JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

418 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Dreamoflife said:

Good news. I got appointment on January 19.2022 And Medical on December 11/2021. Thank you for helping me with your reply it was helpful thanks. Good luck for all of you guys! I will keep update you. 

Hi guys once our case goes into the embassy about how long does the embassy takes to email you that our case is ready for interview? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
2 hours ago, Zoozoo said:

Hi guys once our case goes into the embassy about how long does the embassy takes to email you that our case is ready for interview? 

In my case I check the embassy website and when it show ready I emailed the embassy and asked them when can I schedule appointment and their reply was you are ready to schedule appointment and they send to me pdf file that includes all steps I need to take. 

How long does the administrative processing in case of missing papers take ? 

we had our interview and we had the correct papers but 2 of them were out of date. 

we where given a letter to bring back the updated paperwork. 

1 hour ago, Dreamoflife said:

In my case I check the embassy website and when it show ready I emailed the embassy and asked them when can I schedule appointment and their reply was you are ready to schedule appointment and they send to me pdf file that includes all steps I need to take. 

How long did they took to reply back to you? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I had issue. I submitted the Ds160 and paid fees plus scheduled appointments, but I got new update in the case which we moved to turkey and got permit resident in turkey I got all that after the appointment was scheduled. I did new Ds160 and the only difference that new address and the question about if hold permit resident in other countries I put no and now I want to put yes. 

So the change 

1 new address aboard 

2 I get premit resident in turkey yesterday. 

I did new Ds160  but couldn't change it without losing my appointment. Any advice will be appreciated

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi everyone.. my fiance has the interview coming up, we didnt get much notice only 2 weeks but I have already sent the paperwork in the mail.. We have one problem, the sponsor paperwork is dated for after the interview date.. Getting an interview date this soon is unheard of honestly.. Please can you all help me know what would be the best solution? I am thinking faxing a new paper with the signature isn't the best idea.. So whats the fastest way to send? Or is there any other ideas and help you could give me?! Any help is so very much appreciated!!

• 4 weeks later...

Happy new year everyone 

we finally got our visaaaaa after about over a month of being in administrative processing after the interview. 

few tips : it’s definitely not fun waiting because all you can do is see dates when they update or touch your case. 

also make sure all your documents are translated and bring original copies of everything. 

good luck and I hope everyone in this group has gotten their visa 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Coming back to say: yesterday I had my interview and got approved! Yo-hoo :) I'll fly to the US in three weeks, hooray.

K-1 visa

02/01/2021: I-129F package shipped with UPS

02/03/2021: package delivered to Texas Lockbox  (NOA1)

03/15/2021: payment charged on CC

03/16/2021: confirmation sms with receipt

09/18/2021: case approved (NOA2)

10/11/2021: NVC case number assigned (called NVC on the 12th)

11/09/2021: In transit

11/15/2021: Ready

11/16/2021: packet delivered to the consulate, interview scheduled

01/11/2022: medicals

01/12/2022: interview

01/12/2022: VISA APPROVED

02/05/2022: moving to Wisconsin 🥰

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.