JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

418 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, Fordez19 said:

So many different experiences with the phone calls. Because I'm the petitioner they won't notify me. I have to just keep checking. They will send to embassy and embassy will reach out to my partner

What do you mean?

What email addresses did you include in your original I129f petition?

If you included your email address then you will get the NVC letter when your case gets shipped to the embassy and you will also get the interview letter for Santo Domingo.

The only discrepancy we’ve been seeing in the WhatsApp group for DR, is it being sent to lawyer’s emails if you have representation or if your lawyer has omitted any emails then they will use snail mail to mail the interview letter to the beneficiaries home address which takes extra long😳

( like the girl in the group who missed her interview date remember?)

19 hours ago, emirgenco said:

I called nvc. I waited 55 minutes and we talked, they said they still haven't created a case number, they said I have to wait a little longer, I have to wait 16 more days and. They said they would send an e-mail for the case number.

I was told the same thing, they said it takes between 14-30 business days to receive 

5 hours ago, JojoandTomas said:

What do you mean?

What email addresses did you include in your original I129f petition?

If you included your email address then you will get the NVC letter when your case gets shipped to the embassy and you will also get the interview letter for Santo Domingo.

The only discrepancy we’ve been seeing in the WhatsApp group for DR, is it being sent to lawyer’s emails if you have representation or if your lawyer has omitted any emails then they will use snail mail to mail the interview letter to the beneficiaries home address which takes extra long😳

( like the girl in the group who missed her interview date remember?)

I say this because when I talked with a lady from the NVC she said as the petitioner I will not get an email or any contact from the NVC, they don't do anything with K1 visas except forward them when requested to the embassy. 

I called again yesterday after seeing someone with the same approval date as mine get their invoice ID. Again a different answer. This lady said what you said all parties with contact info will receive emails. I should also get a letter.

Thanks for the reassurance. 😊

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Zoozoo said:

Selam,

2 ay önce USCIS'ten k1 onay bildirimimi aldım ancak bunun dışında NVC'den herhangi bir şey almadım . Ne yapmalıyım? Herhangi bir tavsiye lütfen. Normalde NVC'nin dava numarasını ve davamı hangi elçiliğe göndereceğini bana bildirmesi ne kadar sürer. 

i think call nvc and ask for your case number Normally the mail should have arrived.

2 hours ago, Zoozoo said:

Hi,

I received my k1 approval notice from USCIS 2 months ago but other than that I have not received anything from NVC. What should I do? Any advice please. Normally how long does NVC takes to let me know the case number and which embassy they will be sending my case to. 

You need to call them and request your NVC number. They will not contact you. Once you receive your NVC number you can track your case online until it gets sent to your embassy.
When your case gets sent to your embassy NVC will then send you an email usually but besides that you will not hear from them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
8 hours ago, Zoozoo said:

Hi,

I called them and they advised them they have not received my transfer case from USCIS. Is it true that NVC will not notify me unless my case is closed to its interview date? 

Hi

NVC is pretty much an evil step sister of USCIS, the agents don't know much and unless they see something clear cut they usually read off a script, if it has been over 60 days since your approval you can inquire via email (but don't hold your breath)

Also would you be kind enough to fill your timeline here so you can easily find people in similar situation as yours and see how their cases are moving.

Thanks 

• Jan 26, 2021 = NOA 1 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Sep 8, 2021 = NOA 2 for I-129F (K1 Visa application)
  • Nov 16, 2021 =  K1 visa issued in Islamabad, Pakistan
  • Jan 20, 2022 = POE Dallas, Texas
  • Feb 14, 2022 = AOS (I-451, I-131, I765) Filed
  • Feb 20, 2022 = Receipt notice for all three received
  • March 21, 2022 = Biometrics in Dallas, Texas
  • August 9, 2022 = EAD (I-751 approved)
  • August 13, 2022 = EAD and SSN received (SSN applied with EAD)
  • September 6, 2022 = AP (I-131 approved)
  • September 13, 2022 = AP (I-131 receieved) 
  • March 15, 2023 = I-485 approved (interview waived, New SSN received without DHS wording)
  • March 31, 2023 = GC in hand (Total time from NOA-1 to GC in hand 794 days)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
16 hours ago, Zoozoo said:

Hi,

I received my k1 approval notice from USCIS 2 months ago but other than that I have not received anything from NVC. What should I do? Any advice please. Normally how long does NVC takes to let me know the case number and which embassy they will be sending my case to. 

do not worry normally it takes 2 months or a little bit more that NVC send your case to embassy if there no backlog in the embassy you apply for

All of social media is down and so I can't talk to my fiance on WhatsApp app. 😥 But we got our NVC case number and Invoice ID today!!! Just got off the phone after being on hold for 2 hours!!! 

We were approved Sept. 10th (NOA)

Got invoice Id today (Oct. 4)

I'm so relieved 🥲

7 minutes ago, Fordez19 said:

All of social media is down and so I can't talk to my fiance on WhatsApp app. 😥 But we got our NVC case number and Invoice ID today!!! Just got off the phone after being on hold for 2 hours!!! 

We were approved Sept. 10th (NOA)

Got invoice Id today (Oct. 4)

I'm so relieved 🥲

I know 😩😩😩. We are using iMessage for now but hopefully it comes back on soon 😮💨 

Congrats on getting your NVC number! 

Edited by JojoandTomas

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
9 minutes ago, JojoandTomas said:

😩 😩 😩 biliyorum . Şimdilik iMessage'ı kullanıyor ama umarım yakında geri gelir 😮 💨 

NVC numaranızı aldığınız için tebrikler

Did they send an e-mail or did you call?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.