Skyman

Current Cebu flights

40 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Too add to that they are much more relaxed and friendly at DFW at your Port of Entry vs places like up north or the west coast.

I know i told her about immigration at LAX, i am skeptical about flying into there, she wants to be able to stop and state borders and take picts of the welcome to ( whatever state ) to start her journey of life here, even though she will see the country with me as a truck driver.  She has one advantage over others that immigrate she will see the USA clearly coast to coast.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
16 minutes ago, Murph4865 said:

I know i told her about immigration at LAX, i am skeptical about flying into there, she wants to be able to stop and state borders and take picts of the welcome to ( whatever state ) to start her journey of life here, even though she will see the country with me as a truck driver.  She has one advantage over others that immigrate she will see the USA clearly coast to coast.

My wife has entered through Immigration (most recently) SFO, ORD, and several times at LAX.   Never had a problem.And those were all on a (probably more suspicious) tourist visa.  I doubt an immigrant would have a problem.

1 hour ago, Murph4865 said:

LAX is a strange place for pinays entering and exiting the country. 

Many years ago they pulled aside my buddies gf who had just arrived and had her crying and trying to convince her to return to Philippines, at LAX they CBP told her he had a record of fighting, she said they picked her and another girl and had them both crying, LAX was her POE and she was going to catch a flight to DFW to meet her fiancee at the time.

10 years or so we were getting on PAL airlines in LAX, catching a flight to Manila.  It was at the departure gate after you show the ticket agent your passport and ticket to enter the plane, CBP was actually hiding inside the walkway ramp to the plane and harassing and asking pinay questions like: How long were you in USA, Were you working, etc.  It really angered me ,I told them to leave them alone, they are trying to go home and board the plane.  It was 3 CBP agents and they were randomly pulling them over.  Never seen anything like it since

Just a FYI

Edited by Joe Kano

13 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

LAX is a strange place for pinays entering and exiting the country. 

Many years ago they pulled aside my buddies gf who had just arrived and had her crying and trying to convince her to return to Philippines, at LAX they CBP told her he had a record of fighting, she said they picked her and another girl and had them both crying, LAX was her POE and she was going to catch a flight to DFW to meet her fiancee at the time.

10 years or so we were getting on PAL airlines in LAX, catching a flight to Manila.  It was at the departure gate after you show the ticket agent your passport and ticket to enter the plane, CBP was actually hiding inside the walkway ramp to the plane and harassing and asking pinay questions like: How long were you in USA, Were you working, etc.  It really angered me ,I told them to leave them alone, they are trying to go home and board the plane.  It was 3 CBP agents and they were randomly pulling them over.  Never seen anything like it since

Just a FYI

I do not see a problem for my wife entering there but i am still skeptical cause i know how our government can be.

19 hours ago, Murph4865 said:

My wife got that tour about 2 weeks after she came to the USA. We flew into NC to spend time with my family and get married then 10 days later we drove cross country to CA so I could start my new job outside of Los Angeles. 

5 minutes ago, Cyberfx1024 said:

My wife got that tour about 2 weeks after she came to the USA. We flew into NC to spend time with my family and get married then 10 days later we drove cross country to CA so I could start my new job outside of Los Angeles. 

My wife will be with me all the time i drive coast to coast

18 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

10 years or so we were getting on PAL airlines in LAX, catching a flight to Manila.  It was at the departure gate after you show the ticket agent your passport and ticket to enter the plane, CBP was actually hiding inside the walkway ramp to the plane and harassing and asking pinay questions like: How long were you in USA, Were you working, etc.  It really angered me ,I told them to leave them alone, they are trying to go home and board the plane. 

The Customs agents in the jetway for the PAL flights are there fishing for passengers carrying over $10,000 undeclared cash.    FilAm passengers are profiled as sometimes having a tendency to transport undeclared cash.   You will also see Customs from time to time in the jetway on China bound flights.

LAX is where I most frequently enter the US and I never had much trouble there.   Immigration there may not be the most happy smiley bunch but they mostly process people through there hassle free.  I could see where changing terminals for a connection flight at LAX could be confusing for a new immigrant.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

4 hours ago, top_secret said:

The Customs agents in the jetway for the PAL flights are there fishing for passengers carrying over $10,000 undeclared cash.    FilAm passengers are profiled as sometimes having a tendency to transport undeclared cash.   You will also see Customs from time to time in the jetway on China bound flights.

LAX is where I most frequently enter the US and I never had much trouble there.   Immigration there may not be the most happy smiley bunch but they mostly process people through there hassle free.  I could see where changing terminals for a connection flight at LAX could be confusing for a new immigrant.

Yep, even I was hassled on the jetway on my one flight using PAL.

Finally done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.