is what is says on the DOS website-

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

~ Moved from K1 Case Filing and Progress Reports to K1 P&P ~

You might want to read about consulate info here:

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=United Kingdom&cty=London

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 9/15/2021 at 3:02 AM, Trish_ said:

Hello, all! I checked the ceac website and discovered that our case status is ready. This is for the k1 fiancé visa from UK to US. Are we supposed to be waiting for an appointment letter to be sent to my fiancé in London? I see I can start filling out the forms and preparing for the interview, but how does the interview get scheduled?

This is what is says on the DOS website-

Your case is ready for your interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section. If you have already scheduled an appointment for an interview, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the consulate on the appointed date and time. Otherwise, please wait until you have been notified of your interview appointment. Additional information about how Immigrant Visa interview appointments are scheduled can be found at: http://nvc.state.gov/interview

For more information, please visit TRAVEL.STATE.GOV.

Hiya, I have seen a few people in the K1 London group on Facebook schedule their own interview and medical once their status says ready. The embassy doesn't send appointment letters they send a letter or email with where to go to complete the process yourself. The post over here has been a little slow due to Covid so some have not received a letter with the instructions on how to schedule their interviews. They have mostly used this link https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/fiancee-2/applying-for-the-visa/ to get themselves all set up.

I would say start filling out all the forms and get your fiancé booked into his interview. They have some spots for the start of October and medicals (https://visamedicals.co.uk/contact/) are available from the first week of October too, you have to call or email the visa medical place to book that appointment.

If you are concerned you can use the public enquiry form on the consulate website to gather some guidance on what you need to do next. 

Feel free to message me if you have any further questions.

I hope this helps.

Edited by MK1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.