IoanaCA

Re-scheduled interview - expired police certificate

16 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello, 

After my interview got cancelled in March 2020, I just got re-schedule in Montreal for my F2B visa... :D

I had all my docs ready for my first interview, and now for my second one all the docs are expired. I'm referring to the Police certificate, photos, Sponsor's tax records...

Do they accept expired docs due to COVID? Or I have to get updated ones.

Many thanks for all your help 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
  • as the deadline for 2019 taxes was extended beyond tilll July 15 , 2020,  the tax transcripts would be for 2018 (last tax year) as  2019 were not needed at a March interview
  • now the 2020 taxes were extended to July 15, 2021 and if you interview after then,  the 2020 tax  transcripts are needed

they should require a new medical exam as the other is outdated

up to each embassy is they need new police report but from what i have seen so far ,  embassies are not requesting this (may depend on how old it is)

Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:
  • as the deadline for 2019 taxes was extended beyond tilll July 15 , 2020,  the tax transcripts would be for 2018 (last tax year) as  2019 were not needed at a March interview
  • now the 2020 taxes were extended to July 15, 2021 and if you interview after then,  the 2020 tax  transcripts are needed

they should require a new medical exam as the other is outdated

up to each embassy is they need new police report but from what i have seen so far ,  embassies are not requesting this (may depend on how old it is)

Jeanne, 

Thank you so much, I will re-do the medicals, and police certificate from Canada...is just I have one from my birth country and is so hard to get an updated one in just a month. The one that I have is from Nov.2019. :( I really hope is still good, considering I didn't even travel there for awhile. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
2 hours ago, IoanaCA said:

Jeanne, 

Thank you so much, I will re-do the medicals, and police certificate from Canada...is just I have one from my birth country and is so hard to get an updated one in just a month. The one that I have is from Nov.2019. :( I really hope is still good, considering I didn't even travel there for awhile. 

If you have not returned to that country since you got the report ,  a new one is not needed

and don't redo medical until you are told to do so,   as it is the expiration date for the visa (6 months from the medical)

so, basically do it as close as possible to the interview

Edited by JeanneAdil

Timeline

Just went to take my fingerprints , and the criminal record from RCMP takes 5 weeks :( and my interview is in 4 weeks. 
I really hope it will come in time…

I already had one from 2019 but I assumed they will ask for a more recent one. How long it took until you got yours?

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, IoanaCA said:

Just went to take my fingerprints , and the criminal record from RCMP takes 5 weeks :( and my interview is in 4 weeks. 
I really hope it will come in time…

I already had one from 2019 but I assumed they will ask for a more recent one. How long it took until you got yours?

Hello IoanaCA,

Woah! 5 weeks now for the RCMP? It took only two weeks pre pandemic. 

May I know your DQ date?  I’m waiting for my interview, F1 visa, got DQ last July 2020.

Timeline
19 minutes ago, MovingtoTexas said:

Hello IoanaCA,

Woah! 5 weeks now for the RCMP? It took only two weeks pre pandemic. 

May I know your DQ date?  I’m waiting for my interview, F1 visa, got DQ last July 2020.

My DQ will not help cause I transfered my case to Montreal from my home country when the pandemic started. I had DQ August 2019, and had my interview scheduled for March 2020 in Bucharest, then transferred my case to Montreal, last minute, and I finally got scheduled after 1 year and 5 months. 

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
45 minutes ago, IoanaCA said:

My DQ will not help cause I transfered my case to Montreal from my home country when the pandemic started. I had DQ August 2019, and had my interview scheduled for March 2020 in Bucharest, then transferred my case to Montreal, last minute, and I finally got scheduled after 1 year and 5 months. 

Thanks for the info.  Hey, at least you finally got rescheduled.  I got my rcmp police cert last year in two weeks, when Commissionaires said it would take a month.  Hopefully, you get yours before the interview. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, MovingtoTexas said:

Thanks for the info.  Hey, at least you finally got rescheduled.  I got my rcmp police cert last year in two weeks, when Commissionaires said it would take a month.  Hopefully, you get yours before the interview. 

🤞

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/6/2021 at 6:47 PM, IoanaCA said:

Hello, 

After my interview got cancelled in March 2020, I just got re-schedule in Montreal for my F2B visa... :D

I had all my docs ready for my first interview, and now for my second one all the docs are expired. I'm referring to the Police certificate, photos, Sponsor's tax records...

Do they accept expired docs due to COVID? Or I have to get updated ones.

Many thanks for all your help 

How was your interview?

Just now, Canada_F3 said:

How was your interview?

It’s completed, you got visa!!!!!

On 8/1/2021 at 10:09 AM, IoanaCA said:

I didn’t have my interview yet. It’s next week 🙏🏻. I will write a review once I’m done with the interview. 

Best wishes for the interview. Thank you.

You have changed embassy for interview after Documents Qualified at NVC ? You write email to NVC after DQ to change Montreal embassy for interview?

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Canada_F3 said:

Best wishes for the interview. Thank you.

You have changed embassy for interview after Documents Qualified at NVC ? You write email to NVC after DQ to change Montreal embassy for interview?

Hi, 

After NVC set up my interview in my birth country , I had to deal directly with the embassy’s if I wanted to change the interview location. I contacted the embassy in my birth country and they transferred everything electronically to CA, and I waited for Montreal embassy to have an available interview date. But yes, after DQ you can still deal with NVC until they actually send you the interview letter, after that they will send you to the embassy for new inquiries.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.