Meisha&Jake

UK to US travel ban - just need to speak to fellow visajourney people who understand my feelings

6 posts in this topic

I just wanted to come on the forum to vent/relate to fellow visajourney members emotionally suffering with distance/homesickness during the pandemic.

This past year & a half has been awful for everyone in multiple ways. Personally, I was due to visit my family back in the UK in April 2020 (first trip back home since I moved here in 2018). Obviously travel ban happened & it's still in place for UK to US travel. I found out I was pregnant a week after we knew our flights were cancelled. I was furloughed at my job due to the pandemic (although this turned out in my favor as I would've had to go on long term sick due to the pregnancy complications). My son is now almost 8 month's & still hasn't met his Nanna (my mum). It breaks my heart EVERY single day. We facetime multiple times a day but that doesn't make homesickness much easier. To add, I ended up having complications for the last 2 month's of my pregnancy, was in hospital twice a week for monitoring due to still born risk. I was induced at 37 weeks, baby boy is an absolute joy (minus not much sleep still lol). A month after I gave birth, I was rushed via ambulance to hospital with a suspected gallbladder problem. Turns out it was infected & was kept in for two days with antibiotic IV drip. Then I had my gallbladder removed in January 2021. I then was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety, that I feel has also been caused by homesickness/pandemic. Alot of my first pregnancy experiences has been stripped for me, I know I'm not alone in that. It's been a hellish year & a half.

My mum, sister & sister's boyfriend booked flights back in January for September 2021 to visit us for 2 weeks here in the USA. 8 weeks away & travel ban is not lifted & now seems unlikely due to the Delta variant. I can't stop crying today.

It's been one thing after another for many people. 

I'm emotionally exhausted. Would love to just relate to other people feeling the same.

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

Just now, HRQX said:

Can they request extra time off from work, etc.? If so, they can still visit the US but would have to spend 14 days in an unrestricted country (e.g. Mexico, Turkey, Serbia, etc.) before entering the US:

Unfortunately they can't :( we already looked into that way around. Thank you for mentioning it though! 

K1 Fiance Visa Journey 💍 - From sending I-129F to Visa in hand = 295 days📅

Spoiler

10th-Oct-2017 I-129F sent to Dallas Lockbox

13th-Oct-2017 - I-129F received 

17th-Oct-2017 - NOA1 

19th-Apr-2018 - NOA2 :dance:
8th-May-2018 - NVC received our case

14-May-2018 NVC case # assigned
29-June-2018 - Medical

20-July-2018 - Interview - APPROVED! :dancing:

01-Aug-2018 Visa in hand 🎉
13-Oct-2018 - POE:dancing:
17-Nov-2018- Married:wub:

AOS, EAD, AP Journey :star: - From sending I-485 to 2 year conditional Green card in hand = 152 days📅

Spoiler

6th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet sent to Chicago Lockbox
11th-Dec-2018 - I-485, I-765, I-131 packet received in Chicago
17th-Dec-2018 - Received txt notifications
18-Dec-2018 - Check cashed
17-Dec-2018 - NOA1 on USCIS online case status
24-Dec-2018 - x3 NOA1 letter's received in the mail:thumbs:
31-Dec-2018 - Biometrics appointment letter received in the mail
31-Dec-2018 - USCIS online case status for just AOS changed to 'Request for Initial evidence mailed' :(
07-Jan-2019 - Biometrics appointment👍
07-Jan-2019 - Request for Initial evidence letter received - request is for complete Federal tax return for most recent tax year (we did send with original packet...:angry:)

10-Jan-2019 - Sent back initial evidence request documents by mail:clock:
15-Jan-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to 'Response to USCIS' Request for Evidence was received':thumbs:
20-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Case is Ready to be scheduled an Interview" 

26-Mar-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Interview was Scheduled"

30-Mar-2019 - Letter with interview date received in the mail!!!!!!! :D

30-Apr-2019 - AOS Interview!  :star: - APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
30-Apr-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "New Card is being produced" 
03-May-2019 - AOS (I-485) Approval notice letter received in the mail
03-May-2019 - USCIS online case status for AOS (I-485) changed to "Card was mailed to Me"

07-May-2019 - 2 year conditional Green card in hand! :dance:

Removal of Conditions Journey  - From sending I-751 to 10 year Green card in hand = 

16th-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox

22nd-Feb-2021 - I-751 packet received in Phoenix, AZ lockbox

55 minutes ago, Meisha&Jake said:

I just wanted to come on the forum to vent/relate to fellow visajourney members emotionally suffering with distance/homesickness during the pandemic.

This past year & a half has been awful for everyone in multiple ways. Personally, I was due to visit my family back in the UK in April 2020 (first trip back home since I moved here in 2018). Obviously travel ban happened & it's still in place for UK to US travel. I found out I was pregnant a week after we knew our flights were cancelled. I was furloughed at my job due to the pandemic (although this turned out in my favor as I would've had to go on long term sick due to the pregnancy complications). My son is now almost 8 month's & still hasn't met his Nanna (my mum). It breaks my heart EVERY single day. We facetime multiple times a day but that doesn't make homesickness much easier. To add, I ended up having complications for the last 2 month's of my pregnancy, was in hospital twice a week for monitoring due to still born risk. I was induced at 37 weeks, baby boy is an absolute joy (minus not much sleep still lol). A month after I gave birth, I was rushed via ambulance to hospital with a suspected gallbladder problem. Turns out it was infected & was kept in for two days with antibiotic IV drip. Then I had my gallbladder removed in January 2021. I then was diagnosed with postpartum anxiety, that I feel has also been caused by homesickness/pandemic. Alot of my first pregnancy experiences has been stripped for me, I know I'm not alone in that. It's been a hellish year & a half.

My mum, sister & sister's boyfriend booked flights back in January for September 2021 to visit us for 2 weeks here in the USA. 8 weeks away & travel ban is not lifted & now seems unlikely due to the Delta variant. I can't stop crying today.

I'm emotionally exhausted. Would love to just relate to other people feeling the same.

((((CHOCOLATE HUGS))))

I’m thinking of you. Your heart share😔💔

Thank you for sharing. I’m not in the same boat as you, as I’ve only been apart from my husband, whom I married last month, for almost 2 weeks. God willing, I return to visit him in a few months. 

I cannot imagine all that you’re going through. Your son is blessed to have you as his mother, I truly hope your family can visit you all soon💛

I just wanted to leave you some love and hugs as I couldn’t read your post without leaving you that🌻♥️🙏🏿

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
On 7/22/2021 at 7:43 PM, Meisha&Jake said:

Not in the same situation as you are, but still hurting. I'm doing the K1 with my fiance...who has not been able to come here to visit since the pandemic started. The London embassy has over a year of backlog, and news that the travel restrictions aren't being lifted....it's hard to not feel hopeless today. It's getting to the point where I think...is this even a fair relationship to be in? Sometimes I feel like I'm keeping him from just giving up and finding someone over there. He doesn't agree with that...but it's hard to shake. I definitely feel your sadness.

• 3 weeks later...

I've had a very similar experience to you and its heartbreaking. I had my first child this year and going through the pregnancy and birth without my family was so difficult. We videocall with my parents regularly but it kills me that they haven't met their granddaughter yet, and I'm missing home like crazy. 

I have no advice but wanted to let you know that you're not alone. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.