impactideas

NVC Processing Timeline for Expedite Requests

225 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Kvickers4 said:

Hi, just to update everyone I got a reply from the NVC (one day after being told it was being reviewed) and unfortunately was denied. I requested the expedite due to financial hardship. I knew it was a long shot, and there are people with much better reasons to request an expedite, but I'm glad I at least tried. 

Hopefully the NVC speeds back up and we are all back with our loved ones soon❤️

Man!!! -- I noticed the excitement in your posts yesterday and I truly got excited for you....and i wasn't ready for NVC to reply to your email with a rejection so quickly...this sucks...

Don't give up! -- if anything changes for you, try again after 30 days but this time, i would highly suggest that you don't use financial hardship as the reason.  I've read this on many blogs that during this stage of NVC, they want to make sure you are financially stable and can support your spouse when they immigrate to US...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
6 hours ago, impactideas said:

Man!!! -- I noticed the excitement in your posts yesterday and I truly got excited for you....and i wasn't ready for NVC to reply to your email with a rejection so quickly...this sucks...

Don't give up! -- if anything changes for you, try again after 30 days but this time, i would highly suggest that you don't use financial hardship as the reason.  I've read this on many blogs that during this stage of NVC, they want to make sure you are financially stable and can support your spouse when they immigrate to US...

Thanks for the encouraging words❤️

Ah good to know! We have a joint sponsor that makes well of the required salary so they shouldn't have any fears about that, but I see what you're saying. The job market has been so bad in Ireland and I've been out of work for so long, I thought a job offer might sway them.

I saw someone post that they saw someone who submitted June 22nd get DQed, we're June 24th, so HOPEFULLY things move quickly without the expedite.

Hopefully you have some better luck with it🙂

We sent an expedited request first on the 16th as an inquiry but then on the 21st  of June with the actual proof (military orders to PCS back to states).  A friend at work sent his the 4th and got approved already and now at the embassy.  I'll update when I hear back but it seems 7 weeks for a reply back is the going rate currently with the NVC expedites

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
On 7/29/2021 at 10:33 PM, impactideas said:

I am sorry for your loss and I pray that your expedite gets approved! 

After the loss of your child, you do need your spouse to be with you during this difficult time and that would qualify as a psychological and emotional hardship. 

i wish you all the best. 

Thank you very much. So far I just know they sent the expedite request to the embassy. No updates or answers yet. I appreciate the prayers.

On 8/1/2021 at 12:21 PM, speedsun said:

We sent an expedited request first on the 16th as an inquiry but then on the 21st  of June with the actual proof (military orders to PCS back to states).  A friend at work sent his the 4th and got approved already and now at the embassy.  I'll update when I hear back but it seems 7 weeks for a reply back is the going rate currently with the NVC expedites

This week marks the 8th week since I sent in the first email on Monday, June 14th.  I’ll just give up if I don’t hear anything by Friday. 

22 hours ago, GulabLassi said:

Thank you very much. So far I just know they sent the expedite request to the embassy. No updates or answers yet. I appreciate the prayers.

All the best! 

22 hours ago, GulabLassi said:

GulabLassi…

I just realized that on your initial post, you mentioned…

”I sent a request on July 05, 2021. Then we sent from Senator on July 22, 2021. No answer back at all” 

I submitted mine on June 14th…..and if they’ve replied to your request from July 5th…maybe mine got lost in the shuffle? 

Until last week, everyone from June 8th were receiving an update from NVC. I am surprised they’ve jumped straight to July(!?) 

This week marks the 8th week since I sent in the first email on Monday, June 14th.  I’ll just give up if I don’t hear anything by Friday. 

All the best! 

It honestly should be this week for a reply back based on others experience. As long as your embassy is accepting them as well

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

GulabLassi…

I just realized that on your initial post, you mentioned…

”I sent a request on July 05, 2021. Then we sent from Senator on July 22, 2021. No answer back at all” 

I submitted mine on June 14th…..and if they’ve replied to your request from July 5th…maybe mine got lost in the shuffle? 

Until last week, everyone from June 8th were receiving an update from NVC. I am surprised they’ve jumped straight to July(!?) 

I got denied for one of my expedite requests but not sure which one. I found out by calling them no email was received. The denial was dated July 28 the day I was supposed to bury the baby and they knew this so that hurts so much. Also, they did update my account today with an RFE at NVC adding further pain. Now I have to wait even longer to be DQ. I am just fed up at this point with everything. Not to mention suffering from this loss without my husband is mentally draining. I hope you hear something soon. Praying for the best for you.

Edited by GulabLassi

15 hours ago, GulabLassi said:

I got denied for one of my expedite requests but not sure which one. I found out by calling them no email was received. The denial was dated July 28 the day I was supposed to bury the baby and they knew this so that hurts so much. Also, they did update my account today with an RFE at NVC adding further pain. Now I have to wait even longer to be DQ. I am just fed up at this point with everything. Not to mention suffering from this loss without my husband is mentally draining. I hope you hear something soon. Praying for the best for you.

I am extremely sorry for your loss and I pray that NVC reconsiders their decision and sends you an approval notice.   This must be an extremely difficult time for you and I can't even imagine what might be going through your mind. Stay strong and this time will pass, and i wish you the best of everything in life. 

15 hours ago, speedsun said:

It honestly should be this week for a reply back based on others experience. As long as your embassy is accepting them as well

Finally!!! -- I received the email from NVC today, it states the following:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition is under review. We will send you the result when it is completed.

Please note: Only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can approve or deny expedite requests.

Please do not send any repeat requests. It may delay the response time.

However, if you do not receive a response within 30 days, please follow up by email to nvcexpedite@state.gov.

21 hours ago, impactideas said:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Your request for expedited processing of this immigrant visa petition is under review. We will send you the result when it is completed.

Please note: Only the U.S. Embassy or Consulate can approve or deny expedite requests.

However, if you do not receive a response within 30 days, please follow up by email to nvcexpedite@state.gov.

I also received an email back today from my original email dated 16 June.  That email didn't have details as I was just approved at USCIS so I sent another with all the info they asked for in the generic reply email on the 21st of June.  They basically just replied back saying to submit an inquiry through their website on how to send an expedite.  Should be getting a reply back from the 21 June email soon.

21 hours ago, impactideas said:

Dear Sir/Madam:

Its usually a 2-3 day response back on the expedite as well.

Edited by speedsun

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.