JojoandTomas

SEPTEMBER 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

418 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, BPCW said:

Hi guys, has anyone received the case number yet? We were approved on 09/16/2021. We called them on Monday this week and they told us they still haven´t received it from USCIS and to call again in one week. I wonder how often does USCIS send the cases to NVC.. I saw in August group that most of their petitions were received late August from NVC..

We´re gonna call this Friday again due to US holiday on Monday.

My approval date was Sept. 10th. I got my case number from the NVC this past Monday Oct. 4th. I would call Tues/Wednesday next week for your case number.

Edited by Fordez19

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, emirgenco said:

Does nvc have another number other than this one?+1 603-334-0700 this  busy. Allways

This is NVC main number. You will have to call first thing in the morning (7am) or around 9pm EST to get through. 

We received noa1 for I-129f on 1st September 2021 - I am UK beneficiary (so London US embassy) my fiancé is American. 

called NVC and they provided case number and invoice number, but the lady at NVC told me that we had to file ds160 and pay fees - by mail - and that they are currently processing ds160’s from July so that’s an extra 3 months. We have put our house for sale, as anticipated the next step after approval was the scheduling of interview, but the NVC said that they will contact me with interview dates once they’ve processed my ds160 and to definitely not sell our home. She basically said it’s going to be a long time before we get our visa?

so, does anyone know if this is correct? Do NVC process our ds160 and fees, and therefore even longer wait, or should they just be sending our details to US embassy in London and they contact me for interview? 

so confused and stressed ! Thank you! 

Timeline
7 hours ago, Alexukjamesusa said:

We received noa1 for I-129f on 1st September 2021 - I am UK beneficiary (so London US embassy) my fiancé is American. 

called NVC and they provided case number and invoice number, but the lady at NVC told me that we had to file ds160 and pay fees - by mail - and that they are currently processing ds160’s from July so that’s an extra 3 months. We have put our house for sale, as anticipated the next step after approval was the scheduling of interview, but the NVC said that they will contact me with interview dates once they’ve processed my ds160 and to definitely not sell our home. She basically said it’s going to be a long time before we get our visa?

so, does anyone know if this is correct? Do NVC process our ds160 and fees, and therefore even longer wait, or should they just be sending our details to US embassy in London and they contact me for interview? 

NVC does not process DS160s for K1s. They will send your approved petition to the embassy. It will say something like this The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in XXXXXX. 

Once this has happened, you will receive a welcome letter from the embassy. Then you will file out the DS160 electronically, do your medical, schedule your appointment and pay the fees. I hope this information helps. 

Edited by Mrs.Williams

Filed: IR-5 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On 9/30/2021 at 12:06 PM, Nnenna0304 said:

Hi everyone,

Got my approval 2 days ago, can't wait to start calling for my case number. Completely dreading the stress my fiance's about to go through in Nigeria but can't wait! 

Please what’s the timeline from NVC to interview now in Nigeria? I’m filing for my mum and she’s at NVC stage now. 

8 hours ago, Alexukjamesusa said:

Wow interesting my approval was in august and as of today even when I call I still don’t have NVC case number 

On 9/30/2021 at 5:06 PM, Nnenna0304 said:

Hi everyone,

Got my approval 2 days ago, can't wait to start calling for my case number. Completely dreading the stress my fiance's about to go through in Nigeria but can't wait! 

Hi bro, my application got to the USCIS on 26th and I'm currently waiting for our noa2 ..my woman is really missing me and we kept talking about seeing each other again...this year , we've been together twice and I'm also missing her like kilode, what documents do we need to gather ahead of noa2 and after the noa2.  I'm in Nigeria 

1 hour ago, Mrs.Williams said:

NVC does not process DS160s for K1s. They will send your approved petition to the embassy. It will say something like this The National Visa Center sent your K1 visa petition to the U.S. Embassy/Consulate in XXXXXX. 

Once this has happened, you will receive a welcome letter from the embassy. Then you will file out the DS160 electronically, do your medical, schedule your appointment and pay the fees. I hope this information helps. 

Thank you. The CEAC said to complete ds160 so we did this online and now the status has changed from “no status” to with NVC. So I’m just not sure what they are actually doing or if we just need to keep waiting? We never received a receipt

notice from NVC, and it’s 40 days since our petition was approved.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Alexukjamesusa said:

Thank you. The CEAC said to complete ds160 so we did this online and now the status has changed from “no status” to with NVC. So I’m just not sure what they are actually doing or if we just need to keep waiting? We never received a receipt

notice from NVC, and it’s 40 days since our petition was approved.

The embassy has to request your petition. Some embassies are not doing K1s at the moment and of course some are backlogged. It is just a waiting game 

Edited by Mrs.Williams

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

Hi all, we called yesterday for our case No and they told us to call next week again, but they did receive our petition on 10/07. So that’s a good sign at least - I think.. 🤔 

NOA2 was on 09/16

K1 Visa

NOA1: 11/02/2020

NOA2: 09/16/2021

NVC received: 10/07/2021

Case No: 10/12/2021

In transit: 10/26/2021

Consulate received: 10/27/2021

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
22 hours ago, daddybella said:

Hi bro, my application got to the USCIS on 26th and I'm currently waiting for our noa2 ..my woman is really missing me and we kept talking about seeing each other again...this year , we've been together twice and I'm also missing her like kilode, what documents do we need to gather ahead of noa2 and after the noa2.  I'm in Nigeria 

Hello, here is the page with all the info once your case gets to Lagos.

https://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Nigeria&cty=Lagos

Edited by Nnenna0304

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.