J&S12

New Job Employment Letter London

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi guys. I apologize if this is not in the right place.

I am starting a new job, and I will not have any pay stubs to show before my fiance's K-1 interview on Sept. 23rd.  I was laid off of my last job.

I have my 2020 Tax Transcript that is over the 125% threshold, and will be getting an Employment Letter from my new job where I will be making over the 125% threshold as well.  

Should I wait until I have the pay stubs, or will the transcript and letter of employment be enough?  Right now I cannot reschedule for a later date as it's not available on the calendar yet. 

We've had to wait for over 2 years in this process and I do not want to mess this up. 

Thank you.

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-17-19    I-129F Received
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • 10-25-19  NOA2 / Hardcopy Received 11-1-19
  • 11-7-19    NVC RECEIVED
  • 11-12-19  RECEIVED CASE #
  • 3-17-20    MEDICAL (CANCELLED) 
  • 3-30-20    INTERVIEW (CANCELLED) 
  • 6-25-20    MEDICAL (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • 7-8-20      INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED)
  • 7-9-20   INTERVIEW (RESCHEDULED/CANCELLED/TBD)
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

31 minutes ago, J&S12 said:

Hi guys. I apologize if this is not in the right place.

I am starting a new job, and I will not have any pay stubs to show before my fiance's K-1 interview on Sept. 23rd.  I was laid off of my last job.

I have my 2020 Tax Transcript that is over the 125% threshold, and will be getting an Employment Letter from my new job where I will be making over the 125% threshold as well.  

Should I wait until I have the pay stubs, or will the transcript and letter of employment be enough?  Right now I cannot reschedule for a later date as it's not available on the calendar yet. 

We've had to wait for over 2 years in this process and I do not want to mess this up. 

Thank you.

I really doubt you will have any issues here.  Personally, I would not reschedule that interview.

Does your employment letter document your salary?

London seems to be pretty easygoing when it comes to the I-134 and the public charge issue.  Maybe @Wuozopo has a more specific comment.

Just now, Allaboutwaiting said:

You can also give your fiancée a new I-864 with updated information.

*I-134

Timeline
42 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

I really doubt you will have any issues here.  Personally, I would not reschedule that interview.

Does your employment letter document your salary?

London seems to be pretty easygoing when it comes to the I-134 and the public charge issue.  Maybe @Wuozopo has a more specific comment.

*I-134

Thank you for your response @Jorgedig I knew London was a little more lenient than other embassies.  

My new boss said that he would include whatever was needed on the letterhead, as I was upfront with our K-1 Process during my interview.  I'm pretty sure I remember @Greenbaum saying long ago that it didn't matter if someone started their job the day before the interview.  I just want to do it the right way without getting refused.  

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

Matthew 6:33But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 

Psalm 37:4,5Delight thyself also in the Lord; and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in Him; and He shall bring it to pass. 

Genesis 2:18And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.  

event.png

Timeline
51 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

I think your 2020 transcript and the official letter from your employer stating your salary should be enough. 

You can also give your fiancée a new I-134 with updated information.

Thank you. Yes, I will do that.

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline
17 hours ago, J&S12 said:

For a K1 interviewing in London, you could be approved with only the employment letter. They don’t even require tax return info if you have other proof. In your case, the tax return will show you have been gainfully employed before since you have new employment to present. I don’t think you need pay slips because you have enough proof of employment/salary for London. Your employment letter should read that you are currently employed and not just be an offer, which you could decline. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Wuozopo said:

For a K1 interviewing in London, you could be approved with only the employment letter. They don’t even require tax return info if you have other proof. In your case, the tax return will show you have been gainfully employed before since you have new employment to present. I don’t think you need pay slips because you have enough proof of employment/salary for London. Your employment letter should read that you are currently employed and not just be an offer, which you could decline. 

Great! Thank you for the explanation!  @Wuozopo

• 7-15-1   I-129F Sent
  • 7-22-19    NOA1
  • ?-?-21 MEDICAL 
  • ?-?-21  INTERVIEW 

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.