JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

Hi everyone. We just got DQed yesterday, how long does it take for NVC to schedule an appointment with the embassy?

More info: cr1, us citizen and I'm Portuguese. Good luck for everyone in the same boat 🤩 

Timeline
On 9/12/2023 at 1:47 PM, Christian And Van said:

Thanks for the info - yeah I had read of someone that went to Paris for it and said that the medical exam there happens in 2 stages instead of 1. That is what we will do if Lisbon really doesn't have the exam anymore.

It is just frustrating since we live 20 minutes away from Sete Rios (US consulate Lisbon) and 30mins away from Campo Grande (Medical Exam) ahaha

Hi! I'm on the same boat. Campo grande clinic says they don't perform that type of medical appointments anymore. Are you going to Azores or France? It's ridiculous that we don't have a doctor in Portugal mainland 🫣

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
22 minutes ago, Jess98 said:

Hi! I'm on the same boat. Campo grande clinic says they don't perform that type of medical appointments anymore. Are you going to Azores or France? It's ridiculous that we don't have a doctor in Portugal mainland 🫣

Hey Jess,

Thanks so much for letting me know here - I have been trying to call them.
Its absolutely crazy that Lisbon is pointless when it comes to this process. Now the option is an island and France - so wild.
We will likely go to France in this situation - and just try to make it a 1-week stay in Paris or something.
This was surprising.

Maybe (I doubt it) they'll choose another Dr soon. We have probably 3-4 months before an interview is scheduled.

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Christian And Van said:

Hey Jess,

Thanks so much for letting me know here - I have been trying to call them.
Its absolutely crazy that Lisbon is pointless when it comes to this process. Now the option is an island and France - so wild.
We will likely go to France in this situation - and just try to make it a 1-week stay in Paris or something.
This was surprising.

Maybe (I doubt it) they'll choose another Dr soon. We have probably 3-4 months before an interview is scheduled.

France is more expensive but I think I'm also going to France. My interview should be schedule in the next few weeks but the doctor at the office told me to go 2 weeks before interview. They will perform the medical exam but they said that x-rays and blood tests can take more time because they work independently. This is crazy 🤪 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Jess98 said:

Hi everyone. We just got DQed yesterday, how long does it take for NVC to schedule an appointment with the embassy?

More info: cr1, us citizen and I'm Portuguese. Good luck for everyone in the same boat 🤩 

I was a K1 and this was at the height of covid with Trump's no-immigration executive order, but it took us more than 6 months to be scheduled for an interview... And it was radio silence from when we got the "your petition was approved" letter to an email saying "hey, come to Paris in exactly one month for your interview." You might fare better, hopefully.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Jess98 said:

France is more expensive but I think I'm also going to France. My interview should be schedule in the next few weeks but the doctor at the office told me to go 2 weeks before interview. They will perform the medical exam but they said that x-rays and blood tests can take more time because they work independently. This is crazy 🤪 

So I read about @JobbinsKnobbins going also to Paris for the medical exam - they did it the same week if I'm not wrong.
They do the tests on 2 separate days.

What I read online is that they either give you your results the same day in a sealed envelop OR they send it through the French medical system. IF your results are not ready by time of the interview it says it WILL NOT harm your interview, but they will wait to give you the yes or no until they have those results. (read this on the French Embassy portal)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Christian And Van said:

So I read about @JobbinsKnobbins going also to Paris for the medical exam - they did it the same week if I'm not wrong.

What I read online is that they either give you your results the same day in a sealed envelop OR they send it through the French medical system. IF your results are not ready by time of the interview it says it WILL NOT harm your interview, but they will wait to give you the yes or no until they have those results. (read this on the French Embassy portal)

This is correct. I did not have my results with me by the time the interview happened because the doctor was so busy. I got through the interview just fine and only had to show the medical at the border, in the sealed envelope, in the United States.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Christian And Van said:

Gosh! Good to know. 

So many things and yet, no good information about it. Thank you 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jess98 said:

Funny enough, I just got our approval about 2 minutes ago also.

We go through this together ahaha 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Christian And Van said:

Funny enough, I just got our approval about 2 minutes ago also.

We go through this together ahaha 

Hahah, amazing! I need someone on the same process. Do you have instagram? Would love to talk to you about all of this 😅

Username: [edited out]

Edited by TBoneTX
private info revealed in public

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Private information has been edited from a post.  This is a VERY public forum, so safety is prudent.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys, I'm also waiting on the NVC to approve and move us to the interview stage.

This is the second time we've been through this and last time I did my medical exams in a clinic in Lisbon called CMIL.

They apparently still do immigration medical exams, its probably worth a look and get in contact!

All the best luck in this final stages

Timeline
8 minutes ago, APeralta said:

Hey guys, I'm also waiting on the NVC to approve and move us to the interview stage.

This is the second time we've been through this and last time I did my medical exams in a clinic in Lisbon called CMIL.

They apparently still do immigration medical exams, its probably worth a look and get in contact!

All the best luck in this final stages

Hi! Thank you so much. When was the last time that you went there? Paris is so damn expensive 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jess98 said:

Hi! Thank you so much. When was the last time that you went there? Paris is so damn expensive 

It was back in 2015 already. And yes, Paris is quite expensive. We ended up staying a couple of days just to be sure everything went well but I was approved right on the day no problems!

Timeline
1 minute ago, APeralta said:

It was back in 2015 already. And yes, Paris is quite expensive. We ended up staying a couple of days just to be sure everything went well but I was approved right on the day no problems!

And this time will you need the medical exam? I'll call the clinic that you mentioned tomorrow! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.