244 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

My visa class   F22 (F2A)

PD; 11/10/2019

I130 APPROVAL DATE; 2/10/2021

DOB; 7/1/1999

DQ DATE; 3/1/2021

Could someone please help me to find out If I am still eligible for F22 visa under CSPA Rule or I will be aged out by the time I will have my interview, 

12 hours ago, RJ2021 said:

My visa class   F22 (F2A)

PD; 11/10/2019

I130 APPROVAL DATE; 2/10/2021

DOB; 7/1/1999

DQ DATE; 3/1/2021

Could someone please help me to find out If I am still eligible for F22 visa under CSPA Rule or I will be aged out by the time I will have my interview, 

11 hours ago, RJ2021 said:

Sorry one more line I want add is my PD is current since my mother field I130 for me.

All F2A priority dates are current at the moment. 

You won’t age out, you are already and will remain protected by CSPA - it’s not interview date that matters, it is that you “seek to acquire” a visa within one year of a visa becoming available - in practice for someone interviewing at a consulate, this “seek to acquire” requirement is fulfilled by submitting a DS260. With your PD being current (F2A has been current since July 2019], the date a visa became available to you was the date of petition approval. As you were DQ a few weeks after that you clearly met the time requirement for submission of DS260.

edit: I am assuming you have listed dates in the US convention of mm/dd/yyyy?

Edited by SusieQQQ

26 minutes ago, Varas321 said:

U.S. Consulate General Mumbai, India - BMB (state.gov)

@CoolGuru You are expected to carry a PCC that is issued within 1 year for your interview. Pls. refer to the above link.

https://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/en/immigrant-visa

Now PCC is valid for 2 years. People who have attended interview from this forum have confirmed it.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline
11 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

All F2A priority dates are current at the moment. 

You won’t age out, you are already and will remain protected by CSPA - it’s not interview date that matters, it is that you “seek to acquire” a visa within one year of a visa becoming available - in practice for someone interviewing at a consulate, this “seek to acquire” requirement is fulfilled by submitting a DS260. With your PD being current (F2A has been current since July 2019], the date a visa became available to you was the date of petition approval. As you were DQ a few weeks after that you clearly met the time requirement for submission of DS260.

edit: I am assuming you have listed dates in the US convention of mm/dd/yyyy?

Excellent explanation, thank you for your time. Your information is very helpful to me to clear the confusion. Yes, these are us format dates. Thanks again.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.