JobbinsKnobbins

US Embassy in Paris K1/CR1

211 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Quick question..

While you received the email did they precise how to come to the embassy? Cause via the website normally we do receive a confirmation and the security guard are aware of your presence!!

Did you just show up and everything was set or?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
23 hours ago, Paris DC said:

Quick question..

While you received the email did they precise how to come to the embassy? Cause via the website normally we do receive a confirmation and the security guard are aware of your presence!!

Did you just show up and everything was set or?

Once you have the date scheduled, it will be in the list for the security guards. They will ask for specific groups to start entering, so the beneficiary needs to pay attention when they "yell" for the people for K1 visas scheduled for XX:XX.

Timeline
23 hours ago, ritac23 said:

Just one more message, @JobbinsKnobbinsand @neto-66, did you/your fiancé(e)s have to schedule a medical exam in Paris? I can't find the address/contact details for the doctor in Lisbon...

I (beneficiary) first scheduled to have my medical done in Lisbon but they could only set me up for the October 20th and the scheduled interview was set (at that time) for September 28th. Since it was a big discrepancy, they did say for me to try schedule it for Paris because chances would be, that it could be scheduled earlier.
I did managed to even chose a date that fit perfectly which was closer to the date of the interview, so I thought we would be staying in Paris for a full week to deal with everything (keep in mind that for the French appointment, you will also need to go do the exams before the medical appointment at the set places they have).
So I had my medical appointment scheduled for September 24th and did the blood/urine exams and the x-ray on the 22nd. They where in 2 different places. The results were done on the same day. The results for the blood/urine were sent directly to the doctor, while the xray, we had to pick it put later that day.

The only thing I have to add is that french language is the preferred language but some places had someone that had portuguese people or someone that spoke portuguese and helped. They do try to talk english but they aren't very comfortable in their abilities to speak it, that's why they stick a lot with french. In no way they were ever rude, they just really feel like they don't speak it well.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline

@JobbinsKnobbins When you received the visa, did you get your birth certificate back? Just now realizing that my fiancé gave the only English certified copy he has to the embassy at the interview, and it was not given back to him at the end. We need one to apply for a marriage license once he arrives and there don't seem to be any appointments available to receive a new one until after his visa expires, so a little worried right now. 

Timeline
12 hours ago, neto-66 said:

@JobbinsKnobbins When you received the visa, did you get your birth certificate back? Just now realizing that my fiancé gave the only English certified copy he has to the embassy at the interview, and it was not given back to him at the end. We need one to apply for a marriage license once he arrives and there don't seem to be any appointments available to receive a new one until after his visa expires, so a little worried right now. 

Not sure if this will help. I picked up my birth certificate from the Registo Civil at Campus da Justiça (Building J) without an appointment. It's mostly in Portuguese but there's a translation key on the back. Then, I walked to building E to get it apostilled, also without needing an appointment. Did you fiancé get the birth certificate translated by a translation company and then notarize that copy? If not, then he can get his birth certificate without an appointment (despite what the security people may tell you at the entrance to the Registo Civil). He can show up, give his name to the security workers, and wait (I waited around 2 hours on a Monday morning).

Timeline

Hi all.

Indeed I wouldn't worry too much for the birthday certificate, here in France you can get it at your hometown or by mail in less than 2/3 days.

It s definitely really his birth certificate so it can be certified anytime and I m Actually not sure it has to be absolutely translate in English.

Let us know.

Be well .

PDC

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Portugal
Timeline
7 hours ago, ritac23 said:

Not sure if this will help. I picked up my birth certificate from the Registo Civil at Campus da Justiça (Building J) without an appointment. It's mostly in Portuguese but there's a translation key on the back. Then, I walked to building E to get it apostilled, also without needing an appointment. Did you fiancé get the birth certificate translated by a translation company and then notarize that copy? If not, then he can get his birth certificate without an appointment (despite what the security people may tell you at the entrance to the Registo Civil). He can show up, give his name to the security workers, and wait (I waited around 2 hours on a Monday morning).

I believe he was able to get an international birth certificate in English a few months ago in Porto, no separate translation company needed. He needed an appointment, and when he went to book an appointment last month to get another just in case, the only available options were in December. I'll have him check again, maybe they're allowing walk-ins in Porto now? Thank you for your input!

Timeline
2 minutes ago, neto-66 said:

I believe he was able to get an international birth certificate in English a few months ago in Porto, no separate translation company needed. He needed an appointment, and when he went to book an appointment last month to get another just in case, the only available options were in December. I'll have him check again, maybe they're allowing walk-ins in Porto now? Thank you for your input!

Yes, don't worry about it. Even though TECHNICALLY you need appointments, if he explains the situation and begs in a very Portuguese way, he'll get it done on the spot in the same day 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 11/4/2021 at 4:01 PM, Paris DC said:

hi guys, 

email regarding Interview received today and i am schedule for the 1 st of December.

i will let you know.

best 

PDC

Hey PDC, 

When you say "email" is this the equivalent to the Embassy Letter from Paris? If yes, did they schedule the interview for you?

Thank you so much, 

Diana 

Timeline

hi all , hi Diana

i received an email on my fiancee and my ip address from Paris embassy about two weeks ago yes, it was from IV pending instructing me to proceed via their website.( not a letter which i already received back in January 2020 taking in consideration my K1 was approved back in December 2019).

They unlocked my case and i could finally  keep on going with scheduling the appointment that ''THEY ''give me, there is no choice on your hand. ( and i would attend NO Matter what ).

I have been waiting for that day since spring 2020 and had my pre interviews booted twice before October 2020, then no news at all until May 2021, so patience is key also understanding of the whole Covid period and restrictions.

Medical examination is valid for 6 months so i wouldn't wait at all to do it.( also to entry the USA you need to be full vaccinated) otherwise Good luck.

A little patience will be needed i guess, i d say that you may get your interview in early time of 2022 since the embassy is back to Normal rhythm as it seems.

Get upfront with medical and let the email comes to you.

best 

PDC

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hi all, I guess it depends if you are going to pick it up yourself or if you asked for delivery!! It should be 4/6 open days but 9 ish days is not bad compare when before summer 2021 some applicants had to wait more than 3 weeks.

When is your date BTW..mine is on the 1 st December at 9.45 same as Wave 19.

Best 

PDC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.