7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

No. 

But why would you have one if you're above poverty guidelines??🤷🏽‍♂️

Don't complicate simple matters

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
55 minutes ago, Timona said:

No. 

But why would you have one if you're above poverty guidelines??🤷🏽‍♂️

Don't complicate simple matters

My taxe year said i’m above the poverty guidelines but i’ve heard some people here said that, even that they send them rfe

that makes me confused…

cause I already have an rfe bc i filled them form wrong. Im so careful to not make any mistakes 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

You don't need a joint sponsor. That's it.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline
7 hours ago, Jeff fed said:

My taxe year said i’m above the poverty guidelines but i’ve heard some people here said that, even that they send them rfe

that makes me confused…

cause I already have an rfe bc i filled them form wrong. Im so careful to not make any mistakes 

People get RFEs for many reasons. They could have filled the form wrong, like you said you did, or they did not provide documentation to prove their income. You cannot just state you make so much annually without showing them. Most recent taxes and W-2 will do that, but sometimes you may need to send other documentation to show proof of your current annual income(more past years of tax transcripts, pay stubs, letter from employer, etc.). If you are absolutely sure you meet the income requirement for your household size, then you don't need a joint sponsor, but you need to show them that you in fact do meet the requirement.

If you are not absolutely sure you meet the requirement for your household size, then yes, you can use a joint sponsor. There is no penalty for using a joint sponsor when you alone meet the requirement. However, your joint sponsor will need to fill out their own I-864, meet the requirement for their household size plus your spouse, and provide the documentation that proves they in fact meet the income requirement.  This is completely unnecessary if you meet the requirement, as the joint sponsor will be 'on the hook' for a long time by signing on that dotted line.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
5 hours ago, KayDeeCee said:

People get RFEs for many reasons. They could have filled the form wrong, like you said you did, or they did not provide documentation to prove their income. You cannot just state you make so much annually without showing them. Most recent taxes and W-2 will do that, but sometimes you may need to send other documentation to show proof of your current annual income(more past years of tax transcripts, pay stubs, letter from employer, etc.). If you are absolutely sure you meet the income requirement for your household size, then you don't need a joint sponsor, but you need to show them that you in fact do meet the requirement.

If you are not absolutely sure you meet the requirement for your household size, then yes, you can use a joint sponsor. There is no penalty for using a joint sponsor when you alone meet the requirement. However, your joint sponsor will need to fill out their own I-864, meet the requirement for their household size plus your spouse, and provide the documentation that proves they in fact meet the income requirement.  This is completely unnecessary if you meet the requirement, as the joint sponsor will be 'on the hook' for a long time by signing on that dotted line.

Thank you so much that’s helpful 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.