moxy

Trump rails against favorite targets in bitter speech at CPAC

5 posts in this topic

The headline is predictable, but this was noteworthy:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-donald-trump-crac-20210711-crghcd4dazcozo6osoq4f3bmbu-story.html

In an appearance earlier on Fox News’s “Sunday Morning Futures,” Trump had nothing but praise, however, for for fanatical supporters who stormed the U.S. Capitol in January.

His supporters besieged the Capitol Jan. 6 following a speech he gave at a rally in Washington, as Congress was meeting to finalize Electoral College results of the November 2020 presidential election.

Trump said the rally was “called by people, by patriots, and they’d asked me if I’d speak.”

“They were there for one reason, the rigged election, they felt the election was rigged,” he said, repeating his discredited claims about the contest.

They were peaceful people, these were great people, the crowd was unbelievable and I mentioned the word love,” he said. “The love in the air, I’ve never seen anything like it.”

Doubles down on insurrection, refuses to take personal responsibility. Wins CPAC straw poll. Republican Party like...

haha take that liberals | This Is Fine | Know Your Meme

4 hours ago, moxy said:

https://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/us-elections-government/ny-donald-trump-crac-20210711-crghcd4dazcozo6osoq4f3bmbu-story.html

Doubles down on insurrection, refuses to take personal responsibility. Wins CPAC straw poll. Republican Party like...

so where in his speech that day did he encourage people to commit violence 

Maybe you're right. The people who committed this insurrection took time off work, they bought airline tickets, they made hotel reservations, they packed their tacti-cool gear, and they went out and bought weapons. They did this all before Trump's speech. Trump had been ginning them up with talk of a stolen election and massive voter fraud for weeks. So maybe that speech was just the cherry on top of the conditions he created over weeks, a culmination of his dangerous and pernicious grievances. Maybe even if he hadn't had that speech, the insurrection still would have happened.

But then at any time he could have talked the insurrectionists down. The President of the United States could be in front of every major media outlet within minutes to get the message out to tell them to just stop. Instead, he sat safely in the White House and reveled in the carnage. Some described him as "giddy." So I hardly see much difference. It's something Trump wanted to happen, and in my opinion he'd have let the entire city burn if that would have given him back the presidency. If you want to say the Jan 6th speech didn't cause the insurrection, fine. But it was the final link in a weeks long chain.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
12 hours ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

so where in his speech that day did he encourage people to commit violence 

The rules are different.  When a Democrat like Maxine Waters, Nancy Pelosi, etc. encourage rioting everything is fine.  The heck with destroying the lives of private citizens and small business owners, but riot in DC at the Capitol and its the firing squad! 

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
17 hours ago, moxy said:

This ^^^^ is all coming down