Meli022

Another expedite question

22 posts in this topic

Hey everyone... I've submitted everything to NVC on June 3rd for CR1. Today I sent an expedite request. When my case finally comes up for review hopefully in the next week or two...will they see I have an exp request pending or does it go to a completely different inbox and I'll have to wait another 30 days or so for the exp response? Any answers are greatly appreciated!

3 hours ago, Meli022 said:

Hey everyone... I've submitted everything to NVC on June 3rd for CR1. Today I sent an expedite request. When my case finally comes up for review hopefully in the next week or two...will they see I have an exp request pending or does it go to a completely different inbox and I'll have to wait another 30 days or so for the exp response? Any answers are greatly appreciated!

Based on their current timeline for document review (Current case review time: As of 28-JUN-2021, they are reviewing documents submitted on 27-MAY-2021), it looks like your expedite request will get reviewed first. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I sent my request on June 2nd and haven't heard anything back, I called NVC last night and they couldn't provide any information on my request, she stated she doesn't have access to emails... I did receive an acknowledgement shortly after it was sent, but received nothing since..   As the acknowledgment noted, if you don't hear back in 15 working days, Re-submit, which is what I did last night, only this time the acknowledgment email has changed slightly, they now ask you to wait 30 working days before re-submitting... They brought this backlog on themselves, they created it and were all dealing with the ramifications... Covid is no longer an excuse! not with US Vaccines that prevent transmission!!!

6 minutes ago, nykolos said:

I sent my request on June 2nd and haven't heard anything back, I called NVC last night and they couldn't provide any information on my request, she stated she doesn't have access to emails... I did receive an acknowledgement shortly after it was sent, but received nothing since..   As the acknowledgment noted, if you don't hear back in 15 working days, Re-submit, which is what I did last night, only this time the acknowledgment email has changed slightly, they now ask you to wait 30 working days before re-submitting... They brought this backlog on themselves, they created it and were all dealing with the ramifications... Covid is no longer an excuse! not with US Vaccines that prevent transmission!!!

Yup my generic email also says 30 business days!! Oh I know I totally agree! You might hear something this week. "Normal" requests on average are taking 32 days. So I hope they get to your exp this week! I sent my original Documents in on June 3rd so I'm also hoping to hear something by next Friday. Then I guess I'll just sit and wait on the exp because there's nothing else I can do. My embassy website says to contact NVC's for expedites. So frustrating and annoying. Maybe if their website worked correctly for more than a week we wouldn't be in this mess.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 7/2/2021 at 12:13 PM, Meli022 said:

Maybe if their website worked correctly for more than a week we wouldn't be in this mess.

If US Embassies worked correctly,  by that I mean, returning to work to process petitions that they were PAID to process, we wouldn't have a year backlog in front of us... Our Embassies should have resumed processing at full capacity back in January!

No and I'm still waiting to hear anything on my original request on June 3rd hahaha....I have a friend who also applied for exp June 8th and they were told the exp inbox is getting 1000 requests daily. I would say they are probably taking the same 6 weeks to review just like the standard requests. Ridiculous.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Everyone! 

I've been engaged on different websites trying to get any information on the NVC expedite response times.

This morning, an individual confirmed they've received a reply from NVC, the initial email that they had sent out was on June 8th, and they received a reply on July 28th. 

Wondering if any of you have received any update from NVC? -- I wanted to keep you all informed on what I've found. 

3 hours ago, impactideas said:

Hey Everyone! 

I've been engaged on different websites trying to get any information on the NVC expedite response times.

This morning, an individual confirmed they've received a reply from NVC, the initial email that they had sent out was on June 8th, and they received a reply on July 28th. 

Wondering if any of you have received any update from NVC? -- I wanted to keep you all informed on what I've found. 

•  

I sent my exp in June 30th and haven't heard anything. I have a friend that sent in June 8th and also hasn't heard anything. Maybe they will be by the end of this week if they are working on or around the 8th. It feels like a lost cause at this point haha These timelines certainly aren't expedited! 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Hey guys

i have send in the request on 8th June

but I haven’t heard anything yet 😃 

Its good to read people with the same expedited timeframe as mine are getting reviewed. 

i just have a question 🙋🏻‍♀️ for those whose expedited is already approved 

How long does it take for them to send the interview email after they approve the exp? 

On 7/28/2021 at 4:03 PM, Meli022 said:

I sent my exp in June 30th and haven't heard anything. I have a friend that sent in June 8th and also hasn't heard anything. Maybe they will be by the end of this week if they are working on or around the 8th. It feels like a lost cause at this point haha These timelines certainly aren't expedited! 

A ton of folks have reported they've received a reply from NVC for the requests that were submitted on June 8th, i hope your friend has received the email by now.

And you are not far behind now, at least now we know they're actively reviewing the requests from June.   Keep your hopes high! 

On 7/28/2021 at 5:27 PM, Zaraa said:

Hey guys

i have send in the request on 8th June

but I haven’t heard anything yet 😃 

Its good to read people with the same expedited timeframe as mine are getting reviewed. 

i just have a question 🙋🏻‍♀️ for those whose expedited is already approved 

How long does it take for them to send the interview email after they approve the exp? 

I hope you've received the reply from NVC by now, since your request was submitted on June 8th and I pray that you receive a positive reply. 

From what I've read so far, it can take the Embassy to schedule the interview in 2-3 weeks or 1-2 month after they received the file from NVC, which take ~2 weeks once the expedite is approved...and sometimes, even after the expedite is approved by the US consulate, they'll request NVC to only send the file over once the application is Documentarily qualified (DQ), which can add to the timeline. Regarding the interview question, i guess that would depend on the US consulate that you'll be working with... they'll have to find a special slot to accommodate your appointment. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline
5 hours ago, impactideas said:

I hope you've received the reply from NVC by now, since your request was submitted on June 8th and I pray that you receive a positive reply. 

From what I've read so far, it can take the Embassy to schedule the interview in 2-3 weeks or 1-2 month after they received the file from NVC, which take ~2 weeks once the expedite is approved...and sometimes, even after the expedite is approved by the US consulate, they'll request NVC to only send the file over once the application is Documentarily qualified (DQ), which can add to the timeline. Regarding the interview question, i guess that would depend on the US consulate that you'll be working with... they'll have to find a special slot to accommodate your appointment. 

Thank you 😊

My husband actually received an email from them saying that the request is under review

so probably we will get a response in a day or two.

I was just wondering even after approval how long will it take for them to schedule an interview and i got a better idea from your msgs 

if you hear something regarding the timeline between approval and the interview from anyone on any other website

please do update

ill be grateful☺️♥️

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.