Vasia

How change dv-immigrant visa interview after Submit DS260?

54 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, SusieQQQ said:

Are you asking about a past stay? If you did not overstay (in fact even if you did but not more than 180 days which incurs a ban) it is not a problem as long as you are interviewing at a consulate outside the US. 

For the police certificate etc please refer to the pages linked to in the instructions for dv selectees for what is required per country - choose the country and scroll down to the relevant section https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Visa-Reciprocity-and-Civil-Documents-by-Country.html/

Thank you . Yes it was my past stay in 2017.

1 hour ago, Vasia said:

Hello again i m sorry for a lot of questions. 😅

Police clearance certificate from Canada for US immigration which one is right to apply Fingerprint based or with name and date of birth?

i called many times RCMP to ask but still could not talk with someone

thanks 

The details are in the link I posted for you earlier…

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 5:33 PM, SusieQQQ said:

As long as you have an appropriate police certificate for Canada it should be ok.

Hi Susie 

I mentioned earlier that I want to change the interview place  from montreal  to my own country for this you said that I had to change current address once ds 260 will be unlock.
I want to know in what order I should write my current and previous addresses?? 
because I am currently living  in Canada but the address that i want to write for current address (hometown address) i started live  there since 2005 till 2020 and now my family living there i came here for study. Today i tried change  my present address  i start first  with my hometown address for present address 

then canada addresses   But i can not save. It is written

“There is a gap greater than a month in the dates you have provided since the date you turned sixteen.please include all addresses where have you lived since the date you turned 16 years old”

by the way i turned 16 years old in 2007.

i hope i could explain right way 

i really appreciate your help 

thank in advance.

10 hours ago, SusieQQQ said:

Your “current address” should be in the country you want to interview in.

As for the other issue just check that all your stated date periods are properly consecutive. 

Thank you very much 

Should i write started living date at present address (hometown) from August 2021? In that case i have to write hometown address several times. Because  i stayed 5 month in USA, and 1 year half in Canada.

thank you 

11 minutes ago, Vasia said:

Okey 

and should i add  USA addresses where i stayed as a visitor in US ?  I stayed ,2 ,3 different places  during 5 month  max 1 month  each place i lived mostly i was travelling . 
thanks Susie

The instructions are very clear to list places you have lived. Traveling is not “living” somewhere. 

Edited by SusieQQQ

On 8/5/2021 at 9:45 AM, SusieQQQ said:

The instructions are very clear to list places you have lived. Traveling is not “living” somewhere. 

hello  
write an email to KCC about change interview location need i mention exact embassy city name/location?

because US embassy in my country does not provide any immigrant visa,and i my present address will be my homecountry address.
For diversity immigrant visa  interview winner from my country go our neighbour country.

8 minutes ago, Vasia said:

hello  
write an email to KCC about change interview location need i mention exact embassy city name/location?

because US embassy in my country does not provide any immigrant visa,and i my present address will be my homecountry address.
For diversity immigrant visa  interview winner from my country go our neighbour country.

Just use your actual home address.   The interview will be scheduled at the consulate that has jurisdiction over your home address.

On 8/8/2021 at 12:10 AM, Jorgedig said:

Just use your actual home address.   The interview will be scheduled at the consulate that has jurisdiction over your home address.

Thank you 

i have already update my present address to my home country on Ds260  and resubmit again because of have interview. however i m currently living  in Canada with my visitor status after completion my study. I m kinda nervous.  it can cause any problem or is it lying?  i m not sure Did i do correct

42 minutes ago, Vasia said:

Thank you 

i have already update my present address to my home country on Ds260  and resubmit again because of have interview. however i m currently living  in Canada with my visitor status after completion my study. I m kinda nervous.  it can cause any problem or is it lying?  i m not sure Did i do correct

You can’t be living somewhere on visitor status by definition. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.