25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline
1 hour ago, arken said:

Did i ever say the opposite? I know that. Some people do not want to go money order route because they think only the personal check or credit card payment can be tracked to see if they've been cashed. I'l just making it aware one can see if usps money order has been chased.

I’m going to do the money order route! I feel it’s the best option! Thank you so much! 

On 6/23/2021 at 4:24 PM, Timona said:

I would still go for money order.

Basically, with money order, the money has been withdrawn from your account and is being held by WU or whatever and just need to be deposited in the next account by recipient. This isn't the case with personal checks, which becomes disastrous should USCIS decide to withdraw "whenever they feel like" and unfortunately, you don't have funds in it. When that happens, your application gets rejected and you've lost time. Currently, it's taking USCIS 2-3 months to receive applications, cash checks and issue receipts. 

You can also get cashier's checks free from your bank. 

MO are less than a $1 where I am at.

MO has tracking too, if that's what you're worried about. 

Hi There!

I will be filling for AOS and will go with MO option.

Question I have, I can see on USCIS site the name of payee but NOT the address. For MO I need address for uscis. Should I put lockbox address for it or is there a specific address which Im missing? 

Please advise!

Thanks.   

H

Edited by HarryHerc
Need notifications

On 6/23/2021 at 4:24 PM, Timona said:

I would still go for money order.

Basically, with money order, the money has been withdrawn from your account and is being held by WU or whatever and just need to be deposited in the next account by recipient. This isn't the case with personal checks, which becomes disastrous should USCIS decide to withdraw "whenever they feel like" and unfortunately, you don't have funds in it. When that happens, your application gets rejected and you've lost time. Currently, it's taking USCIS 2-3 months to receive applications, cash checks and issue receipts. 

You can also get cashier's checks free from your bank. 

MO are less than a $1 where I am at.

MO has tracking too, if that's what you're worried about. 

Hi There!

I will be filling for AOS and will go with MO option.

Question I have, I can see on USCIS site the name of payee but NOT the address. For MO I need address for uscis. Should I put lockbox address for it or is there a specific address which Im missing? 

Please advise!

Thanks.   

H

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
11 hours ago, HarryHerc said:

Hi There!

I will be filling for AOS and will go with MO option.

Please advise!

Thanks.   

H

You don't need any USCIS address. The address on the MO is yours, not USCIS'. See attached 

All you need to do is make sure it says U.S. Department of Homeland Security not USCIS nor DHS. That's the most important. 

Additionally, save the bottom part of MO for your tracking.

Screenshot_20210626-114844_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

4 hours ago, Timona said:

You don't need any USCIS address. The address on the MO is yours, not USCIS'. See attached 

All you need to do is make sure it says U.S. Department of Homeland Security not USCIS nor DHS. That's the most important. 

Thank you for the reply’

23 hours ago, Timona said:

One more thing, MO are capped at $1000, is it okay to send multiple MO’s then? I need to send $1225 for AOS and $535 for I130.

has anyone done this by sending 3 MO’s? Like splitting $1225 MO into 2 MO’s of $1000 and $225?

Please advise. Thank you once again! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
2 hours ago, HarryHerc said:

One more thing, MO are capped at $1000, is it okay to send multiple MO’s then? I need to send $1225 for AOS and $535 for I130.

has anyone done this by sending 3 MO’s? Like splitting $1225 MO into 2 MO’s of $1000 and $225?

Yes you can split. Ideally speaking, I'd split into two to avoid extra MO charge i.e $1000 & $760. 3 splits will still do. Most people just do 2. I did 2. No issues at all. 

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
2 hours ago, HarryHerc said:

Just do a personal check and be done with it, don't mess with MO, they're a hassle. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

I believe we did a cashier’s Check. Up to you. 😊

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.