AMA. L

Consulate/ Embassy not working (merged)

31 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, African Zealot said:

Please check your data. Ghana is one of the least affected countries so any talk of it being due to local Covid data is totally off the mark.

Where did I quote any data?

I simply said that local conditions drives US embassy decisions about staffing and operations.   Ghana's own reported numbers related to COVID may not actually be what is informing current embassy decisions.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/14/2021 at 1:24 PM, Bri2015 said:

Even though Ghana is one of the country's least impacted by COVID-19 the US largely determines which facilities are open/ lowly staffed or closed.  Also unfortunately they will send that notice to slow down inquires. However as I mentioned above  US Embassy in Ghana is open but are lowly staffed. My husband had his final interview(our 3rd round) in June and just reviewed his US Visa.  

We have a 2015 priority date hence sure why we were able to get through the process now.

Be patient. That's all that can be done right now.

That is incorrect, per several recent conversations with NVC, although recommendations are given each Embassy determines the pace of their reopening, not Nvc

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sweetk328 said:

That is incorrect, per several recent conversations with NVC, although recommendations are given each Embassy determines the pace of their reopening, not Nvc

US has reduced resourcing at Ghana Embassy as a result of COVID-19 hence my statement isn't incorrect. Naturally the local embassies have some determination on pace but it will always be at the direction correlation to the resources available to support the work. My husband mentioned the US Embassy in Ghana is practically enpty compared to previous times he has been there for appointments.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So I keep asking myself if ever the Gh embassy will return to work. I have a friend whose wife just joined him from Sierra Leone, meaning their embassy is trying to work on the backlog, I don’t see that with Ghana embassy.., God please help us, I can’t imagine the years I have to wait for this K1 to be called then more years to get the green card… hmmm

Edited by AMA. L

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
19 minutes ago, AMA. L said:

@mbn114 if it’s true then that’s really good, but if I may ask where did you get this information from? My NOA was August 

On the Ghana immigrant visa group on facebook. A couple of people shared that their case has been moved for April 2020 NOA 2. If your NOA2 was in August 2020, then hopefully you’re not too far away 

Timeline

Yes they will and have started requesting cases! I finally after being dq'd since 2/21/20 and sitting and waiting for an interview , I woke up this morning to an email from NVC, we finally got our interview appointment for 10-18! I am so excited, I can not stop yelling! Keep an eye out for your emails!

Timeline
23 minutes ago, sweetk328 said:

Yes they will and have started requesting cases! I finally after being dq'd since 2/21/20 and sitting and waiting for an interview , I woke up this morning to an email from NVC, we finally got our interview appointment for 10-18! I am so excited, I can not stop yelling! Keep an eye out for your emails!

@sweetk328 thanks for sharing, atleast it gives us some type of hope. I am happy for u shd i hope all goes well 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
48 minutes ago, AMA. L said:

@mbn114 if it’s true then that’s really good, but if I may ask where did you get this information from? My NOA was August 

the information is on the US embassy site

they still must catch up to the interviews cancelled in 2020

they also must do the DV lottery cases and F1 student visas ASAP 

The consular section of the U.S. Embassy in Accra is scheduling a limited number of visa appointments for qualifying applicants.

In july Accra approved

IR1 39 Accra IR2 49

699  B1/B2

and 369 F1 ( as they had to give students priority as school was starting here)

August is not out yet but check all the stats on following site to understand they are working

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

And while you all wait understand this is a good time to prepare for that interview  / many go into interview and can not answer simple questions like "what is the age of the USC's children?"   "when did the USC divorce?"  "how many times is USC married?"   these may not relate to your case but the intending immigrant must know every little and big thing about the USC ,so prepare, prepare , prepare 

and best to all of u waiting as we all know waiting is hard when there is no information 

26 minutes ago, sweetk328 said:

Best to you both

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, mbn114 said:

On the Ghana immigrant visa group on facebook. A couple of people shared that their case has been moved for April 2020 NOA 2. If your NOA2 was in August 2020, then hopefully you’re not too far away 

Can you kindly provide a link to the page? Thanks

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

1 hour ago, sweetk328 said:

So happy for you! It’s been quiet a journey 😊

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~Related threads merged. Do not start more than one thread for the same or related topic.~~

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.