Plinko

“Why do you want to travel at this time?”

13 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Plinko said:

I’m going to the US, to attend a short course (7 days). This course, is needed for me to start my business. 

That's what you tell them.

Have a buddy in Philippines who has spent extended time in Australia on a tourist visa, been to a few other countries and he applied for a US tourist visa and he replied he wanted to surf the waves off the California coast and he was denied.   I suspect it had more to do with his age.  

13 hours ago, Plinko said:

I’m going to the US, to attend a short course (7 days). This course, is needed for me to start my business. 

If this is your reason to travel, this would be your answer, but be prepared to answer more questions. 

What is this course, that is not available in your country, but needed to start a business in your country?

Are you sure the course will be hosted in person?

14 hours ago, Plinko said:

Kinda odd you have to go to another country for a course to start a business in your country.  Coming from a person who has owned several different businesses.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/17/2021 at 9:09 AM, Marieke H said:

If this is your reason to travel, this would be your answer, but be prepared to answer more questions. 

What is this course, that is not available in your country, but needed to start a business in your country?

Are you sure the course will be hosted in person?

Yes, it will be an in person course. 

On 9/26/2021 at 10:05 AM, Plinko said:

Yes, it will be an in person course. 

Take paperwork of the course and be prepared to explain why THIS course and why NOW. If you have paid registration, then take information for that. Also, I'd take proof that you have money to cover expenses for whatever time you are planning to stay. And evidence that you have strong ties and are coming back to your country.

People take short courses overseas all the time. (Maybe “all the time” a bit more before Covid, lol). In my old company/country we regularly used to send people for various things that were 1-2 weeks in length (company liked continuous education and options at home were there but not always the best ones). OP is lucky enough to have a visa interview scheduled for this when many embassies aren’t open for B visas. He will simply need to answer questions honestly and if asked, explain why this course at this time to the CO.   It’s the CO’s opinion that matters. We have seen one or two people here before report back that they got a single use short term expiry B visa for courses like this so that’s also a possible outcome rather than a more general 10 year visa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.